Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
charlielinda

Going on Edge

Recommended Posts

On 12/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, NMTraveller said:

Disagree.  The Edge is crowded and loud and shouty in the evenings.  There is no quiet place to have a glass of wine.  It is a party ship.

 

That's a false statement.  We get it, you don't like the Edge.  There were plenty of places to have a nice glass of wine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

We boarded Edge, and frankly, on the first day, I thought we had lost our best friend, since everything was new, and I was now being asked to learn about the ship all over again. Little did I know that this would be an experience of a lifetime.

 

We felt that way many years ago when we left the Eclipse to go to the Silhouette. We had done 5 Eclipse cruises in about 14 months (all in AQ) and had got to know all the waiters over that time. In Feb 2014 we finished a 14 night on the Eclipse and moved to the Silhouette for a week. Our first time in Blu on that cruise was weird for the first few days as we knew no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, miched said:


it was really noisy and crowded during the silent disco.  🤗

 

You're so right. It was incredibly noisy during the silent disco, all the out of tune voices belting out "oh oh we're half way there, oh oh living on a prayer" at the top of their lungs.

 

RX302861cs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, miched said:


it was really noisy and crowded during the silent disco.  🤗

 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅
 

 

For those in our group, this was a great source of entertainment...

 

Especially those of us who were off key and not caring that we were at that...

 

Just dancing the night away to whichever channel struck our fancy.

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Is there a walking track ?  Any impressions on it ?

 

Yes, as already mentioned, climbing up and down 2 decks. My wife thought it was great, she runs 1/2 marathons regularly although strangely never exercises while on board ship.

RX600231mcs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Is there a walking track ?  Any impressions on it ?

It is a walking/jogging track which spans two (2) levels... totally cool!

 

Walked every morning between 5.30a - 6.15a and was not crowded at all...

 

bon voyage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true that acoustics are not the best in some areas like the Grand Plaza,

but EDGE is no way a loud and shouty party ship. In our opinion,   it is a classy and modern next generation  cruise ship with many artistic  and pleasing elements...

 

 In contrast, loud and shouty was our cruise on Reflection with the Miami D Js..one and done!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hcat said:

It is true that acoustics are not the best in some areas like the Grand Plaza,

but EDGE is no way a loud and shouty party ship. In our opinion,   it is a classy and modern next generation  cruise ship with many artistic  and pleasing elements...

 

 In contrast, loud and shouty was our cruise on Reflection with the Miami D Js..one and done!   


 

totally agree 

 

we really enjoyed or B2B cruise on it.   We loved everything about it except for the premium price.

 

we also had a IV cabin and loved it.   No problems or issues with it.  
 

Happy cruising.  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

For those in our group, this was a great source of entertainment...

 

Especially those of us who were off key and not caring that we were at that...

 

Just dancing the night away to whichever channel struck our fancy.

 

bon voyage


yes it was

 

a great time by all 

 

loved it 
 

let it all hang out and have a great time. 

 

Happy cruising  🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JackB60 said:

You'll have to find things not to like


DISEMBARKATION!. 
 

Hated to leave.  

 

have a 10 day cruise booked in 2022 on the Edge. The price was reasonable.   It was a little more than other cruises in the Caribbean but not that much more.  The little extra  premium is worth it.  
 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miched said:


DISEMBARKATION!. 
 

Hated to leave.  

 

have a 10 day cruise booked in 2022 on the Edge. The price was reasonable.   It was a little more than other cruises in the Caribbean but not that much more.  The little extra  premium is worth it.  
 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We booked an 11 day for January 2022.  We thought we got a good price and are happy.  

 

Interestingly today we were able to upgrade to a S1 from an S3 for our 01/12/20 cruise as the S1 price dropped below what we paid for the S3.  No regrets as we were not willing to pay for an S1 when we booked. Happy puppies here tonight.

Edited by Oville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We went on Edge at the beginning of November.

We have been reading here a lot and honestly where not too excited and where prepared to see many modern chi chis which are annoying.

 

during the 15 night TA, we learned to love the Edge and became to realize, that she‘s better compared to Solstice class ships in almost every aspect.

We even loved the highly controversial IVs.

 

1 day after disembarkation, we went on Equinox and boy was that a reality check.

Solstice Class ships are great, but once you have been on Edge you‘ll see that lot of things have changed in the last decade for the better.

 

We still love Solstice class but having the choice, would pick Edge without hesitation.

 

Edited by Yoshikitty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oville said:

We booked an 11 day for January 2022.  We thought we got a good price and are happy.  

 

Interestingly today we were able to upgrade to a S1 from an S3 for our 01/12/20 cruise as the S1 price dropped below what we paid for the S3.  No regrets as we were not willing to pay for an S1 when we booked. Happy puppies here tonight.

Excellent!  

Guess we should start checking our prices again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...