Legend Dry Dock in 2021?

LJN22

22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

There were delays.   Nobody wanted to do a drydock and have them sit.  This will be before a med season (at least to date)

Everybody wants dry docks now. Why take a ship out of service later when they are already out of service now. Carnival has billions in loan guarantees for new builds and renovations. The hardest part is finding dry dock space.

20 hours ago, RozWazowski said:

What are they doing during drydock? Has that been shared yet?

I don't believe info on the updates has been published yet. Per CCL webpage it is still on schedule for drydock from 4/10/21 to 5/16/21.  We sailed on the Legend once and can't wait to see the updates! 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:19 AM, Suncoastsailors said:

We are on the Legend out of Tampa in Jan. 2021. With the Tampa Port Director stating that he expects only limited cruises to start in April 2021 it seems likely that the May 17th cruise will be the first sailing of Legend post pandemic. 

We are supposed to cruise out of Tampa in January, 2021 as well.  I keep expecting an email that says it isn't going to happen.  

We are on the Legend out of Tampa in Jan. 2021. With the Tampa Port Director stating that he expects only limited cruises to start in April 2021 it seems likely that the May 17th cruise will be the first sailing of Legend post pandemic. 

We are supposed to cruise out of Tampa in January, 2021 as well.  I keep expecting an email that says it isn't going to happen.  

On 10/19/2020 at 10:21 AM, tytanbri said:

We are scheduled on the Legend out of Baltimore in March 2022. It would be really nice to have the Seafood Shack added during dry dock! 

We were on the Legend last summer(2019) for an Alaskan cruise. I can confirm that the Seafood Shack is on the Legend(expect its called Seafood Corner but essentially the same thing). It was added during the last dry dock that was done in Oregon. I got the impression when I was on board that because that dry dock(in 2018 I think) was done in the US, it was a minimal drydock(due to cost) so it make since that this Dry Dock will be more extensive.   

We are also scheduled to be on her again in July 2021 for the 12-day Baltic Sea cruise from Dover England. I'm Really looking forward to it since its the fist time Carnival has done this itinerary in 20-30 years.  

6 hours ago, wo5m said:

We were on the Legend last summer(2019) for an Alaskan cruise. I can confirm that the Seafood Shack is on the Legend(expect its called Seafood Corner but essentially the same thing). It was added during the last dry dock that was done in Oregon. I got the impression when I was on board that because that dry dock(in 2018 I think) was done in the US, it was a minimal drydock(due to cost) so it make since that this Dry Dock will be more extensive.   

We are also scheduled to be on her again in July 2021 for the 12-day Baltic Sea cruise from Dover England. I'm Really looking forward to it since its the fist time Carnival has done this itinerary in 20-30 years.  

Thank you! Thats great to know!

On 10/23/2020 at 3:19 PM, wo5m said:

Not quite 20-30 years.  Sailed the Baltic on the Legend in August 2013 out of Dover.  Same itinerary as the July 2021 you are booked on except we went to Copenhagen instead of Gothenburg.  One of our best cruises ever.  Hope it will be for you too.

My DH and I are also booked on the Legend for July 2021.  The 12 day Iceland(July 4) and the 9 day Norway(July 16).  Hopefully, all these cruises will be a go and we will be getting off the ship as you get on it on July 25 for the Baltic.

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't the Legend the ship that had this odd "undersea" passageway on one of the mid-decks?  One thing I liked about the Legend was how much community space it had. I sailed before the last dry-dock and have now booked for 2021 in Europe. I was glad to see they had added Guy's since the last cruise. I also remember they had an indoor pool (it was Alaska so maybe a retractable roof?). 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Suncoastsailors said:

We are also booked on the Legend January 2021 (booked it a very long time ago when our November 2020 TA from Barcelona to Tampa was cancelled) but fully expect it to be cancelled due to Port of Tampa's reports, waiting for cancellation, then the search begins again.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, Suncoastsailors said:

Suncoastsailors, have you cruised MSC Divina? Wondering if we were on ship with you.

13 hours ago, cellfree said:

We are also booked on the Legend January 2021 (booked it a very long time ago when our November 2020 TA from Barcelona to Tampa was cancelled) but fully expect it to be cancelled due to Port of Tampa's reports, waiting for cancellation, then the search begins again.

What was reported at Port of Tampa?  Thx!