Ironing

geocruiser

Hello to all,

Will be sailing on Nieuw Amsterdam this Dec.  I know irons are not allowed (for good reasons) and there is no self service laundry.  I brought the laundry package for the week.  Now. I want to have my clothes iron when I get on board due to packing wrinkles.  Does HAL have a separate ironing package that I can buy?

It has been a while since I sail HAL, so can you please help me out?   

I don’t have an answer to your question, but I do have a piece of advice. Downy Wrinkle Release is our new best friend when we travel. We pre-iron our clothes before packing, and then when we get onboard the ship, we spray the wrinkles and hang our clothes. I haven’t had to send anything to be ironed since we started using this spray. 

• Like 4

I don't have a price, but unlimited pressing IS available, per this photo of the laundry slip:

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.pdf

ETA: It's at the bottom, next to unlimited laundry and laundry by the bag.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I don't have a price, but unlimited pressing IS available, per this photo of the laundry slip:

https://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HAL-Laundry-Bag-Price.pdf

Thank you.

I will give HAL a ring in the AM and ask about it.

I am Back!!

I just called HAL and spoke to a wonderful lady named Jennifer, I think her dept was ship services.  Yes, I was able to buy the pressing package.  Now I have both the wash and pressing package.  I am very happy!!

You shouldn't need to buy two packages - the unlimited laundry package should include pressing.

We sailed Eurodam last month and purchased unlimited laundry for the 11 nights - $77.  Day of embarkation I sent six dress shirts and four cabana shirts out for pressing only...it was covered under our unlimited laundry package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, geocruiser said:

I am Back!!

I just called HAL and spoke to a wonderful lady named Jennifer, I think her dept was ship services.  Yes, I was able to buy the pressing package.  Now I have both the wash and pressing package.  I am very happy!!

my unlimited laundry package covered “pressing only”. I just returned from a cruise on November 6th, so I would hope nothing has changed. It would definitely “pay” to call HAL and ask.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:17 PM, Tapi said:

Downy Wrinkle Release is our new best friend when we travel.

If you want to save a few bucks, you can make your own wrinkle release by mixing one tablespoon of fabric softener to a cup of water. Then put this mixture in your spray bottles.  

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 6:32 PM, crystalspin said:

Can anyone advise on the prices of those three promotions for a 7 day cruise?  We will be traveling for a week or so post cruise so if the price is right I wouldn’t mind leaving the cruise with clean clothes. 

18 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Can anyone advise on the prices of those three promotions for a 7 day cruise?  We will be traveling for a week or so post cruise so if the price is right I wouldn’t mind leaving the cruise with clean clothes. 

My unlimited laundry package for my Hawaii/Mexico cruise was $7/day for the cabin.  I believe I paid $9/day for my Mediterranean cruise, but that was a couple of years ago.

You can also do one bag for $20. You can fit a LOT in one bag. Your ship will announce the promotion in either a flyer or your daily When & Where, if this is a consistent practice fleet wide.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Thanks 1

The by-the-bag option is always available, though, it is on the laundry form. It has been $20/bag on US cruises and $30/bag for cruises with either end in Europe (and I think, Asia). The cost may have changed or may change before any particular cruise, I think that's why it's not printed on the laundry form linked above.

• Thanks 1