Shareholder perks

Traderboy

57 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

I understand you need 100 shares in RCL.

These would cost about 10000$ .

Is that right?

Hardly a perk worth chasing unless you cruise with this line a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your primary consideration should be whether purchasing the shares is a sound investment.  For example, shares are paying 2.57% right now.  I have not been approved for shareholder OBC for many years as then promotions I book under are NOT combinable. The company has said the approval policy has changed and that is hopeful.

Don't buy shares in anticipation of OBC.  Evaluate the  quality of  the investment first.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, keesar said:

Your primary consideration should be whether purchasing the shares is a sound investment.  

Don't buy shares in anticipation of OBC.  Evaluate the  quality of  the investment first.

Agree 100 %!!!!

Buy shares as an investment or not at all. 

2011 I was lucky enough to buy way more than the 100 shares. As of today my profit is close to 500%.
Would I buy more shares at the current level? Probably not... But then again, that´s what we thought 2011 already :-)

Edited by Miaminice

One other thing to think about. The shareholder benefit can NOT be combined with other offers. So if X (or RCL or Azamara) are having a sale that includes extra OBC or a free perk, you have to choose between the perk or the $100 shareholder benefit. 

We had the stock for a long while. We bought it when it was around $6 a share. Yup, $6. Sold it at well over $110. Paid for a 14 night cruise. We sold the shares because we hadn't been able to take the benefit on our previous 10 cruises. 

Jim

11 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

One other thing to think about. The shareholder benefit can NOT be combined with other offers. 

There has been a change of policy which applies to bookings made after June 1, 2019 and it is more flexible / combinable now. 

I have to agree with others.   The purchase of shares should not be based on desire of a small OBC the decision should be on meeting your investment strategy.

Saying that about 20 years ago I purchased 200 shares of RCL to get the benefit.    At the time the shares were running about $12 per share.     Obviously a good ROI.    Back when I purchased the shares there weren't all these rules that you couldn't get the OBC if . . . .    The regulations are so stiff now I have only gotten one OBC out of the past 10 cruises.

1 hour ago, DrKoob said:

One other thing to think about. The shareholder benefit can NOT be combined with other offers. So if X (or RCL or Azamara) are having a sale that includes extra OBC or a free perk, you have to choose between the perk or the $100 shareholder benefit. 

We had the stock for a long while. We bought it when it was around $6 a share. Yup, $6. Sold it at well over $110. Paid for a 14 night cruise. We sold the shares because we hadn't been able to take the benefit on our previous 10 cruises. 

Jim

The shareholder policy has changed.  It is now combinable again.

We bought a bunch of shares in 2009 as well right after we got off the Jewel.  I remember it was all doom and gloom at the top tier event about share prices.  All the talk was about how RCI would survive the depression and that the company is still strong.  People on board convinced us to buy for the OBC alone as we’d get our money back in no time with it being 5-6 dollars a share back then.  We got off the boat and immediately bought a bunch.  It took off and we sold half at $28 a share and thought we did well....

Wish we hadn’t now,  but we still have half the shares we bought back then.   Wish we hadn’t sold the other half but thought selling out at nearly 500% initial investment was pretty good.  Hindsight is always 20/20.

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

There has been a change of policy which applies to bookings made after June 1, 2019 and it is more flexible / combinable now. 

Can you please let us know where it says this  I have searched their site and cannot find anything about this.  Thanks

The new rules are in effect for bookings made June 1, 2019 or later which allow combining, actually there are restrictions on certain fare codes like interline, friends & family, but nothing about other perks.

I've been consistently denied on bookings made before 6/1 and consistently successful on bookings made after.  On the ones made after I had 2 perks and refundable and non-refundable fares.

Here is the info from the investor relations site https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/.

There is no mention of bookings made before June 1, 2019 but they have been consistently using the old rules for those.

19 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The new rules are in effect for bookings made June 1, 2019 or later which allow combining, actually there are restrictions on certain fare codes like interline, friends & family, but nothing about other perks.

I've been consistently denied on bookings made before 6/1 and consistently successful on bookings made after.  On the ones made after I had 2 perks and refundable and non-refundable fares.

Here is the info from the investor relations site https://www.rclinvestor.com/faqs/shareholder-benefit/.

There is no mention of bookings made before June 1, 2019 but they have been consistently using the old rules for those.

This is GREAT !!!   Thanks so very much 

12 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Can you please let us know where it says this  I have searched their site and cannot find anything about this.  Thanks

Meanwhile others have already posted the information. Like they said, it´s in the fineprint... there are still limitations, but not as before.

I've gotten the shareholder benefit for our Celebrity cruise leaving on Dec. 1 and for our Azamara cruise leaving April 5.  I have large amounts of OBC and other perks on both cruises.  

My suggestion is that people apply and see what happens.  Obviously the policy has changed because we weren't getting shareholder credit on either brand in many years.  

23 hours ago, tgg said:

I've gotten the shareholder benefit for our Celebrity cruise leaving on Dec. 1 and for our Azamara cruise leaving April 5.  I have large amounts of OBC and other perks on both cruises.  

My suggestion is that people apply and see what happens.  Obviously the policy has changed because we weren't getting shareholder credit on either brand in many years.  

I agree.  We booked B2B cruises on the Edge for Feb. 2020 during the amazing Veterans Day sale (all four perks) and applied for the shareholders credit was was given it on both legs.  So glad they loosened the restrictions and given us loyal shareholders the benefit again.