Semi-Live limited Gem Dec 13, 2019 NY-Florida overnight, GSC & Nassau

mking8288

On 12/19/2019 at 8:55 AM, njhorseman said:

One of my pet peeves is how frequently this designated seating is occupied by people with no mobility issues ... we also have no mobility issues ... it's just a matter of principle.

Neither do we.  We saw many other cruisers that should find these special seating a plus - if only the crew can help to "enforce" the rules.  I've watch this on the Breakaway and the Escape, and left my comments.  I dunno, perhaps a little multi-lingual passenger education, maybe a brief video ??  

Spacing between chairs from different tables are very tight, IMHO, and with the typical American sizing that we saw, not easy for anyone to navigate in the buffet, let alone those in a walker, using motorized scooters, etc. 

We had limited options in port days, staying on the ship, on where to eat our lunch - ended up in the buffet one afternoon ... not again.  Plus, the water bottle refilling issues - the front "stations" nearest to the midship elevator had the flavoured water option disabled, for "their" convenience.  A better pictorial sign might helped - not all the passengers read/understand & understand the English language.  We always do the clean cup transfer ... others, not to be bothered with.  

7 hours ago, bob brown said:

... While I am on the Gem for the westbound Canal cruise, I'll try to answer some questions as well, but since I will only have about 60 minutes of internet time, I can't begin to promise anywhere near your comprehensive level...

Anyhow, thanks for the 'ride', and happy holidays!

Hello, Bob ... you've permanently retired/relocated from (as I recall) Flushing, NY to So. Florida ??  Lucky to be missing all the weekend (and weekday) traffic  - it's only gotten worst !!  

Anyway, here's a tip that I can confirmed to be working, an undocumented "trick" to get an extra 10 minutes on top of your 60 free minutes (P+) or  30 minutes (P) or with 2 of us, leverage it to get as much as 140 minutes to use - even if not getting/selecting a fare with offers (i.e. "free" 250 minutes).  NCL can shut this down & block it, but I think they are leaving this open to sell their pricey plans, for those that didn't pre-download & install the "Cruise Norwegian" App before the cruise.  Works on the Breakway, Escape, Dawn, Getaway, Bliss and the Gem - for now, until further notice if NCL pull it. 

Very simple, down & install the "Cruise Norwegian" App first.  Once on the ship's WiFi inTRAnet system ("connected" but no internet) - use login.com URL shortcut (or, key-in "digitalseas.io" directly, to bring up the connect screen to get on the WiFi inTERnet.  See attached screenshot - see that "Download the free ... App" and you get a free 10 minutes session to connect & use.  Probably enough for an emergency, one-time single use or use it to extend that 60 min. to 70 minutes.  Enjoy the extra free airtime.  

There should be enough CC'er on the Gem's upcoming Canal sailing to do live, semi-live and periodic posts - on anything of relative "importance".  My impression of the Gem's satellite WiFi this time compared to last year & 2017 is that, it seemed more sluggish & less speedy - probably b/c there're more "active" unlimited users during the entire cruise, quite a few occupied with their iPhones & smartphones, even iPads.  

We managed without getting the unlimited plan for our 14 nights on the Escape doing the So. Caribbean sailing - using roaming cellular signals whenever the ship is at the port & in range of land towers.  

Collage 2019-12-21 19_48_55.jpg

Collage 2019-12-21 19_53_04.jpg

Memo for all - look under the Wi-Fi Plans Purchased, under it, the free "Cruise Norwegian" App - 10 minutes of airtime is given, at no charge and no activation fees.  Enjoy it - combined it with other available airtime minutes/MB data for internet access.  

I've also included the screenshot for the actual "digitalseas.io" sign-in sheet, including the usage meter if on a time plan.   The shortcut command is login.com to sign in.  Logout.com to sign out of the WiFi account. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Ha, that's it. Fortunately, the roll call had plenty of Gem "veterans" that knew the ship inside out, top to bottom and there was no request to do a cabin crawl ... I would've taken the gang to crash your suite & insist on having a CC party upstairs. 

Here, check our lunch specials ... a treat by our twin nieces, one just inked a nice offer by a headhunter to switch jobs in the accounting & banking field. 

That's not even specialty dining ... how about that !! Just won't find these dishes, period, on most cruise ships in the mass market.

Collage 2019-12-21 14_07_27.jpg

Collage 2019-12-21 14_08_45.jpg

A tour of our small gallery showed that provisioning is needed, time to call F&B, find a butler, or else ... will have to find a concierge to arrange for dinner tonight & deliver it.  Life is better on a cruise ship.

Omg, that is just plain cruel for those of us without the option.

Going on fifth day of French onion soup.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the great tip about the deck 12 library computers providing free access to CC.  

Also for. your explanation about the app and the extra 10 minutes.  On a long cruise like we have ahead, every minute counts!😉

Good to know about the sirloin roast night as perhaps a substitute for the prime rib.  Sometimes on the longer cruises they pull out the stops and offer something not usually on the menu.  You mentioned their having a 14-15 night stock of menus.  Haven't done a BTS tour in quite awhile but they used to say 21 days worth.  Anyway between SDP, Platinum dinners and many items I really like on the MDR menus, we won't be underfed.

I like your idea of some daily lunch specials.  Several years ago they used to have Menu A and B for lunch and rotated them on days at sea.  It broke the monotony.  I do like the expansion of the Indian buffet at the Garden Cafe.  Even at lunch now there is a meat offering or 2 along with their wonderful vegetarian dishes.  At night there's even more so chance to try some good curries.  To us it tasted very authentic - our mouths were on fire with some of it!  

Did you utilize the Great Outdoors at all?  An outside dining venue with buffet but not sure what they serve there these days besides the usual burgers and hot dogs.  

What did you think of the Cruise Next team (if you had any interaction) and the Latitudes parties?  Did they bunch everyone together Silver and Up?  On Dawn they tried that and it was so crowded in their Bliss Lounge and too noisy.  Later they split it up by levels and it was much more manageable.  Was Latitudes party held in Spinnaker?

Thanks again for all the info.  Your live coverage was outstanding and yes, entertaining!

@snorklinbarb (and others)

You are all welcomed - I was just going to go a very limited blog/semi-live coverage, but it worked out & decided to upgraded to basic unlimited WiFi (using OBC) for just $55 for 5 days of coverage ... being a night owl. 

Skype is good, old reliable on voice calling, Ooma (VoIP app) calling that use/display our "home" number at sea over WiFi, FB Messenger, WhatsApp and WeChat (DW's) worked fine with these free minutes (no need for premium unlimited WiFi.)   However, Google Voice, Duo & Hangouts were unable to connect & dial out successfully, for whatever reasons (tcp/udp ports blocked by the server ??)  

NCL offers a 2 week (14 days) MDR menu rotation with some of the starter items being repeatedly ... MDR lunch has 1 daily chef's special when we're on the Escape this January.  MDR breakfast also has daily specials that change ... not the "Everyday" ones, i.e. smoke salmon.  Of course, with the "newer" menu rolling out on the mega/+ ships and 2020 coming around, anything is possible.  But, we didn't go hungry and used free room service in the morning for a lighter breakfast.  Aside from coalfish, we happily ate Mahi Mahi, Salmon, Red Snapper & Trout ... for healthier living.  Roast leg of lamb was okay - never really impressed with prime ribs ... food is subjective.  

Overall, weren't impressed with the buffet's current choices with small cutbacks that might not be apparent to the millennials ... especially outside prime hours (late night, everything is moved to / setup at the Great Outdoors *** weather permitting, with the basics, not much of anything else)  Won't go hungry ... seating on sea days when weather isn't good, go across to La Cucina - less crowded & less noisy, careful with the plates & cups as quite a few seemed lost, all the time. 

The ship as a whole, seemed lacking in that high synergy that we saw last year on the Gem, just cannot figure it out.  Luz, CD that we sailed with before, just came back from vacation but her presence didn't make any difference ... maybe other more frequent Gem veterans on the Roll Call can help with the observations.  The senior officers & crew went on stage on the last evening as part of Get Down Tonight show inside the Stardust ... they waved & then left, ship Captains usually say a few words - Luz got the limelight, not a big deal.  Didn't have any interaction with the CN team, they seemed focus on reaching their sales & promo targets and were doing daily presentations in the atrium lobby - fine with us ... no need to hear about DI or Del Sol.  This May, the Latitude party was for all the tiers, regardless in Bliss, wasn't well attended at all - most didn't attend & not missing anything, maybe NCL need to do some door prizes again, even T-shirts, keychains & ID holders might help with attendance and at minimal cost to them.  Ditto, the same on the Gem last week - time was 12:15 pm on a sea day - duh !! in the Spinnaker Lounge.  M&G "gang" was still having fun doing the Slot Pull downstairs - don't believe we missed anything important.  Captain's cocktail party for Haven, suites & VIP were in Bliss from 7 to 7:30 pm on a sea day ... plan ahead to squeeze in that 2 hours+ dinner in Cagney (our 3-course lasted longer, boo ...) and to make the show.  Perhaps, a crash course in strategic time management is needed for all, just saying.  

Crew members do work hard, smile and most are very good ... flashing that P+ card "discretly" seemed to help (then step back & hold on to the "pager" to wait) with a walk-up dinner in the MDR, depending on timing (cut our wait time for Orchid Garden from 45-60 to no more than 15 to 20 minutes, while we listened to Jack's live music downstairs in the Lounge.)   Moderno was fast this time, in/out of there in an hour with dinner.  

Any other questions, feel free to ask ... if I know.  

36 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

You are all welcomed - I was just going to go a very limited blog/semi-live coverage, but it worked out & decided to upgraded to basic unlimited WiFi (using OBC) for just $55 for 5 days of coverage ... being a night owl. 

Skype is good, old reliable on voice calling, Ooma (VoIP app) calling that use/display our "home" number at sea over WiFi, FB Messenger, WhatsApp and WeChat (DW's) worked fine with these free minutes (no need for premium unlimited WiFi.)   However, Google Voice, Duo & Hangouts were unable to connect & dial out successfully, for whatever reasons (tcp/udp ports blocked by the server ??)  

Thanks again for your live thread and for coming back for more! 😊

If we have the unlimited WiFi plan (not premium), is there any reason to believe that WiFi calling (iPhone/AT&T) would not work? 

And speaking of unlimited WiFi, your earlier detailed posts about the various offers you had on board (and pre-cruise) to upgrade to that from your "free" 250 minutes were quite helpful in figuring out NCL's pricing for those same things on our upcoming 20-night cruise on the Gem, so thanks again for those.   

What I was able to conclude is that, for our 20 nights, NCL is using an on board price for unlimited WiFi (not premium) of $494 ($24.70/day), since the pre-cruise offer to buy that plan outright, at 15% off, is $420.   And this seems to explain how NCL came up with the pre-cruise offer to upgrade the "free" 250 minutes to unlimited WiFi for $374 (although NCL's math is a little "off" there, since $494-$125 = $369).   I agree with you that NCL is not fairly valuing the credit for giving up the 250 minutes pre-cruise; the pre-cruise offer to upgrade really should be $420-$125 = $295.   

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

19 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Spacing between chairs from different tables are very tight, IMHO, and with the typical American sizing that we saw, not easy for anyone to navigate in the buffet, let alone those in a walker, using motorized scooters, etc. 

Thanks for all those tips, Henry.....yes, I did move to South Florida, but still keep my co-op apt. in Flushing.

Regarding the Garden Cafe...it's been about 8 or so years since I was last aboard the Gem, and I recall the chairs in there being unnecessarily large and unwieldy...even having armrests, making it especially hard for those seated between other chairs to get in and out.    

Has that improved?

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

😊 ... If we have the unlimited WiFi plan (not premium), is there any reason to believe that WiFi calling (iPhone/AT&T) would not work? 

... happy holidays!

You are most welcomed and best wishes for the holidays & bon voyage ... anyone on the Roll Call planning to post live, semi-live, randomly, etc. as I LOVE to follow this itinerary - DW and I putting this on our short list of cruises to do, sooner than later.  

First, let's look at/compare NCL's satellite WiFi vs. Royal & Princess, it is SLOW and expensive, I'll call it just short of a price gouging for a captive audience at sea ... less for more $$$, plain & blunt.  Look at the benchmark results (line #1, 2 & 3 - no better than 2 to 4 Mbps on download, with upload somewhat better) that's borderline adequate for streaming 480p video ... don't believe the premium streaming option yield better/faster results AND high latency won't change, around 600 ms.  Until 2018, did not have connectivity issues with Google Voice, Hangouts calling and all the popular WiFi calling options/apps worked fine, including what's available thru the cellular provider/carrier & the default phone app/dialer ... not anymore, I am afraid.  EMC (NCL's vendor/partner) began blocking some of the WiFi ports unless you subscribe to/use their premium unlimited data plan at sea.  MMS messaging worked but my T-Mobile SMS/text msg. seemed to be blocked - spouse's smartphone on Google Fi's network worked, mostly - could be that we're out of satellite range/coverage.  SMS/Text msg. worked fine smartphones for us - got an alert at sea at 19:39 inbound on the 1st. day.  Connected with FB Messenger to text back as that was reliable.  

The short answer, is, I am afraid that WiFi calling via an iPhone enabled on AT&T could be a problem outbound ... inbound calling (shore to ship) might connect & be better.  There are reasons to question on whether WiFi calling will be reliable 95% of the time.  Have (always) a Plan B and Plan C for staying in touch.   

We ported our home #, part of cutting the cords, to Ooma (VoIP) and using their mobile app, HD.voice calling worked great with clear quality - that's our primary choice while away to stay in touch. 

Location were device-enabled, and, apparently - it defaulted always, since we're on a satellite link, to show that we're "in Boston, MA" area for our geo-address, regardless of whether being at GSC, Nassau or in the North Atlantic.  Triggered security alerts on Google's server/i.p. address location tracking.  

Screenshot_20191215-100556.png

Free WiFi - at Port Canaveral, inside the ship terminal ... it was fast & usable, much superior to satellite WiFi ... I mentioned this before briefly.  No need to step beyond port security, bottom of the gangway - excellent coverage in the waiting area, wall outlets to keep those devices charged up ... crew members with time-off using their laptop to go online, etc. 

Screenshot_20191216-125145.png

NCL ship-to-shore calling rates to $4.99 per minute.  Calling rates on a different T-Mobile prepaid line was $3.59 a minute. 

Screenshot_20191217-090013.png

Edited by mking8288

51 minutes ago, bob brown said:

... Regarding the Garden Cafe...it's been about 8 or so years ... and I recall the chairs in there being unnecessarily large and unwieldy...even having armrests, making it especially hard for those seated between other chairs to get in and out. Has that improved?

Got it, one of those w low maintenance fees. Nice, we are looking to downsize & bail into one. More tech tips for everyone above for all.

Still got oversized chairs, but most w/o armrests. Those booth cushions could use refreshed high density HD foam cushions, sink into them & fun 🙄 to get out and up.

Bonus info - be sure to pack a simple 220 volts 2 pins Euro power adapter. Inside the Spinnaker Lounge, around/in front of those giant picture windows; and, in the Garden Cafe, there are 220 volts outlets integrated into some of those booths (look for them) - you can charge up those iPads, smartphones, Kindle & Chromebook/laptops, etc.  For USB devices, 3' or 6' extension can be useful. 

More pix of what they look like - sometimes, one must navigate sideway between 2 oversized adults and/or ask them to move their chairs "slightly" ... and get a dirty look :classic_rolleyes:

IMG_20191217_152837048.jpg

IMG_20191217_154051794.jpg

Edited by mking8288

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks again for your live thread and for coming back for more! 😊

If we have the unlimited WiFi plan (not premium), is there any reason to believe that WiFi calling (iPhone/AT&T) would not work? 

And speaking of unlimited WiFi, your earlier detailed posts about the various offers you had on board (and pre-cruise) to upgrade to that from your "free" 250 minutes were quite helpful in figuring out NCL's pricing for those same things on our upcoming 20-night cruise on the Gem, so thanks again for those.   

What I was able to conclude is that, for our 20 nights, NCL is using an on board price for unlimited WiFi (not premium) of $494 ($24.70/day), since the pre-cruise offer to buy that plan outright, at 15% off, is $420.   And this seems to explain how NCL came up with the pre-cruise offer to upgrade the "free" 250 minutes to unlimited WiFi for $374 (although NCL's math is a little "off" there, since $494-$125 = $369).   I agree with you that NCL is not fairly valuing the credit for giving up the 250 minutes pre-cruise; the pre-cruise offer to upgrade really should be $420-$125 = $295.   

Thanks again, and happy holidays!

I am on the gem now and we just upgraded today. We had gotten the 250 minutes free, which = $125. So we upgraded to basic 13 days at 24.99 = $324.87 - $125 = $199.87.  Paige

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Got it, one of those w low maintenance fees. Nice, we are looking to downsize & bail into one. More tech tips for everyone above for all.

Still got oversized chairs, but most w/o armrests. Those booth cushions could use refreshed high density HD foam cushions, sink into them & fun 🙄 to get out and up.

Bonus info - be sure to pack a simple 220 volts 2 pins Euro power adapter. Inside the Spinnaker Lounge, around/in front of those giant picture windows; and, in the Garden Cafe, there are 220 volts outlets integrated into some of those booths (look for them) - you can charge up those iPads, smartphones, Kindle & Chromebook/laptops, etc.  For USB devices, 3' or 6' extension can be useful. 

More pix of what they look like - sometimes, one must navigate sideway between 2 oversized adults and/or ask them to move their chairs "slightly" ... and get a dirty look :classic_rolleyes:

IMG_20191217_152837048.jpg

IMG_20191217_154051794.jpg

Thanks for the additional tip...those outlets should be great for 'plugging in' my phone, to watch the map on the long passage thru the Canal in the Spinnaker....:classic_wink:

Actually those chairs look much lighter and less cumbersome than the ones I recall...probably changed during a drydocking...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phemmett said:

I am on the gem now and we just upgraded today. We had gotten the 250 minutes free, which = $125. So we upgraded to basic 13 days at 24.99 = $324.87 - $125 = $199.87.  Paige

Great ... NCL does discount the per day prices lower on these longer sailings; and, I assume they also has the "additional devices" discount, for "our" convenience.   I believe everyone should be able to purchase/upgrade to the unlimited plan as late as Day 3 or Day 4 (on our last 14 nights "Escape") - the access is best on those full sea days.  

Several or more CC/NCL Gem "veterans" on the next sailing - Panama - are very interested in your feedback, including Turtles004, on whether WiFi calling on AT&T is supported, possible & works or not (or, on VZW/T-Mobile postpaid ... mine is a prepaid, grandfathered plan w special "offers" no longer available) 

1 hour ago, Phemmett said:

Here is our setup for the family balcony on 10th floor. 

< snipped ... to help w satellite bandwidth >

For balconies, the *Away/+ class ship setup for 4 is better.  On the Gem/Jewel/Dawn class ships - 4 in a balcony is just very, very tight; IMHO.  Three is okay but getting to the balcony/sliding door isn't fun ... on the Dawn & Jewel, at least.  

Is there a safety netting or railing guard (look like there is one) for the upper bunk ... I can see falling off in the middle of the night while asleep, landing on top of the person below

I wish NCL would replace/downsize that square table in the OV/Inside cabins; or, maybe just trim it by 6" - sand it & refinish it, to provide a little extra space to move around for everyone.  

Okay, here's a trivia pictorial question ...

What is an "Age Pantry" 😲 ??  I looked it up and Google came up empty. Some sort of storage, okay.  I saw this on the Dawn, minus the paper sign, also on Deck 4, interior portside, midship, above I-95 and not far from the MC ... What is behind that locked door, could it be?  I am afraid to ask. 

Collage 2019-12-22 18_04_02.jpg

The next one is easy, these are WiFi hotspots, located strategically throughout the ship, provisioning bow to stern wireless coverage, including hidden SSiD.

Collage 2019-12-22 18_02_36.jpg

Edited by mking8288

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Great ... NCL does discount the per day prices lower on these longer sailings; and, I assume they also has the "additional devices" discount, for "our" convenience.   I believe everyone should be able to purchase/upgrade to the unlimited plan as late as Day 3 or Day 4 (on our last 14 nights "Escape") - the access is best on those full sea days.  

Several or more CC/NCL Gem "veterans" on the next sailing - Panama - are very interested in your feedback, including Turtles004, on whether WiFi calling on AT&T is supported, possible & works or not (or, on VZW/T-Mobile postpaid ... mine is a prepaid, grandfathered plan w special "offers" no longer available) 

I don’t have At &t or Verizon. I have US cellular !  The WiFi has been great so far ! Teens are happy  😃. Just finished listening to some Neil Diamond in the Atrium. Heading to Spinnaker for some Beatles by Prism. 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 8:55 AM, njhorseman said:

One of my pet peeves is how frequently this designated seating is occupied by people with no mobility issues. It's not that we need that seating...we also have no mobility issues...it's just a matter of principle.

Be careful of falling into that trap of judging without knowing...... not all mobility issues are obvious or require the use of a scooter, walker, etc. 

My wife is a 3 time cancer survivor and has been issued a permant handicap placard due to challenges walking distances because of the damage chemo / radiation has done to her body...... and at 53 when she gets the looks, stares and comments from those who should just mind their own business it just makes her very self conscious and will push herself unnecessarily to walk further to satisfy someone's pet peeve.

Just a small PSA that not all mobility issues are exclusive to those over 80 or those with a scooter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Be careful of falling into that trap of judging without knowing...... not all mobility issues are obvious or require the use of a scooter, walker, etc. 

My wife is a 3 time cancer survivor and has been issued a permant handicap placard due to challenges walking distances because of the damage chemo / radiation has done to her body...... and at 53 when she gets the looks, stares and comments from those who should just mind their own business it just makes her very self conscious and will push herself unnecessarily to walk further to satisfy someone's pet peeve.

Just a small PSA that not all mobility issues are exclusive to those over 80 or those with a scooter. 

Yes, but it's pretty obvious when I see two or three young people carrying multiple heaping plates of food back from the buffet line I know damn well not one of them has any business sitting at a table reserved for disabled persons. So don't make assumptions about the type of person I'm referring to.

i wish your wife well ....and better health in her future,

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, but it's pretty obvious when I see two or three young people carrying multiple heaping plates of food back from the buffet line I know damn well not one of them has any business sitting at a table reserved for disabled persons. So don't make assumptions about the type of person I'm referring to.

i wish your wife well ....and better health in her future,

I appreciate the well wishes

No assumption was made..... I reacted exactly to what you said and you didn't specify or clarify until something was said on how you determined there were no mobility issues. 

4 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

Question on Tendering to GSC ... on the Bliss in April, when can you get Tendering Tickets ? ... hoping to get earliest Tender.

Book any shorex on GSC early (least expensive one would do) as that automatically include getting on the 1st or 2nd tender, joining the crew & those in Haven, suites & other guests with VIP/priority tendering, etc. 

They usually start with the larger "Norway" double decker boats that has a capacity of 300+ (up to 400, I'm not absolutely sure & stand corrected) per trip, the smaller tender has a capacity of about 200 ... some of seating were blocked & used for provisioning last week.  

Each stateroom or family traveling together only need 1 tender ticket to go ashore, for the Gem - they distributed tickets in one of the lounge or restaurant, info is in the Freestyle Dailies ... I didnt' pay attention (also had priorities to go ashore)  For newer mega/+ ships including the Bliss, if you do not have any booked shorex - you can reserve your tender ticket digitally using the "Cruise Norwegian" App and/or stateroom's interactive TV ... unless procedures changed.  Do that earlier on embarkation day - ship's WiFi signal reached into the pier/terminal building while you wait.  Put your iPhone/smartphone into airplane mode, turn back on WiFi & connect to the free inTRAnet signal - then, look for the option with the App to book it. 

Just keep in mind that seas could be calm, nice & sunny - but if wind direction is coming from the north & windy (we had gale to strong gale force wind coming to/from Cape Canaveral) - tendering is said to be difficult and likely a no-can't-do for safety/ride comfort season.  Last week, we actually came to full stop at the island, sat & waited and wondered if we might end up leaving - the decision, apparently, a joint one with the island-based safety manager and ship captain based on all known variables.  Previously, we had a somewhat choppy ride coming back to the "Breakaway".  Our "Escape" stop was cancelled & turned into a "fun day at sea" - casino promptly re-opened, LOL.  

Clam shells ("vented" screen ones are best) was $40, good for 2 loungers (those are free) & you really want to have one to shield from UV and the hot sun ... those "free" $50 OBC would cover it.  Don't go barefeet to walk around, it can get really hot with the sand & concrete walk path.  Good luck & enjoy. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Okay, here's a trivia pictorial question ...

What is an "Age Pantry" 😲 ??  I looked it up and Google came up empty. Some sort of storage, okay.  I saw this on the Dawn, minus the paper sign, also on Deck 4, interior portside, midship, above I-95 and not far from the MC ... What is behind that locked door, could it be?  I am afraid to ask. 

Collage 2019-12-22 18_04_02.jpg

I am thinking wine cooler.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

On 12/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, dexddd said:

... We have about 90+ days for our next trip and no free wifi so likely silent on that one except in Port.

... We do have one up on you though, all presents are wrapped ...

Have a great Christmas.

Going on MSC, huh but no free WiFi for DS/DD 🤭  Yeah, running to the shopping mall later, 70% off sales ... FedEx/UPS delivered the rest and even USPS was on overtime yesterday. 

My 😜 apologies for the food, some of it looked better than actual taste, the worst being our Cagney's meal ... supposed to be a medium Porterhouse steak, tiny sides. Good news in that we didn't gain weight, ate fish while they are still free. The smoked salmon bagel got smaller, for "my" convenience in eating light. 

No interactions with Heidi but the folks on Deck 13 were nice & all.  Sent way too much treats. As usual, slippers too small to fit my big feet & same for the bathrobes, still nice & appreciated, DW used the lotion & shampoo. 

I wonder what they are charging this week for duty-free cigarettes with the USVI stop along the way. 

Have a merry & wonderful Christmas ahead.

Collage 2019-12-22 17_45_15.jpg

Collage 2019-12-22 17_47_31.jpg