M class Royal Suite?

ladyonboard

Recent cruisers...

Do you keep the robes in Royal Suites?  Do you need reservations at specialty restaurants or can you just show up?  Can you order lunch items other than the set menu on Retreat Deck? Is there electricity you can use on Retreat Sun Deck to plug in a computer? 

The robes were an unadvertised of Royal Suites and above on the Revolutionized ships but they are no longer automatically provided because a lot of passengers were just leaving them behind.  If your butler does not ask you if you want them, just ask him/her and they will be given to you towards the end of the cruise. They are also available in the suite for your use on the cruise. I don't know if they are given in on Revolutionized ships.

We always arranged reservations for specialty restaurants with the shore side concierge.  You might get lucky and get a table just by walking up but it might not be at a time you want. Your butler will also try to get you a last minute reservation.

You can order from room service but I don't know that it would be available on the Retreat deck. We didn't look for outlets on Equinox.

4 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That is very interesting.  We always book the penthouse or RS and have never thought of taking the robes. We always thought they were just there for our use on the cruise.

They never used to be personalised so not to take away. On the Revolutionised ships at first you boarded and initialled robes were on your bed to use on board and then take home. Now you board and have robes in your room and should be asked if you want monogrammed ones to take home. 

Apparently this is to reduce wastage as many were being left behind. I can understand this as they are quite bulky.

We asked about them on Equinox following a comment on my live post at the time and received them...I am unsure if we hadn’t asked if we would have been offered. Someone on another post has said they have been told this is no longer happening.

11 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That is very interesting.  We always book the penthouse or RS and have never thought of taking the robes. We always thought they were just there for our use on the cruise.

There was a little card with them saying they were yours to take home.

4 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

They actually were too bulky and heavy to even think about taking home.....Usually not tht much extra room in luggage

You just expressed exactly what I was thinking.

Besides, most of us already have a lifetime supply of robes in our closets at home, more than we  could ever want or need.

A collection box by Guest Relations where we could leave extra items to be donated to charity would be nice.

I bet they could accumulate a huge collection of those white Frette cloth slippers that way.

1 hour ago, varoo said:

You just expressed exactly what I was thinking.

Besides, most of us already have a lifetime supply of robes in our closets at home, more than we  could ever want or need.

A collection box by Guest Relations where we could leave extra items to be donated to charity would be nice.

I bet they could accumulate a huge collection of those white Frette cloth slippers that way.

LOL. We actually take the slippers.  We have a beach house in Belize and give our guests slippers to wear when they come visit. Those fit easily in the suitcase !!

My understanding of the robe question was that the robes to take were only on Edge or revolutionized older ships in RS/PH. Thus I have never seen them either because I have so far been on a pre-revolutionized ships, though always in a RS/PH. I really don't need another robe at home anyway. So I am glad it is now an optional thing.

1) You will be contacted by a land concierge within 2 weeks of your sail date

2) concierge will want to know your liquor bottle/beer/wine/ non-alcohol beverage preferences for room, specialty dining dates and time preferences, bed/pillow preferences, spa appointment or shore excursion requests, and if there are any allergies to note

3) it has never been an issue to have all of these above requests honored (in other words, never did we not get preferred restaurants and times)

4) when contacted by the land concierge and sailing on Edge/Apex/Revolutionized PH or RS that's when we request the monogrammed robes and also make personal training appointments for gym.  On Edge, in their top suites, can also request an exercise bike for stateroom.

Enjoy your sailing... 

• Like 1

DH and I are going to be on the "Mardi Gras" cruise on the Reflection in February.  We were able to move up (NOT THROUGH CELEBRITY"S MOVE UP OFFER) to a Royal Suite from our original Celebrity Suite for a very small amount!  :)  We have sailed in a Royal Suite on the Equinox prior to Celebrity ships having a Michael's Club or Retreat. The perks associated with the suite at that time included a butler who was overworked (not by us) and 2 bottles of spirits.  We are looking forward to the extra amenities that the Royal Suite now provides.  I actually had a shore side concierge reach out to me over a week ago when we were still in a CS, so perhaps they are getting a little more proactive in their planning. 

With the complimentary specialty dining now included,  I would like to find out from our knowledgeable CC members,  what restaurant upcharges are not included?  I read somewhere about a seafood tower having an extra charge at one of the restaurants?  

BTW, I will not be looking for another robe! :) I have a hard time closing my suitcase even before I leave home!  LOL

Edited by Dr. Pam

From what I remember, the only things not included are the steaks that have an up charge in Tuscan and things like chefs table. Other than that everything should be included including the seafood tower although when in our last RS I couldn’t get my wife or daughter to go to either the Porch or Sushi but if anything has changed from then I am sure someone will let you know.

we are actually waiting on The results of a move up bid for a RS from a CS for February. If it doesn’t happen we are happy where we are.

Only the Tuscan ‘special steaks’ have an upcharge. We have enjoyed a few seafood towers in the Porch at no additional cost. It was our place to go for a light lunch on sea days. They do occasionally have ‘special’ evenings in one or other of the speciality restaurants. When we were on Reflection there was a ‘dine with the officers’ special meal which I believe was at extra cost and also a ‘progressive lunch’. If you are in any doubt ask your butler.

Your butler should be busy but not so overworked that you notice or feel service is suffering. If service is not up to the level you expect have a chat with the suite manager. Occasionally you can get a very demanding suite, it is up to the manager to sort if this is the case.