Reporting from Riviera

ORV

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm feeling better today, wife is a day or so behind me. 

I forgot to mention one of my pet peeves that I noticed a few times on this cruise. I don't understand why people can't figure out where to dispose of the cloth hand towels in the public restrooms. Can't they read? Do they just not care? Every time I was in one of the restrooms I noticed one or more of these in a trash container.

We were on this cruise and also received the "gift" of that cold, finally getting over it now.

I had the same pet peeve about the hand towels.  People do not read.  Maybe we should be happy that they washed their hands!

If anyone has questions about the Oceania suites I will be happy to answer them.

On 12/8/2019 at 10:23 PM, makai 7 said:

We were on this cruise and also received the "gift" of that cold, finally getting over it now.

I had the same pet peeve about the hand towels.  People do not read.  Maybe we should be happy that they washed their hands!

If anyone has questions about the Oceania suites I will be happy to answer them.

Colds come for the "other end."

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

Yes, but the one in the middle of the counter between the sinks is labeled TRASH and often had towels in it.

Exactly, I also saw towels in the trash container for the tissue to open the door. 

DH is legally blind these days and might well NOT see a sign like that ... but people with normal vision certainly should be able to figure out how to dispose of washcloths as opposed to paper towels!

2 minutes ago, Mura said:

DH is legally blind these days and might well NOT see a sign like that ... but people with normal vision certainly should be able to figure out how to dispose of washcloths as opposed to paper towels!

I've been meaning to ask what his vision is. Before I had LASIK my uncorrected vision was 20/500. I did fine.

Off-topic so I'll keep this brief (for once).  Howard's problem is due to glaucoma, so LASIK wouldn't help.  Unfortunately! 

Glad to hear that LASIK worked well for you.  The NY Times had an article a few months ago about how some have had unfortunate results ... I forget the details but was struck by the reports.

12 hours ago, Mura said:

Off-topic so I'll keep this brief (for once).  Howard's problem is due to glaucoma, so LASIK wouldn't help.  Unfortunately! 

Glad to hear that LASIK worked well for you.  The NY Times had an article a few months ago about how some have had unfortunate results ... I forget the details but was struck by the reports.

Oh, my point is that pre-LASIK I still got along fine on those days that I didn't wear my contacts. "They" said that near-sighted people always look friendly cause they walk around with a little smile in case they don't recognize someone 🙂

One thing I noticed at the pool one afternoon was a man with his own speaker and was playing his own music. In all fairness it was better than what was already playing, but can you imagine 10 different people bringing their Bluetooth speakers out to the pool and all playing them with different music. 

I could hear it clearly from about 50 ft away. No one on the staff said anything to him about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

I could hear it clearly from about 50 ft away. No one on the staff said anything to him about it. 

Ugh. I definitely ask people in airports to use headphones. I hope I'd do the same in that situation, but sometimes I get passive aggressive and just glare....

1 hour ago, ORV said:

One thing I noticed at the pool one afternoon was a man with his own speaker and was playing his own music. In all fairness it was better than what was already playing, but can you imagine 10 different people bringing their Bluetooth speakers out to the pool and all playing them with different music. 

Poor fellow was simply trying to drown out the pesky sound of the wind and the ocean. :classic_wacko:

• Haha 2