Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

After breakfast, I scouted the OL for nappers and bare feet on the furniture... I found a few sleepers, but there were people nearby, so I didn't photograph them. I did, however get a few covert shots of bare feet up on the new furniture...

IMG_20191202_072816.thumb.jpg.5d27ed7ddde893001cc0d4ebf9a0f748.jpg

IMG_20191202_072914.thumb.jpg.77546aefa912a9a493001275b9f63e0c.jpg

IMG_20191202_073008.thumb.jpg.b04747968c0aba8e1ae7b44883c1994e.jpg

Of course, there are very few people here this early, but I suspect this will reach critical mass by 11:00 am...

• Like 1

Ha ha.  I remember it was your undercover reporting from the Bliss about the droolers and bare feet people on the new furniture. I see some things never change  🙈
You are up early.  Enjoy your day, I am off to work.

P.S. When you are done with your breakfast, can you kindly request these people remove their toe jams off the furniture.  I will be on Encore in a few months 😖

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 2

Sign on the Megatron on the pool deck says "please refrain from reserving lounge chairs. Any items left on chairs for more than 15 minutes will be removed and stored in our public accessible storage located next to the towel exchange desk"

I've been standing here for more than fifteen minutes, and I don't see anyone monitoring anything... It's just chair hogging as usual...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, sid_9169 said:

Sign on the Megatron on the pool deck says "please refrain from reserving lounge chairs. Any items left on chairs for more than 15 minutes will be removed and stored in our public accessible storage located next to the towel exchange desk"

I've been standing here for more than fifteen minutes, and I don't see anyone monitoring anything... It's just chair hogging as usual...

While I don't condone chair hogging, 15 minutes is just ridiculous.

I don't believe I've ever been on a cruise where I haven't sat in a whirlpool, obviously away from my lounger, for more than 15 minutes. Or I've gone to one of the pool bars, ordered a drink and chatted up the bartender or one of the other guests for 15 minutes or more.

Is NCL telling me I can't ever leave my chair?

And obviously I know that there is very rarely anyone actually monitoring. I'm just commenting on the 15 minute rule you're seeing. And it was definitely at least 30 minutes on the Escape 18 months ago.

Anyway, have a great week and thanks for the review. I'm sailing Encore in 48 days!

• Like 4

I have a theory about the barefoot folks because this is what my first instinct in the observation lounge would be....I wonder if they think they are being polite taking off their shoes! After all, one of the rules I was raised with was no shoes on furniture so maybe they are just following that rule. Obviously you then need to go a step further and think to yourself that this isn’t your living room and others have to share your sweaty, smelly foot patch BUT maybe they just stop at the “no shoes on the couch “ piece..,,,,,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

15 minutes is ridiculous even though no one will be patrolling.  We just got off the Escape on Saturday and it said 60 minutes and there were definitely chairs left unattended for longer than that.

• Like 1