shuttle from pier 66 seattle to seatac

nrandal

3 hours ago, clo said:

Curious why?

Because I could take Uber and not haul my luggage on the light rail, and get dropped of right in front of my airline at the airport.  If I take the light rail to SeaTac it is a walk hauling luggage from the light rail to the airport.  But like I said, others may not mind doing that. It just isn't for me.

• Thanks 1

Howdy @nrandal! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post on the Ask a Cruise Question forum! 👍 

However since your inquiry concerns Seattle transportation, I have moved your thread to the North American Homeports - West Coast Departures forum where it will be more on-topic for transportation, hotels, dining & embarkation Information. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

21 hours ago, clo said:

Curious why?

It’s pretty inconvenient for the cost savings. Although there is an elevator across from Pier 66 there are still hills on the way to the light rail station at Westlake.  Even taking an Uber/Lyft/Cab to the light rail station with luggage can be a chore, particularly if the elevators and/or escalators aren’t operating. There is limited luggage storage on the light rail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On top of that, the light rail station at Sea-Tac is some distance away from the terminal (about 1/4 mile from the station to the first entrance door of the terminal) which could be a pain if you're hauling luggage.  And the airport itself isn't exactly small either, going from the light rail station to one of the A gates could be quite a bit of walking.  If you're in good health and don't have too much luggage it's doable though.  I'll do it if I'm traveling with one carry-on suitcase, probably not with much more than that though.

20 hours ago, Cruiser933 said:

Wouldn’t it be pretty easy to use port valet to transport your luggage then take the light rail to the airport?

The light rail stop for them would be Westlake, and it is not convenient in my book to walk when there is Uber available. Walking from the Westlake Station about five blocks downhill to the Market, through a VERY crowded Market to the elevator down to the waterfront, then between 1/4 to 1/2 mile north on the waterfront to Pier 66.

• 3 weeks later...

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

I have a cruise arriving in Seattle on a Friday morning.  Would an 11am flight be ok to book?  Or should I go for later?

11am is the very commonly discussed earliest recommended flight time. Walk off the ship, catch a cab. You will make it.