Solstice being redeployed??

Muffinz

My wife got a notification on her phone this morning with news saying that after Solstice has gone through refurbishment in 2021 she is being redeployed to Asia to do the Singapore / Thailand / Hong Kong / Japan criuses from April 2021 - I can't see anything on Celebriries website about this and nothing comes up in a google search.... can anyone confirm this?

the news also said that Eclipse (that is soon to be based in Melbourne) will move to Sydney and that will be it's base..... again I couldn't find any information about this

does anyone know if the above is true?

if so what is going to happen to Millennium? - because currently Millennium does the Asia cruises, then goes to Alaska for the northern hemisphere summer

would be keen to know if anyone has heard anything about this... or is it just 'fake news'? 😁

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

My wife got a notification on her phone this morning with news saying that after Solstice has gone through refurbishment in 2021 she is being redeployed to Asia to do the Singapore / Thailand / Hong Kong / Japan criuses from April 2021 - I can't see anything on Celebriries website about this and nothing comes up in a google search.... can anyone confirm this?

the news also said that Eclipse (that is soon to be based in Melbourne) will move to Sydney and that will be it's base..... again I couldn't find any information about this

does anyone know if the above is true?

if so what is going to happen to Millennium? - because currently Millennium does the Asia cruises, then goes to Alaska for the northern hemisphere summer

would be keen to know if anyone has heard anything about this... or is it just 'fake news'? 😁

If you read this thread, and study the new schedules, you will see that is does appear to be correct. Solstice is moving onto Asia and Eclipse is to be based in Sydney.   Will be sad to see the Solstice go - she was our favourite ship down under.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2709928-20212022-schedule-is-sloooowly-starting-to-be-released-please-compile-all-findingsreleases-in-this-thread-only/

2 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

If you read this thread, and study the new schedules, you will see that is does appear to be correct. Solstice is moving onto Asia and Eclipse is to be based in Sydney.   Will be sad to see the Solstice go - she was our favourite ship down under.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2709928-20212022-schedule-is-sloooowly-starting-to-be-released-please-compile-all-findingsreleases-in-this-thread-only/

Refurbishments aside,  Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse are virtually identical - a few subtle differences

14 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

I know Eclipse is moving to Sydney because we booked our New Zealand voyage round trip out of Sydney for October 2021.

We were originally booked on the Eclipse from Melbourne to Hawaii in April 2021. This cruise has since been cancelled and she is going into dock in Singapore and then onto Japan and across to Canada via Russia.

We have been transferred to the Solstice departing Sydney on April 15 2021 going to Hawaii via NZ and Tahiti before doing the summer Alaska run.

I think someone needs to recheck their itineraries

19 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

We were originally booked on the Eclipse from Melbourne to Hawaii in April 2021. This cruise has since been cancelled and she is going into dock in Singapore and then onto Japan and across to Canada via Russia.

We have been transferred to the Solstice departing Sydney on April 15 2021 going to Hawaii via NZ and Tahiti before doing the summer Alaska run.

I am scheduled to sail on the Solstice on both the 4/4/2021 sailing and the 4/15/2021 sailing.  I believe these are the sailings right after her upgrade.

22 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

We were booked on Eclipse from Melbourne all the way to Vancouver, but we couldn't switch to Solstice as we would have missed our daughter's college graduation. We've moved to Oceania from Tahiti to San Francisco via Hawaii instead. Bonus: a very sort direct flight home after 11 weeks away.

21 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

The Millenium will be doing Panama Canal and Pacific costal cruises. It looks as though it will be in the Caribbean but no details have been issued yet.

Royal Caribbean Group wants to be a main player don under, hence as mentioned here it would make a lot of sense to move a Edge Class Ship down under.

there have been no announcements regarding an 'edge' class ship heading down under - nothing on Celebrities site anyway

from what it looks like Eclipse is coming down under and will do dual Aus / NZ routes with Solstice for 1 season, then after Solstice gets refurbished, she will be off to Asia by the looks - leaving us with just Eclipse

22 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

there have been no announcements regarding an 'edge' class ship heading down under - nothing on Celebrities site anyway

from what it looks like Eclipse is coming down under and will do dual Aus / NZ routes with Solstice for 1 season, then after Solstice gets refurbished, she will be off to Asia by the looks - leaving us with just Eclipse

Please provide a link indicating that the Solstice is moving to Asia leaving only the Eclipse down under. It should be noted that some of us were aware that the Eclipse was coming south about 6 months before it was announced. Demand on down under cruises is such that two ships are now required during the summer season. Should the Solstice be redeployed to Asia don't be surprised to see the Edge sent down here. Remember you saw it here first

1 minute ago, Beanb41 said:

Please provide a link indicating that the Solstice is moving to Asia leaving only the Eclipse down under. It should be noted that some of us were aware that the Eclipse was coming south about 6 months before it was announced. Demand on down under cruises is such that two ships are now required during the summer season. Should the Solstice be redeployed to Asia don't be surprised to see the Edge sent down here. Remember you saw it here first

someone posted a link to the new schedules - somewhere on this forum and after Solstice gets refurbished is showed Solstice doing the Asian routes from Singapore / Hong kong / Japan.....

I've just looked up Cruises for December 2021 through to March 2022 on celebrities website and all the 'Asian' cruises are with Solstice

the only NZ / Australia ones are with Eclipse

Edited by Muffinz

11 hours ago, BigRedFan said:

I am scheduled to sail on the Solstice on both the 4/4/2021 sailing and the 4/15/2021 sailing.  I believe these are the sailings right after her upgrade.

On the X website, the date shown for Solstice going into "Revolution" is Oct. 29, 2021.    Does anyone have reliable info to the contrary?  It is certainly pertinent to us, as we are booked from Vancouver to Tokyo for Sept. 10-26, 2021.

Edited by freddie

8 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_2021_2022_Flyer.pdf

It is clear from this link that the Edge will be in Europe and the Caribbean. Solstice replaces Millennium in Asia

3 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_2021_2022_Flyer.pdf

It is clear from this link that the Edge will be in Europe and the Caribbean. Solstice replaces Millennium in Asia

I wouldnt read too much into long term cruise programmes. In the last couple of months I have had my Constellation cruise Athens to Singapore cancelled due to Constellation redeployment to Tampa and The Eclipse Melbourne to Hawaii cancelled because she will be in Singapore then Japan and Canada.

10 hours ago, freddie said:

On the X website, the date shown for Solstice going into "Revolution" is Oct. 29, 2021.    Does anyone have reliable info to the contrary?  It is certainly pertinent to us, as we are booked from Vancouver to Tokyo for Sept. 10-26, 2021.

I believe you are correct, I saw on another CC post the list of all refurbishments.  It is the Eclipse scheduled for just before the 4/4/21 sailing.

This is the info site:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=521

4 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

I wouldnt read too much into long term cruise programmes. In the last couple of months I have had my Constellation cruise Athens to Singapore cancelled due to Constellation redeployment to Tampa and The Eclipse Melbourne to Hawaii cancelled because she will be in Singapore then Japan and Canada.

Yes things can change but the schedule has been set for Summer 2021 and Winter 2022 with the Caribbean 2022 Schedule due shortly. We don't know what will happen in the future

You have been unfortunate in having two cruises cancelled, one because of a decision to relocate the Constellation, the other because of a delay to the  'Revolution" of the Eclipse