Use Onboard Credit towards future cruise

Mrdell

We just booked a Celebrity cruise and part of the promotion from our travel agent was a $500.00 OBC. Would anyone know if any or all of that OBC can be used as a deposit to book a future cruise while on board.

If the OBC from your TA is refundable OBC then you can book the cruise while you are onboard using your credit card.  At the end of the cruise, if you haven’t used the refundable OBC it will be refunded to your credit card, offsetting the deposit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If the OBC from your TA is refundable OBC then you can book the cruise while you are onboard using your credit card.  At the end of the cruise, if you haven’t used the refundable OBC it will be refunded to your credit card, offsetting the deposit. 

Unfortunately it is non refundable.. oh well.. I am sure we will find something to spend it on 🙂🙂 .. we have three perks also so maybe a few shore excursions or some shopping on board... Thanks so much for your replies and help!!

48 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That seems strange.  Most OBC's from TA's are refundable.  The non refundable ones are usually the ones from the Cruise line itself.  We have never received an OBC from our TA that was not refundable.   Just our experience....

Wow... thanks for mentioning this... I may have misunderstood her when going over the booking... I will definitely touch base with her and get it all straightened out... thanks again!!

5 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Someone mentioned once that they received OBC from cru con and it was non-refundable.  I thought that was strange, but the person I heard it from was very credible.  Always pays to check.  🍷

This may be part of the misunderstanding that occurs when a travel agent claims:  If you book with us,  you will get A, B and C,  failing to mention that you will get A and B regardless of whether or not you book with them, and they are really only giving you C.

Several times we have encountered travel agents who imply that they are "giving" us something that we knew was actually coming from the cruise line.

But someone who only looks at the offer from the travel agent without bothering to find out what the cruise line itself is offering  would not know the difference, unless the travel agent pointed it out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Someone mentioned once that they received OBC from cru con and it was non-refundable.  I thought that was strange, but the person I heard it from was very credible.  Always pays to check.  🍷

We have booked with this TA and there have been times when part of the TA provided OBC took the form of an extra Celebrity perk ($300) by moving us to the best promotion. In this instance the TA provided $300 OBC was not refundable, but the loyalty and special booking part of our OBC from the TA was refundable. 

Edited by kathynorth

17 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That seems strange.  Most OBC's from TA's are refundable.  The non refundable ones are usually the ones from the Cruise line itself.  We have never received an OBC from our TA that was not refundable.   Just our experience....

Our last two cruises, with two different TAs, had non-refundable OBC.  Our next two cruises, one has refundable, and one non-refundable, from the same TA.