Noro on Marina

wcc19

Surely code red is code red regardless of the percentage of affected.I for one,would like to know when any ship has code red in any year.I,as some of you know, believe I it isn’t just the passengers and if there is a frequent gastric problem,it could make me consider booking anything on that ship.

I note our cruise which was heavily affected with a gastric virus,is not on the CDC list.

Edited by janecambridge

3 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Surely code red is code red regardless of the percentage of affected.

Quite the opposite.  The system requires 3% to be ill with what they can actually CALL Noro before it kicks in.

Edited by StanandJim

3 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Surely code red is code red regardless of the percentage of affected.I for one,would like to know when any ship has code red in any year.I,as some of you know, believe I it isn’t just the passengers and if there is a frequent gastric problem,it could make me consider booking anything on that ship.

I note our cruise which was heavily affected with a gastric virus,is not on the CDC list.

If the ship was  stopping in the USA  then it is on CDC 

Not sure if  in Europe if there is an equivalent  agency

29 minutes ago, clo said:

Any update on this? Embarking on 12/7 and guessing all's well.  Please report back. Thanks.

29 minutes ago, clo said:

Any update on this? Embarking on 12/7 and guessing all's well.  Please report back. Thanks.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:02 PM, Parker8888 said:

As of 12/3 marina  virus is apparently over, pending no new cases. All.is back to normal and no.delays in boarding dec.7

So glad to hear this- we embark on Dec 7th. Can’t wait!   Have experience with code red on Marina Mar- Apr 2019 Lima to NYC cruise!  

On 12/5/2019 at 5:59 PM, clo said:

We have one sea day so, if necessary, we can get meds then. Although our "what-if" bag has something(s).

Clo - following your posts on your cruise and wondering how the health is aboard the ship. Boarding on the 19th. Thanks

29 minutes ago, nvgal said:

Clo - following your posts on your cruise and wondering how the health is aboard the ship. Boarding on the 19th. Thanks

It's totally fine. There's nothing out of the ordinary being done. And only one staff member got sick so I'm guessing that bodes well. Have a great time.

• Like 1