Check-In/ Contact Information Issue

brilyga

Hello,

I completed the online check-in for my partner and I and, no matter how many times I edit it, I cannot list our separate addresses. It always changes the other's address. Is there a way I can fix this? I'm currently waiting on a call back from NCL. 

We don't mind if we have the other's address listed, but I don't want to show up at the port and be sent on our way because the address on the reservation does not match the address on our driver's license. Or do they only look at the passport? 

49 minutes ago, brilyga said:

Hello,

I completed the online check-in for my partner and I and, no matter how many times I edit it, I cannot list our separate addresses. It always changes the other's address. Is there a way I can fix this? I'm currently waiting on a call back from NCL. 

We don't mind if we have the other's address listed, but I don't want to show up at the port and be sent on our way because the address on the reservation does not match the address on our driver's license. Or do they only look at the passport? 

The address is not a concern.  Vital information is that the name on the reservation matches the passports exactly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

They don't care. This happened to me one time and my cruise buddy lived in a different country.

Apparently in this new openly hostile to foreigners political climate, we don't want foreigners coming in to our country to take a cruise in to other countries.

13 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

The address is not a concern.  Vital information is that the name on the reservation matches the passports exactly.

Thank you. I will have to give them a call anyway as our passports list both our middle names and there is not a spot for middle names on NCL's website. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brilyga said:

Thank you. I will have to give them a call anyway as our passports list both our middle names and there is not a spot for middle names on NCL's website. 

Non issue your names will match your pictures. Passports require middle initial/name as does DL, NCL doesn't. 

11 minutes ago, brilyga said:

This is a typical problem...  once they fix it however, it is on your profile correctly.

• Like 1

Yep.  I've been battling this issue for years with NCL.  They cannot seem to figure out a way to keep different people with different addresses/phone numbers separate from each other if you cruise together.  I just got an advertisement flyer in the mail today sent to my address but for my best friend who travels with me.  He doesn't live with me.  Poorly designed customer/passenger database and website functionality.

20 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Non issue your names will match your pictures. Passports require middle initial/name as does DL, NCL doesn't. 

Incorrect, I had my travel agent check on it and the name on your cruise documents MUST match your passport exactly. Taking a chance on what 'someone said or heard' is not worth it. Have your travel agent take care of it.

6 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Incorrect, I had my travel agent check on it and the name on your cruise documents MUST match your passport exactly. Taking a chance on what 'someone said or heard' is not worth it. Have your travel agent take care of it.

My middle name is spelled out completely on both DL and Passport. Never have I put my full middle name on cruise docs. Haven't been denied boarding on any cruise.

May have used middle initial, and if I did that doesn't match 100% to DL or PP. I don't use TA's , possible I guess that travel agents have different guidelines than booking directly.

Edited by beerman2

17 hours ago, beerman2 said:

My middle name is spelled out completely on both DL and Passport. Never have I put my full middle name on cruise docs. Haven't been denied boarding on any cruise.

May have used middle initial, and if I did that doesn't match 100% to DL or PP. I don't use TA's , possible I guess that travel agents have different guidelines than booking directly.

As I said, why take a chance? Just because something got by in the past doesn't mean that that luck will continue.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:10 AM, brilyga said:

Hello,

They will only look at your passport. 

It is very important that the full name on the reservation matches the name on the passport exactly. You may be denied boarding if it is different.