All Inclusive Europe Cruises for 2021

newtocruiseinblue

We booked the first day offered with this promotion for the 2021 Voyage of the Vikings.  There were only two choices at the time...two.  1)  Much cheaper with non-refundable deposit and no extras or 2) the all-inclusive with all the perks for a steep price but it IS refundable.  We want to go on the cruise and it is a year and a half away SO we booked with the refundable fare and now have a spot on the ship.  We have also plenty of time to re-fare if we chose.  I need to add this all up because for us the airfare (San Diego to Boston round trip) would be great, we love our cocktails and water, we love obc of $500 (yes it really is OUR money) and pre-paid gratuities.  It's ALL included. At time of booking I had asked them what the Advantage Fare price was (normal refundable -no perks) and it was the SAME as WITH ALL the perks. 

We went on the VOV this year and loved it!  It IS pricey but it was our way of seeing Europe without having to fly there.  We love Norway and Iceland ........so beautiful!  This cruise tends to sell quickly and is only offered once a year. Hope to see you on that rollcall a bit later.

Bergen Norway

DSCF3528.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:28 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

ALL-INCLUSIVE 2021 OFFER

Book your 2021 Europe cruise now for an all-inclusive experience, valued at up to US$2,300 per person. Includes:

•Free Air (up to $800 per person)
•Free Drinks
•Free Onboard Spending Money (up to $250 per person)
•Free Stateroom Gratuities

Bonus offer for Suites: Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person

I'm also wondering how this would work for a solo traveler. Would HAL deduct anything from the fare because as one person you are only occupying one airline seat, only drinking for one, only paying grats for one (although that would bother me less)...? Plus with the way it's worded, I'd be paying double the fare but only getting $250 OBC (per person, not per stateroom).

It's bad enough paying double for the cruise, without paying double for the airfare, drinks and only getting OBC for one!

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'm also wondering how this would work for a solo traveler. Would HAL deduct anything from the fare because as one person you are only occupying one airline seat, only drinking for one, only paying grats for one (although that would bother me less)...? Plus with the way it's worded, I'd be paying double the fare but only getting $250 OBC (per person, not per stateroom).

It's bad enough paying double for the cruise, without paying double for the airfare, drinks and only getting OBC for one!

Right, and I would only get $800 and not $1600 worth in airfare!  I don't think they thought the solo rights through properly.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:28 AM, newtocruiseinblue said:

Was waiting for the 2021 Europe cruises to come out and they have, but they have either the basic package with the non-refundable deposit or an all-inclusive package that includes the following:

ALL-INCLUSIVE 2021 OFFER

Book your 2021 Europe cruise now for an all-inclusive experience, valued at up to US$2,300 per person. Includes:

•Free Air (up to $800 per person)
•Free Drinks
•Free Onboard Spending Money (up to $250 per person)
•Free Stateroom Gratuities

Bonus offer for Suites: Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person

I’ve never seen this promotion for HAL before and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Thank you!!

While this deal sounds great, I looked at our Aug, 2020 reservation vs the same route in 2021.  After considering the value of all the perks, our 202o cruise is still less expensive and for a larger cabin.

11 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

While this deal sounds great, I looked at our Aug, 2020 reservation vs the same route in 2021.  After considering the value of all the perks, our 202o cruise is still less expensive and for a larger cabin.

That is sort of of faulty comparison as prices do change from year to year. 

A better comparison involves looking at the 2021 fare without the benefits, adding in the cost of all the benefits individually (airfare, gratuities, etc) , and then comparing that total to the "all inclusive" cost.  In our case, the all-inclusive cost is definitely to our advantage.

What you are doing is like comparing the cost of a 2020 Buick to a 2021 Buick. 😉

Edited by taxmantoo

My past spring cruise and my upcoming cruise had very similar packages. Why HAL finds the need to charge for internet is beyond me. 10 years ago perhaps it made sense but I see no reason now.   I hope this new package does not increase Flight Ease fares    

• 2 weeks later...

A new permutation of this offer has just been released via email in the UK, details below.

Uncover a Continent of Endless Wonders

Join us in 2021 for an unforgettable journey through Europe. Receive an all-inclusive experience when you book your 2021 European adventure today! Valued at up to £2,000 per person, this is sure to be the best offer of the season.* 

• Free Air
  • Free Drinks
  • Free Onboard Spending Money
  • Free Stateroom Gratuities

Bonus Offer for Suites — Free Internet Package and Free Dining Package per person.

The prices are high in some cases, and currently the offer is only accessible via the email link, it is not showing on the website otherwise as far as I can tell.

The free air is £400 GBP pp (can one assume that flights above this can be paid extra?)

Drinks is the SBP

OBC it says is up to $600 USD pp ($1200 per stateroom). When clicking on the T&Cs it says that OBC is $600 pp so I’m unclear if it’s up to, depending on cabin category, or if it’s given no matter what cabin.

That particular ambiguity is making me hesitant. Anyone else seen this or even booked the offer? Offer available to book up to 28 February.