My 1st Live Review Harmony Dec. 1 - 8

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:54 AM, island lady said:

So happy to hear your girls are doing better!  Hope they stay on the mend.  Now you can relax and enjoy more of your cruise  🙂 

So cool about same cabin again, it was beautiful!  And yes, agree...the CLS cabins are sooo convenient!  We really like the GS cabins, with that big bathroom and one level.  Nice to have so many options!  😉  When are you sailing Allure?  We are on for four weeks starting October 18th 2020.  

You will love the CLS!  Our favorite cabin.  We have his and her bathrooms and the suite is huge.  Plenty of storage.  So much better then a GS IMO  You will be near the Suite Lounge and restaurant- a beautiful view!  We will be on the Harmony in a month in a CLS.  Then next year on the Oasis CLS.  So hard to go back to a regular cabin or a small suite after the CLS.

Enjoy your cruise

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

You will love the CLS!  Our favorite cabin.  We have his and her bathrooms and the suite is huge.  Plenty of storage.  So much better then a GS IMO  You will be near the Suite Lounge and restaurant- a beautiful view!  We will be on the Harmony in a month in a CLS.  Then next year on the Oasis CLS.  So hard to go back to a regular cabin or a small suite after the CLS.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks.  They are nice indeed, but for us...we still prefer the GS and are in one again on Sunday.  We like the one single level, and the larger bathroom.  Have friends that love the CLS and have us in often.  Love the location.  🙂 

7 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We’ve been using the elevators more than usual because of my foot issue. They sometimes get very crowded.

Is your 5 yr old having a good time?

She loves going on the carousel.  And we've taken her to Aquanauts 3 of the 4 days for different sessions and she seems to have really enjoyed those.

When we are in St. Maarten we love to buy gifts at The Belgium Chocolate Shop. Sadly, the little shop right at the port and the one downtown have closed. I saw a sign for the shop over a little shop that had spices, teas and such. The shopkeeper has a small section of the Belgium chocolates in a refrigerated case. She told us the original chocolatier sold her shop and is now living in Germany. The new owners make the chocolates on the French side of the island. She is selling them at the port to see how well they sell for her. We nearly bought her out. I Hope it is a successful venture for her.  Of course once we buy our chocolates we race back to the ship so they don’t melt!

4DE78F64-89E0-4870-AF5B-1CC974FAF2F7.thumb.jpeg.58bdd196cce1528f73140c32e5901e9c.jpeg

We got a great tip from another couple, Ed and Debbie from Fredericksburg, Va. They ask their suite attendant and SL servers what snacks they like. Then they buy those snacks when I port. We did this and it was so nice to see faces light up when we handed them a bag of peanuts or some snickers bars. I always want to do something extra for the people who make my vacation special. We tip well because we know that’s most important. But this is more personal and yet not bits of clutter that the staff probably doesn’t have room for or even want. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We got a great tip from another couple, Ed and Debbie from Fredericksburg, Va. They ask their suite attendant and SL servers what snacks they like. Then they buy those snacks when I port. We did this and it was so nice to see faces light up when we handed them a bag of peanuts or some snickers bars. I always want to do something extra for the people who make my vacation special. We tip well because we know that’s most important. But this is more personal and yet not bits of clutter that the staff probably doesn’t have room for or even want. 

Cute idea!  We travel with a bag of Dove Dark chocolates.  Bucky likes to hand them to servers and cabin attendant.  On our annual December cruises, we take those plus fruit flavor candy canes that we hang on the door in a little stocking, telling all the cabin attendants (and their supervisors) to help themselves all week.  And they do!  😉  Agree of course, generous tips on top of the prepaid tips are appreciated also.  🙂 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:58 AM, MalteseMama2 said:

That's a great idea.  Did they tell you where to go to get their favorites thoughs, like a map/directions?

Welcome back everyone!  I see your ship sitting pretty in the sunrise on the web cam.  I am coming over to take your place in a couple of hours.  Hope everyone had a wonderful cruise, and thanks for taking us along!  🙂 

Edited by island lady

On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, red-dragon said:

That's a great idea.  Did they tell you where to go to get their favorites thoughs, like a map/directions?

We just asked what they liked while talking to them about themselves. They were very surprised to get the goodies! The couple who gave us the idea knew where there were grocery stores where we stopped. 
in March we are going to islands we’ve never visited. Since most of the staff liked unsalted peanuts we are going to bring some with us. A lot also commented on our powdered flavored creamer so we are going to bring some of that as well.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:08 AM, island lady said:

Welcome back everyone!  I see your ship sitting pretty in the sunrise on the web cam.  I am coming over to take your place in a couple of hours.  Hope everyone had a wonderful cruise, and thanks for taking us along!  🙂 

Have a great time!

We are now safely home and wondering if we are happy or sad that VT is facing Kentucky in the Belk Bowl. 🤔

For disembarkation we met in the Suite Lounge. We left there at 8:19 and by 8:50 we were completely out of the port and on the road to the airport! 
I’ve got so much more to share but right now I have to put away clothes and go pick up our girls from the vet. 

38 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We are now safely home and wondering if we are happy or sad that VT is facing Kentucky in the Belk Bowl. 🤔

For disembarkation we met in the Suite Lounge. We left there at 8:19 and by 8:50 we were completely out of the port and on the road to the airport! 
I’ve got so much more to share but right now I have to put away clothes and go pick up our girls from the vet. 

Welcome back home!  🙂 

Hope your girls are doing better, and keep on the mend!  

Having a great time here on Harmony, and actually really liked the new set up in CK.  Had a wonderful dinner last night and good breakfast this morning.  Really enjoyed the ice show last night, going to see Fine Line tonight. Docked up in Coco Cay (Disney World of the Sea) which gave me time to visit Next Cruise while it was not busy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Having a great time here on Harmony, and actually really liked the new set up in CK.  Had a wonderful dinner last night and good breakfast this morning.  Really enjoyed the ice show last night, going to see Fine Line tonight. Docked up in Coco Cay (Disney World of the Sea) which gave me time to visit Next Cruise while it was not busy.  

Are you going to do your own thread?  I'd be interested.... 🙂

4 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

Are you going to do your own thread?  I'd be interested.... 🙂

I thought about it...and had done a lengthy live review on Oasis a few years ago, but I still don't know how to post pictures while on board.  My review would be very boring.  Snore.....  😉 

Still docked up at Coco Cay right now, has been a beautiful sunny weather day.  Lots of "lobsters" coming back on board.  😉  

5 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We just asked what they liked while talking to them about themselves. They were very surprised to get the goodies! The couple who gave us the idea knew where there were grocery stores where we stopped. 
in March we are going to islands we’ve never visited. Since most of the staff liked unsalted peanuts we are going to bring some with us. A lot also commented on our powdered flavored creamer so we are going to bring some of that as well.

That's so sweet, thanks!

I enjoyed the most recent trip on the Harmony.    Other then the Long LONG LONG waits and overcrowded elevators the cruise was a blast.    I could have done without the San Juan stop though. I found that boring and not much to do there.   CocoCay was great, I would have loved 2 days there.

10 hours ago, Howie411 said:

I enjoyed the most recent trip on the Harmony.    Other then the Long LONG LONG waits and overcrowded elevators the cruise was a blast.    I could have done without the San Juan stop though. I found that boring and not much to do there.   CocoCay was great, I would have loved 2 days there.

Thanks for your positive comments on Harmony.  We're very much looking forward to our upcoming sailing.... with the exception of the elevator situation.  

14 minutes ago, Ren1216 said:

Thanks for your positive comments on Harmony.  We're very much looking forward to our upcoming sailing.... with the exception of the elevator situation.  

Currently on Harmony.  Yes, aft elevators (when you need them) are a nightmare.  Forward elevators, no problem.  Easier to just walk decks forward then walk back.  We take the stairs when we can, or walk back from forward.  Early in the morning, or during dinner time...no problem.  

Sad though when so many able bodied young people are on the elevators to go a few floors, and pax with walkers or wheelchairs that have no choice...have to wait multiple times to be able to get on one.  

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sad though when so many able bodied young people are on the elevators to go a few floors, and pax with walkers or wheelchairs that have no choice...have to wait multiple times to be able to get on one.  

Well, fortunately they don't make you wear your handicapped placard around your neck. :classic_biggrin: I had two kids say rather loudly on the elevator, "She took the elevator for 1 floor!" :classic_huh:

• Like 1