Flight Ease: Recent experiences with increased prices by final payment?

janmcn

I just made our flight reservations for our booking for a Sept. 2020 cruise leaving from Venice.

It says I have until June 2020 (final payment) to pay for it...BUT in the small print it says that the price is NOT GUARANTEED until it's paid for.

Has anyone had experience with the cost of the airfare going up before final payment? Or should I take a chance?

Thanks...

Edited by janmcn

have used flight ease probably 3-4 times, never an increase.   It was explained to me that possibly any increases could come from taxes or fees not the base fare, but again, this has never happened.

I did once hold a flight ease reservation, but found a better price on a 3 day sale from a major airline which was less money,   I booked through the airline and then released the flight ease reservation (but it helps to have something on hold).....

I would not worry,

Carol 

Edited by CJcruzer

17 hours ago, janmcn said:

Has anyone had experience with the cost of the airfare going up before final payment? Or should I take a chance?

I had the same concern.  My TA who is very experienced and used by a lot of folks on CC said she had never seen an example of a price increase.

BTW, one of the advantages of Flight Ease is the ability to reserve a flight and then check frequently for price decreases just like a price drop on a cruise.  Be sure and don't book the non-refundables.  I took advantage of two price drops and once rebooked for a better arrival time in Vancouver when the price on that flight became reasonable.

• Like 1

We are using FlightEase for our flight to S America next month.  I booked the tickets the first day they were available.  Since then, we re-booked twice, changing airlines and eventually mixing a main cabin with a business class and lowering the price by almost $1,000 each.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I had the same concern.  My TA who is very experienced and used by a lot of folks on CC said she had never seen an example of a price increase.

BTW, one of the advantages of Flight Ease is the ability to reserve a flight and then check frequently for price decreases just like a price drop on a cruise.  Be sure and don't book the non-refundables.  I took advantage of two price drops and once rebooked for a better arrival time in Vancouver when the price on that flight became reasonable.

Thank you so much for your experience...and to remind me to check prices periodically!