Oosterdam Upsell

jhubba

I have been offered an upsell from a category G OV to a category VA balcony on our December 7th sailing on the Oosterdam for $90 per person.  This sounds like a good price for the upgrade, but I wanted to see what the HAL community thought.  Let me know your thoughts.  I appreciate all of the advice in advance.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

20 minutes ago, catl331 said:

The price sounds OK, but for me the problem would be that most of the VA are on deck 5 right over the lifeboats, and have a small balcony.  If I could get one of the VA on deck 4 or 6 I would do it.

You can always ask what cabins they are offering before you accept the upsell.  HAL upsell dept. is very good about this I have found.

Thanks for the pic Miss G.  That balcony does look small as we are used to the Carnival balconies.  I still think that I would take a balcony vs no balcony.  Anyway, my wife gets seasick easily a we need to be midships on a lower deck so this cabin looks like it will fit the bill.  I am going to take the upsell and enjoy cruising on HAL for the first time.  Thanks everyone for the information.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jhubba said:

Thanks for the pic Miss G.  That balcony does look small as we are used to the Carnival balconies. 

Check out the other balconies as you travel in the glass elevators.  They get much nicer, depending what you purchase!

On 11/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, jhubba said:

The cabin is on deck 5, VA5103 to be exact.  Got a great price on the OV cabin with the American Express $300 cash back so the extra $180 for the balcony works out to about $80 per day per person.

YAY - Well done 🙂 

Have a great cruise 😄