Reporting from Riviera

ORV

We are on the next cruise - December 5 and are getting very mixed information about what terminal we are departing from.  Can you check and see what terminal you are arriving at.  Thanks so much!

Thanks also for your updates.  Looking forward to getting out of this snow!!!

6 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

We are on the next cruise - December 5 and are getting very mixed information about what terminal we are departing from.  Can you check and see what terminal you are arriving at.  Thanks so much!

Thanks also for your updates.  Looking forward to getting out of this snow!!!

Are you flying in the same day?

maybe call POM

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/contact-us.asp

4 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

We have called POM and there is a woman there that is saying Terminal J.  I am quite certain that it is still closed for construction.  She is not very helpful but I suppose that she could be correct.  I have more faith in Oceania.  

how are you getting to the port??

I am sure taxi/uber/shuttle will find the ship no matter where she is 😉

Maybe someone  will post if they can see her Thurs  morning from their hotel or someone onboard  can tell what pier they are at

17 minutes ago, aquidneck1 said:

Yes,  agree - we will get there. 😀  It makes a difference as to using the tunnel or not.  We come in the day before so no worries- if someone knows - it would be nice to know before we get to the port.  

maybe check the webcam in the morning Thurs  so see if she is  at TermJ

https://www.portmiamiwebcam.com/

I'm very excited about the decorations - weird, I know! (when we did a river cruise to European Christmas markets, I bought a small wreath and attached it to our mirror with a suction hook - we had a very festive smelling cabin!) That cruise also had 11 fireplace/Yule Log channels on the in-cabin tv screen. Eleven!! We really enjoyed getting ready for dinner with the yule log & fir scent and christmas carols (from our laptop though possibly available on the tv as well 😉) It might be weird to try to recreate that on a Caribbean cruise, but it still will be Christmas....

[In my original decorations post, I *was* referring to your comment about Oceania putting up ship's decorations! I hadn't planned on bringing any of our own ;-)] We do travel with led tea light candles, but that's so we can have a nightlight in the bathroom 😉

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

[In my original decorations post, I *was* referring to your comment about Oceania putting up ship's decorations! I hadn't planned on bringing any of our own ;-)] We do travel with led tea light candles, but that's so we can have a nightlight in the bathroom 😉

Thanks for reminding me..we leave Saturday and forgot a night lite..

Jancruz1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Yes, typically nothing is allowed to be "strung up" on a balcony (I mean, usually that means bathing suits or towels, but still...) Floral arrangements in a cabin are usually ok 😉

Hmm. Just had a thought. Would it be alright to have a string of little lights on the inside of the veranda doors Not 24/7.

35 minutes ago, clo said:

Hmm. Just had a thought. Would it be alright to have a string of little lights on the inside of the veranda doors Not 24/7.

Only when you are in the cabin (and awake) - if at all.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

One thing I haven't mentioned is that there was a nasty cough/sore throat/runny nose bug being passed around the ship. Dottie was coming down with it the last couple of days. Lisa the Social Hostess had it and was out for 2 or 3 days with laryngitis, lots of coughing and tissues being used. 

Unfortunately my wife and I both brought it home with us. It's hard to shake. I usually don't pick up colds, maybe I'm getting old. 

First day back and had an appointment with an insurance adjuster, need a new roof, big deductible, no cruises for a while I guess. 

39 minutes ago, ORV said:

Unfortunately my wife and I both brought it home with us. It's hard to shake. I usually don't pick up colds, maybe I'm getting old. 

ORV - get well soon.

Hope it’s not one of those that linger for ever - unfortunately, I have first hand experiences with those.

PS it would be nice if you were getting young instead of old 😀

15 hours ago, Paulchili said:

ORV - get well soon.

Hope it’s not one of those that linger for ever - unfortunately, I have first hand experiences with those.

PS it would be nice if you were getting young instead of old 😀

Good way to say it.   Do you have a secret trick to getting younger?   I would buy it in a second.  Feel better and younger. 

• Like 1