20% off Celebrity Air Sale

PhillyTravelBug

i purchased airfare using the Celebrity Choice Air 20% sale about one month ago. I don't know if this means it is a regular occurrence, but they have had it recently. It is a good deal as it was the same airfare I was just about to purchase on the American Airlines site but I saved some money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

What indicated the "sale" price.  I've priced some air via the web and didn't see it reflect any discount.

The sale banner showed up when I logged into my account and clicked on travel arrangements

I have booked airfares on a 20% off sale. The prices for my flights were 20% less than booking directly through the airlines. I have checked back since then when the sale is advertised, but I have not seen another example of the price actually being lower. I guess it just pays to check both Flights by Celebrity and the airline you want to fly with?

The 20% sale price is always way more than what I paid.  Yep, the "sale" price was $800 more for biz class - west coast to Rome/RT, and for almost the same flights, but the ones I got were actually a little better. It has been like this since Celebrity started their 20% sales...so sad!

I check prices several times a week, and keep a spreadsheet!  Cheaper than the airline by a lot of $$$, but you have to be careful.  I was able to get RT coach tickets was SF to Rome/RT for $535.  this was the the first several weeks the flights were open using Choice Air!

United for me & BA/AA for my friends!

Edited by Lastdance

17 hours ago, Lastdance said:

The 20% sale price is always way more than what I paid.  Yep, the "sale" price was $800 more for biz class - west coast to Rome/RT, and for almost the same flights, but the ones I got were actually a little better. It has been like this since Celebrity started their 20% sales...so sad!

I check prices several times a week, and keep a spreadsheet!  Cheaper than the airline by a lot of $$$, but you have to be careful.  I was able to get RT coach tickets was SF to Rome/RT for $535.  this was the the first several weeks the flights were open using Choice Air!

United for me & BA/AA for my friends!

Do you check prices on-line or do you repeatedly call CA to track prices?

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Do you check prices on-line or do you repeatedly call CA to track prices?

Yes, it seems like I am always checking prices.  I also call periodically, usually on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  I usually book the first few weeks the flights are available.  I also call during this period quite a few times.  If/when I find a better price, I call immediately.  I have found my best prices on Tuesday through Thursday. Sometimes I ask for the lowest price on a leg of my flights.  For example, traveling from Reno to SF, this leg became cheaper without biz/first class.  My overall fare went down.  In Europe, biz class is just like coach with the difference being an open seat in the middle.  However, depending on luggage weight, I usually stay at biz.  Everything depends on the number of legs to your destination.  I travel to Europe once a year.  Nothing is ever easy, so giving flights a lot of attention allows me to feel good about prices.