My 1st Live Review Harmony Dec. 1 - 8

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Currently on Harmony.  Yes, aft elevators (when you need them) are a nightmare.  Forward elevators, no problem.  Easier to just walk decks forward then walk back.  We take the stairs when we can, or walk back from forward.  Early in the morning, or during dinner time...no problem.  

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, we have 2 in wheelchairs on this trip.  Fortunately, our cabins are near the forward elevators.

• Like 1

Our cruise, including travel to & from VA, was wonderful. Unfortunately, when we picked our dogs up it was obvious that Ruza was in very bad health. Yesterday we took her to the vet thinking we needed to let her go. Thankfully the vet suggested 1 more treatment so she’s there getting meds and fluids through an IV. If this works she will have good quality of life a little longer. If not, we will say goodbye to one of the best dogs I’ve ever had. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. 

That said, I want to give my thoughts on Coco Cay. We didn’t purchase any of the excursions or extras offered. Since it was our first time here with the improvements we just wanted to explore. The water park slides looked awesome. We will consider the balloon ride in the future and I am interested in swimming with the pigs. We thought the zip line was pricey considering the length and views. 
I wanted to find a lounge chair on the beach and we eventually settled on Chill Island, past the Chill Grill, near the Wacky Seagull Jr Bar. At first, I wasn’t completely happy - so many chairs crowded together and we couldn’t get a chair on the first row of the beach. But we were on the 2nd row and as I watched the waves, the children playing and listened to an audiobook, I was very relaxed. 
We stayed until lunch time. I had brought a couple bananas to snack on and wasn’t hungry but John had been looking forward to trying the lunch. So off he went while I continued to enjoy the beach. He had a Cuban and fries. He said they were delicious. 

Our only problem with Coco Cay was that we were there the last day of the cruise. We like to be 95% packed before heading to the SL or dinner on the last day and that’s easier to do on a sea day. Not a big deal, just our preference. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, island lady said:

Currently on Harmony.  Yes, aft elevators (when you need them) are a nightmare.  Forward elevators, no problem.  Easier to just walk decks forward then walk back.  We take the stairs when we can, or walk back from forward.  Early in the morning, or during dinner time...no problem.  

Sad though when so many able bodied young people are on the elevators to go a few floors, and pax with walkers or wheelchairs that have no choice...have to wait multiple times to be able to get on one.  

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well, fortunately they don't make you wear your handicapped placard around your neck. :classic_biggrin: I had two kids say rather loudly on the elevator, "She took the elevator for 1 floor!" :classic_huh:

We’ve almost always used the stairs on past cruises. This time I could walk down but going up was just too painful. I am glad that my situation is temporary because my clothes were a bit tight at the end of this sailing. 😉

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We’ve almost always used the stairs on past cruises. This time I could walk down but going up was just too painful. I am glad that my situation is temporary because my clothes were a bit tight at the end of this sailing. 😉

It never ceases to amaze me that able bodied people including teens use elevator for a floor or two- perhaps this helps to contribute to obesity.  Not enough exercise-  We are Senior citizens and walk up and down a few flights.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

It never ceases to amaze me that able bodied people including teens use elevator for a floor or two- perhaps this helps to contribute to obesity.  Not enough exercise-  We are Senior citizens and walk up and down a few flights.

Totally agree. We are in our 70s and do the same. Wife has a problem with up so that is usually only one. Down can be as many as 4 or 5.

If the video works you will see the 2 door entrance to our AT Suite. We didn’t like it. The first morning I almost locked myself out of the suite when I went to let room service in. Luckily I realized that I needed to hang on to the 2nd door while opening the 1st and caught it just before it latched! 

We had an aft balcony on the 8th floor and used the elevators there frequently.  I felt the wait time was not long.  Maybe it was the times we were using them.  My husband has congestive heart failure, so he can't go up even one flight of stairs without trouble getting his breath.  Also, we had to solve two issues at guest services and got great treatment from the staff.  We had bought the galley brunch tour and found the tour had too many people.  It was hard to hear the head waiter, and my husband wasn't too pleased with the lunch.  We were told there would be prime rib which definitely wasn't there.  Anyway, guest services gave us our money back saying our complaints were legitimate.  All this to say, if you are disappointed about something, give guest services a try.  You may not get any refunds, but it is worth a try.

When we first got on board John insisted we go to Next Cruise to sign up for an appointment. We got one of the 9AM slots for the next day. This proved to be a wise move. Due to my research we already knew which cruises we were interested in. Because it was cyber Monday we got fantastic deals. We booked our 1st B2B!! It will be in Nov 2021 on Oasis. After Oasis repositions from one of the northern ports (Elizabeth?) she has a 4 day cruise just to Labadee and back. We booked that plus the next week. Perfect for us because John can’t really afford the time of a 2 week B2B and I’m anxious to experience a B2B. We booked a GS for this. 
We also booked a CLS on Oasis for March 2022. We now have 6 upcoming cruises booked. A big deal for us!

We asked that other future cruises be checked on and found out one had dropped in price. We emailed our travel agent and she was able to get this new price for us. Usually we find that prices have gone up since we booked but it never hurts to ask. 

I am currently on the Harmony of the Seas on my balcony in Cozumel. I enjoyed reading your review.

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. You are in my thoughts.

Edited by Vibe
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We lost our precious Ruza yesterday morning. 

Oh no...I am so sorry to hear that.   It is so hard to lose our fur babies.  Sending out a hug to you.  We lost our Katie in May...I am still crying at times.  

They do leave paw prints on our hearts, and never really leave us.  They give so much and ask for so little, just wish we could have them longer.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vibe said:

I am currently on the Harmony of the Seas on my balcony in Cozumel. I enjoyed reading your review.

So sorry for the loss of your fur baby. You are in my thoughts.

I am in my cabin, waiting for Bucky to get out of the shower for my turn.  Lobster night!  😉 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who expressed sympathy about our Ruza. 

Thanks to @Sea Dog I made sure to have a Lava Flow with Kraken Rum! Loved it! I especially loved having it delivered to me in the SL. The first picture is of my VDH (very dear husband) at the pool bar getting the drink, taken from the SL. 88A8C0FF-D52C-4ABA-B86E-592322D91755.thumb.jpeg.ee9edc9a412943fe0a40df858c7b6543.jpeg246260CA-0DA7-4DB5-9C2F-EA82A630C9EF.thumb.jpeg.f0d8e6a1bb9a5120a77353572df14bc0.jpeg