First Night Steak House and Free Bottle of Wine

Cinnamon2

I am cruising on Carnival Magic next month with a group of 8 retired ladies.  We each have our own cabin.  I know there is usually a promotion for a free bottle of house wine if you eat at the steak house the first night of the cruise.  Would all 8 of us get the free bottle of wine?  Thinking that would be fair because we will pay the steak house dining fee individually plus the fact that each of us paid double fare to have our own room.  Anyone know?  

Thank you for your quick replies.  Two completely different answers:  (1)  one bottle of wine divided by 8 ladies, we each may get a sip or two; and (2) one bottle per cabin meaning we each get our own bottle.  Any other thoughts or experiences?  Thanks!

"Carnival is currently offering a free bottle of wine per steakhouse reservation booked for the first night of the cruise."

This what I have read on it.  

For a reservation for 8 + people I would at least ask for 4 free bottles to be shared among you.

Just off the Freedom last week and it clearly one bottle per table, no matter how many are seated at the table! We had two cabins for dinner the first night and could only get one bottle. We were told that to get multiple bottles we would have to have individual reservations and seating!

3 hours ago, rvsullivan said:

Just off the Freedom last week and it clearly one bottle per table, no matter how many are seated at the table! We had two cabins for dinner the first night and could only get one bottle. We were told that to get multiple bottles we would have to have individual reservations and seating!

That's easy for them to say. I would like it if 8 people made single reservations for the same night and time and be seated and get their bottles and then roam the room visiting with friends and family. Seriously. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cinnamon2 said:

Thank you for your quick replies.  Two completely different answers:  (1)  one bottle of wine divided by 8 ladies, we each may get a sip or two; and (2) one bottle per cabin meaning we each get our own bottle.  Any other thoughts or experiences?  Thanks!

It was one bottle per table first night, not per cabin or person.  Perhaps consider getting two tables of 4 each and ask to be seated together.  We did that one night when there were 8 of us.... easier than trying to talk across a big table and you'd get 2 bottles if that policy is still in fact the correct one

49 minutes ago, Cruiseman38 said:

We took advantage of the 50% off the non-house wines and bought two bottles of moscato.

Should have brought it on with you. Less than $10 a bottle at the grocery stories in different flavors also. That is my wife's favorite wine. Celebrity will not sell by the glass at all. In the MDR only and you must buy a bottle at $38.00 + gratuity. I do not think so. Even by the 1/2 glass on Carnival it was more than a mixed drink. She buys hers at Aldi grocery store, many varieties.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's easy for them to say. I would like it if 8 people made single reservations for the same night and time and be seated and get their bottles and then roam the room visiting with friends and family. Seriously. 

That's a lot of work, but if you think it's worth it, go ahead! All that for a $5 bottle of wine?

The best advice I've seen so far is bring on what you like to drink!

6 minutes ago, rvsullivan said:

That's a lot of work, but if you think it's worth it, go ahead! All that for a $5 bottle of wine?

The best advice I've seen so far is bring on what you like to drink!

You are not going to by that wine for $5.00 on the ship. Do not know where you get $5.00. 

9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Really. Have you tried it? If not I guess you are just assuming. We had it and it was just fine.

No, we've not had the pleasure to it yet. But we will on our next cruise. I'm just relating what other people have said, just like loan shark.

3 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No, we've not had the pleasure to it yet. But we will on our next cruise. I'm just relating what other people have said, just like loan shark.

It is inexpensive wine. If you are a specialty wine drinker you probably will not like it. My wife and I are not. We did enjoy it and drank the full bottle. Normally on shore at a discount store that wine is about $15.00 or less. On the ship it is probably $30.00 or more. It is Santa Carolina Chardonnay or Merlot. We had the Chardonnay. Do not like the other at all. Even if it Is only $10.00 at a grocery store and prepaid gratuities for the steak house. It is a great deal.

Where else can you get an excellent steak dinner, great service, a beautiful restaurant on the water for only $39.00 pp. So that is about $33.00 with free bottle not a glass of wine + gratuities. A great deal. We always do the first night steak house and have never been disappointed. By the way. You can get a sample of the wine before accepting it or not. Bon appetit !

27 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

It is inexpensive wine. If you are a specialty wine drinker you probably will not like it. My wife and I are not. We did enjoy it and drank the full bottle. Normally on shore at a discount store that wine is about $15.00 or less. On the ship it is probably $30.00 or more. It is Santa Carolina Chardonnay or Merlot. We had the Chardonnay. Do not like the other at all. Even if it Is only $10.00 at a grocery store and prepaid gratuities for the steak house. It is a great deal.

Where else can you get an excellent steak dinner, great service, a beautiful restaurant on the water for only $39.00 pp. So that is about $33.00 with free bottle not a glass of wine + gratuities. A great deal. We always do the first night steak house and have never been disappointed. By the way. You can get a sample of the wine before accepting it or not. Bon appetit !

Thanks for the insight twoaday! You all are more sophisticated wine drinkers than my wife and I. White zin is our go to wine when we drink it. We aren't big wine drinkers at all. 

5 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Thanks for the insight twoaday! You all are more sophisticated wine drinkers than my wife and I. White zin is our go to wine when we drink it. We aren't big wine drinkers at all. 

Nether are we. I do not care how much the wine cost. If it tastes good. Great. My wife likes White Zifandale, however she now like Pink Moscato. I can take it or leave it. The Moscato at Aldi Grocery store was $5.95. She is s cheap drunk😎

14 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Nether are we. I do not care how much the wine cost. If it tastes good. Great. My wife likes White Zifandale, however she now like Pink Moscato. I can take it or leave it. The Moscato at Aldi Grocery store was $5.95. She is s cheap drunk😎

Hmmm...I'll have to try it out. and shhhhhh......I won't tell her if you won't. :classic_wink: