Unlimited Digital Photo Package- questions???

mdpa

Hi Everyone,

I would like your advice. We are a family of 3 on a 14-day SE Asia cruise in January. I've got a nice camera and do photography as a hobby so wasn't going to pay for a photo package. That said, it appears to be a decent deal. Not sure if this is a sale or a normal price but it indicates it reflects a 20% discount versus buying onboard.

OK, here is the confusion....

- First there are (2) different packages with the exact same name, same disclaimers, etc (unless I am missing something???). One is $100 and the other is $200.

- Second both packages say only (1) per cabin, but still ask me to select passengers...confusing???

Depending on how I order, this costs $100, all the way up to $600, for what I believe is the same thing!

I decided to order the $100 package and selected my wife as the passenger. Total Cost $100 for a 14-day cruise. Seems like a good deal if this is accurate and can be assured that we will all be included in most photos. Did I miss something?

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.48.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Sounds like a good deal!

On the EDGE, I think we paid $200 for 12 digital photos and  an extra $50 for  12    8 x 10 prints .  They look great!

The photos were downloaded to my tablet  on board,  BUT WE HAVE NOT received e mail with the digital prints yet ..I can't find the thread with the contact e mail..If anyone has it, please post here,.thanks

Edited by hcat

You only need one package- so just list the occupant who is first on the reservation.  All three will be able to get pictures taken either together or individually if in the same cabin.  Since you limited yourselves to 12 pictures, I don't know how that works-

With the unlimited package, other people may be included in your picture as long as the picture is taken and includes one or more passengers in the booked cabin.  We paid $100 for all (unlimited) digital prints!  The best deal!  We took hundreds of pictures- but didn't want the hard copies and they would take up too much space and weight in luggage.  Consider this option in the future. A real bargain!    If you are having a problem, call Celebrity's main number and they will direct you.

I can't tell if you are referring to me, but I did order the unlimited package for $100.

I selected my wife on the order so glad to hear it counts for the whole cabin individually or together. It will allow my 14 year old daughter to get more pictures since she is in the selfie stage. 😉

We brought two grandchildren with us once on a Royal Cruise and took the unlimited package-  I thought they would give us a hard time with taking pictures- but to the contrary- they were running around the ship taking pictures whenever a photographer was around!  On that cruise we had over 300 pictures!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

You only need one package- so just list the occupant who is first on the reservation.  All three will be able to get pictures taken either together or individually if in the same cabin.  Since you limited yourselves to 12 pictures, I don't know how that works-

With the unlimited package, other people may be included in your picture as long as the picture is taken and includes one or more passengers in the booked cabin.  We paid $100 for all (unlimited) digital prints!  The best deal!  We took hundreds of pictures- but didn't want the hard copies and they would take up too much space and weight in luggage.  Consider this option in the future. A real bargain!    If you are having a problem, call Celebrity's main number and they will direct you.

Thanks..

If I can't find the thread about e mail deliv of the photos, we will call the main #.  I have the downloads on the tablet but if they e mail it as promised, they,d be  on our main computer.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

So, how do they know it is you? 

7 minutes ago, finny2 said:

If it is a staged photo op, they will swipe your sea pass card.  If not, just take a walk past the photo area each day and pick out any photos that you are in.  Take them to the desk and they will make sure that they are added to your file.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finny2 said:

Sometimes they (photographer)  ask for your stateroom #, and other times it is facial recognition.  You can see the hard copies also.   And view on a screen in the photography studio.  On occasion, the facial recognition identifies the incorrect party, so the photo studio removes from your folio.  Very good easy system. Amazing how accurate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mdpa said:

OK, I figured things out. One of the options was 50% off!

New signage appeared this morning.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 5.23.31 AM.png

Thanks for the post.  My cruise shows $130 but mine is a ways out.  Anyways on the Edge I believe I payed $250 so that is a good deal.  It is worth it.  Especially if you have family or a bunch of sea days.

Edited by NMTraveller

On 12/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, Cruise a holic said:

On 12/4/2019 at 9:47 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I can select one passenger in cabin for $100 or 2 passengers for $200. So if I’m understanding correctly I only need to select one passenger for $100 and will have the same result? Meaning we will both be in the pictures or will one get shoved aside or cropped out? Lol  I guess there would be instances where each passenger would want their own pictures but not typically for couples or families.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:47 AM, mdpa said:

I can't tell if you are referring to me, but I did order the unlimited package for $100.

I selected my wife on the order so glad to hear it counts for the whole cabin individually or together. It will allow my 14 year old daughter to get more pictures since she is in the selfie stage. 😉

We do this regularly  - although until this year the unlimited package included hard copy as well.  I am glad not to be dealing with 300+ photos going forward.  I think DD was 15 or 16 the first time we got it and it was the best entertainment for her.  She visited every photo station every night - and sometimes changed clothes and went back again.  The photographers were so nice to her.  She's now 21 and we still do it.  One year she made a friend and they had loads of photos taken together which then meant friend and her family got included even when DD was not in the picture so if you have your photos taken together often enough the recognition software just picks them out.  Last cruise when we were without her (and without a photo package - I hate being in photos!) a couple of the photographers recognized us from earlier in the year when she had been there and asked after her.  Your daughter will have a ball!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

We do this regularly  - although until this year the unlimited package included hard copy as well.  I am glad not to be dealing with 300+ photos going forward.  I think DD was 15 or 16 the first time we got it and it was the best entertainment for her.  She visited every photo station every night - and sometimes changed clothes and went back again.  The photographers were so nice to her.  She's now 21 and we still do it.  One year she made a friend and they had loads of photos taken together which then meant friend and her family got included even when DD was not in the picture so if you have your photos taken together often enough the recognition software just picks them out.  Last cruise when we were without her (and without a photo package - I hate being in photos!) a couple of the photographers recognized us from earlier in the year when she had been there and asked after her.  Your daughter will have a ball!

All I know is that it is very evil of Celebrity to put irresistible pictures of our kids on the ship's wall for us parents to see which then forces us to cave in and buy them!

Katie & Chris on the Galaxy Jun 2000.JPG

CIN-161225-FML_Stairs1-224466_GPR.jpg

On 12/3/2019 at 6:54 PM, mdpa said:

Hi Everyone,

I would like your advice. We are a family of 3 on a 14-day SE Asia cruise in January. I've got a nice camera and do photography as a hobby so wasn't going to pay for a photo package. That said, it appears to be a decent deal. Not sure if this is a sale or a normal price but it indicates it reflects a 20% discount versus buying onboard.

OK, here is the confusion....

- First there are (2) different packages with the exact same name, same disclaimers, etc (unless I am missing something???). One is $100 and the other is $200.

- Second both packages say only (1) per cabin, but still ask me to select passengers...confusing???

Depending on how I order, this costs $100, all the way up to $600, for what I believe is the same thing!

I decided to order the $100 package and selected my wife as the passenger. Total Cost $100 for a 14-day cruise. Seems like a good deal if this is accurate and can be assured that we will all be included in most photos. Did I miss something?

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.48.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.47.22 PM.png

Hello

We signed up for the $100.00 deal. There is no difference between the $100.00 and $200.00 promotion. Basically after the cruise they will send you all you photos on cloud  for you to print. You can also stop by the studio each day and preview your photos. I have some nice 35 mm equipment but it’s hard to pass up the $100.00 deal.

They will give you any photo that has the person that you have signed up for. So in our case it’s just my wife and I. Most likely will be in each photo together so we will get them all. If she takes a photo by herself it won’t be included. That is why I plan to go by the photo gallery everyday to see what photos they have taken of us.

Edited by Airrace
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...