What are options for mid-cruise Internet/WIFI access?

PortFees45

If I sign up for the WIFI plan a couple days into the cruise, am I retroactively billed for the previous days? 

Are there "a la carte" options in the library on the kiosks? If so what type of pricing applies?

I'm on the Anthem in February, and I'm trying to figure out my options if I realize I need Internet access but don't commit to it before the start of the cruise. 

Thanks for any info you can provide!

8 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

I'm on the Anthem in February, and I'm trying to figure out my options if I realize I need Internet access

Get a 24 hour package (~$23) to straddle the two seas days going and coming back - find wifi (or use cell data in PC) in ports.

10 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

If I sign up for the WIFI plan a couple days into the cruise, am I retroactively billed for the previous days? 

No.  You will have at least two options on board mid-cruise.

1. Purchase a full voyage plan that will be pro-rated based on the number of nights remaining.   Typical prices are $15.99 per day for Surf, $22.99 per day for Surf and Stream but this varies by ship.  If you have 4 nights left then it would be $15.99 X 4 or $22.99 X 4.  

2. Purchase 24 hour passes.  The 24 hours starts the moment you purchase, not midnight to midnight.  Typical onboard rates are as high as $24.99 for a Surf day pass and $31.99 for a Surf and Stream day pass but this varies by ship.

Some ships will offer an option on the second last day so you can check in with an airline.  Typically around $11-$15 for one hour.  

Other random specials may appear on board mid-cruise but this is highly variable.  

2 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Thanks for the info. Any details on rates for using the a la carte kiosks in the library? 

Same rates as using your own device.  Around $23 per 24-hour period.