Platinum

DALSAL

You also get a past guest party. They will leave reservations in your cabin 5 days or longer I believe.

you get a free drink voucher for sea day brunch 
you get a free bottle of water in your cabin 

plus free laundry. The amount Varys to how long your cruise is. 
this is per Plat guest so if there are 2 of you double everything. 
defiantly save the money and cancel FTTF 

41 minutes ago, Bases5 said:

You also get a past guest party. They will leave reservations in your cabin 5 days or longer I believe.

you get a free drink voucher for sea day brunch 
you get a free bottle of water in your cabin 

plus free laundry. The amount Varys to how long your cruise is. 
this is per Plat guest so if there are 2 of you double everything. 
defiantly save the money and cancel FTTF 

Not all Platinum benefits are per person. Some are per stateroom such as the amenity from room service.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, Cushing985 said:

In addition to all the FTTF perks once you make Platinum (doesn't matter if you turn on the first day or the last day of the cruise) you get a hug from your cabin steward/dess.

For real? I’ve never been hugged by my steward. I feel so cheated. 😉

On 12/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, emm126 said:

Travel agents do not get paid a commission on shore excursions or FTTF. I don't know if they called or not but that part was not correct.

Maybe our TA doesn't however I have friends and family members who have been and are TA's. And they all have said the same thing that they get commission  for  any thing and every thing they book for you?  

3 hours ago, CdrescherRBL152 said:

Maybe our TA doesn't however I have friends and family members who have been and are TA's. And they all have said the same thing that they get commission  for  any thing and every thing they book for you?  

Still wrong....100% positive. 

Edited by jimbo5544

6 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Not all Platinum benefits are per person. Some are per stateroom such as the amenity from room service.

What is the amenity from room service you speak of? Are you talking about the tray of choc covered strawberries and couple of other things that are on the tray? 

Edited by canes20

I love the fact that Carnival grants the next status at the beginning of your cruise.  We were on the last Med cruise and the Transatlantic on the Vista in October, 2016. We didn't officially turn Platinum until a few days into the second cruise. Because our bookings were linked, we were Platinum from the day we boarded, which was greatly appreciated for the free laundry service!  

On 12/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, xDisconnections said:

What is not doubled. The strawberries. Ok I’ll give you that one. 

Edited by Bases5

Your booking summary will show the status you will get on the cruise. My two boys have 13 cruise nights at the moment. We have a booking for 15 days on the Mardi Gras. On the booking summary it says they're Gold, since they'll hit 25 nights while onboard. 

EDIT: Is the laundry per room or per Platinum guest? It says 5 bags of laundry for cruises over 12 days, is that for the room, or will my wife and I each get 5 bags? 

Edited by djb78

1 hour ago, djb78 said:

Your booking summary will show the status you will get on the cruise. My two boys have 13 cruise nights at the moment. We have a booking for 15 days on the Mardi Gras. On the booking summary it says they're Gold, since they'll hit 25 nights while onboard. 

EDIT: Is the laundry per room or per Platinum guest? It says 5 bags of laundry for cruises over 12 days, is that for the room, or will my wife and I each get 5 bags? 

I believe per cabin, but it's more than you need. We do laundry 2 times a week, only shorts, T's, undies and such, no dedicates

I just want to mention a Platinum perk, only briefly mentioned previously.  LAUNDRY- platinum guests get free laundry- the number of bags depends on the number of days of the cruise. Ex: on a 6-12 day cruise you are allowed 3 bags of laundry per platinum guest.  On longer (12+ days) cruises it is 5 bags per platinum guest.  So if you & your cabin mate are platinum, you each get whatever number of bags laundered & folded.  FTTF does not include laundry.   Warning:  don't send your good clothing.  We only send shorts/tshirts /socks etc.

We love the platinum perks.  On our recent 13 night cruise, we had laundry done eight times for free.  It was great to come home with clean clothes.  

Also love the priority line at guest services.  That is a nice perk. 

10 hours ago, Banditswife said:

I just want to mention a Platinum perk, only briefly mentioned previously.  LAUNDRY- platinum guests get free laundry

That’s truly the ONLY Platinum perk that we take advantage of. 

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

That’s truly the ONLY Platinum perk that we take advantage of. 

I used to love that perk (when it was unlimited for basic Platinum) and was so excited when we earned it back on Princess. I stopped using it though when Princess kept having items ruined from the way they clean them and the placement if their tags. Never had that problem on Carnival surprisingly.

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Never had that problem on Carnival surprisingly.

In all the years we’ve been using the laundry service on Carnival, they’ve done a great job and  only ruined one item. And they actually fixed it. My wife brought a brand new bright blue T-shirt on the cruise. We sent it out with our laundry and when we got it back, it was so shrunk and faded, it looked like it had been worn and washed daily for a year. We complained at guest services and they asked us to bring it back. The next day, the color on the shirt was bright blue again, and it was perfectly ironed and folded and back to its original size. Either they had the same exact replacement shirt on board, or they had a way to dye and return the shirt to the way it was. It looked brand new again. 

So even though they initially ruined it, we were very happy with the way they handled it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tapi said:

In all the years we’ve been using the laundry service on Carnival, they’ve done a great job and  only ruined one item. And they actually fixed it. My wife brought a brand new bright blue T-shirt on the cruise. We sent it out with our laundry and when we got it back, it was so shrunk and faded, it looked like it had been worn and washed daily for a year. We complained at guest services and they asked us to bring it back. The next day, the color on the shirt was bright blue again, and it was perfectly ironed and folded and back to its original size. Either they had the same exact replacement shirt on board, or they had a way to dye and return the shirt to the way it was. It looked brand new again. 

So even though they initially ruined it, we were very happy with the way they handled it.

Yeah, this is definitely an area that Carnival outperforms their competition with. That and laundry is same day instead of 72 hours (or longer). Glad they were able to resolve the issue with your shirt! 

• Like 2

I did cancel my FTTF, and someone snatched it right up. Possibly they told my TA that I wouldn’t be Platinum until I completed those two days. I’m thinking it might have been because at that time I had just paid my deposit or maybe their was a misunderstanding. I’m very pleased with my TA, so I don’t feel he’s going to lie to me. Anyway, all is good!! Can’t wait to January 20!! Thanks for everyone’s input!