Any TAs here have insight into disappearing Enchanted?

Ombud

23 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

They had this set up quite a while ago. We booked this cruise Shanghai to Singapore and back December of last year. 

So for some reason they decided to make major changes without thinking of informing their passengers as to why they are doing this.

So is this the ship that's going to be based in Shanghai? I've heard rumors that one was being based there but just rumors. Wonder if it'll show on the annual report or if it's just too early. Who's going to Singapore? Sapphire?

Better yet, who's coming to SF?

Edited by Ombud

10 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

The three ports I was looking forward to on the TA were Gibraltar, Canary Islands, and Azores.  The Discovery only stops at Canary islands and its departure is just too late to work for our schedule as both of us have annual work commitments in early December .  Not sure we will make the switch.  We still have a lot of time to find a replacement option.  

Don

We were actually looking at two different cruises, we may have to do our plan B which was the Celebrity Apex around the same time. Apex is the newest sister ship to the Edge.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Unsure if you’ve been on Edge, but remember you won’t get a proper balcony on X’s new ships - it’s an oceanview with a pull down window. 

Unless you book a sunset verandah, which is what we had on Edge last week.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 6:47 PM, skynight said:

Just looked at the Princess web site. I found cruises up until Nov 4. The Enchanted is in Rome on November 4, 2021. Seems like Rome -  Barcelona, then Barcelona to F.L. would follow. I assume Princess pulled these for some reasons to make changes and will re-post fairly soon.

They pulled and then cancelled the 16 nt TA that was originally scheduled for Nov 4th, 2021. We were booked on it, and then one day about 2 weeks ago, I got a strange error message on Cruise Personalizer. From our past experience with the same thing happening with our original 16 nt. Dec 2020 TA on the Island, I knew to expect a letter telling us the cruise had been cancelled. With the Island, they moved it back 2 days, shortening it to 14 nts. With the Enchanted, they have replaced it with the 11 and 7 day Med cruises, but then nothing after. No TA in Nov or Dec is shown. Wonder if they're chartering it as they did with the Majestic or taking her to Asia instead of Caribbean...

On 12/18/2019 at 9:13 AM, Micahs Grandad said:

They had this set up quite a while ago. We booked this cruise Shanghai to Singapore and back December of last year. 

So for some reason they decided to make major changes without thinking of informing their passengers as to why they are doing this.

She WAS coming to the US. We were booked on her Nov 4, 2021 16 nt. TA until just 2 weeks ago when Princess cancelled that sailing on us.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:46 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

Yes, I agree on all points. They really don't have to do anything but they should take into account the hours and effort it takes to research a cruise, the ship, the "perfect" cabin, the ports of call etc. I just find $15 kind of insulting especially since all similar cabins at the same price point are not available. Discovery is the replacement ship they are suggesting but because it is newer the fares will undoubtedly stay higher. 

And Discovery is sailing 3 weeks later. Having just done an 11/17 crossing on the Sky, and doing a 12/6 crossing on the Island next year, we were looking forward to the early Nov. sailing. And to the ports of Genoa and Tenerife. The Discovery TA is same old, same old - has nothing new to offer us. We are passing.

Actually since starting this post I've learned (from Princess) that it's going east not west from Rome. So I got a $15 OBC apology and shifted to the April 2021 TA. That's actually better bc I just fly to Florida (uh, my least favorite port .... will have to arrive a day early) but get off in Barcelona and like missing Gibraltar.  Will have a stop over in Lisbon

On 12/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, steelers36 said:

YUP, we got that when we had a cruise booked on the Island around Med, Greece, Holy Land, Suez, etc, and they pulled her for WC duty.  It was so far ahead, no plans or moneys had been spent.  That OBC is sitting waiting for us to use on our Fall 2020 cruise.  Sort of like buying us each a drink.

Might come up a little short for more than a single drink for a single person. :^)>

Tom

5 hours ago, tothemall&beyond said:

And Discovery is sailing 3 weeks later. Having just done an 11/17 crossing on the Sky, and doing a 12/6 crossing on the Island next year, we were looking forward to the early Nov. sailing. And to the ports of Genoa and Tenerife. The Discovery TA is same old, same old - has nothing new to offer us. We are passing.

We were also on the Sky 21 days from Rome to Ft Lauderdale.

There are a bunch of same old on the Enchanted and doing that one but the Discovery was too much of same old for us. If the previous one before the TA would have done Turkey we would have considered but Discovery TA didnt do anything for us.

8 hours ago, Bwana Tom said:

Might come up a little short for more than a single drink for a single person. :^)>

Tom

We each have $15.  And a drink with gratuity is less than that.  It's fine - I wasn't expecting anything that far out.  It was a very detailed itinerary and hit some rare places.  Anyway, we make the best of what we are dealt.

• Like 1

We were booked on the Enchanted for the Oct 24 2021 cruise and decided at some point to also book the Nov 4 transatlantic because it was back to back and our favourite cabin was available for both sailings. This transatlantic had a good itinerary and the price was perfect. Although I have to admit, I wasn’t 100% sold on doing the back to back because it meant repeating some of the same ports.

Princess made our decision simple when they decided to change deployment after already publishing sailing dates. We cancelled both cruises. Lots of time to make other plans.

I am not sure how much uptake Princess is going to get for the Discovery from cancelled Enchanted transatlantic passengers. We received a phone call from Princess while we were still pondering our options and she excitedly offered the Discovery transatlantic to us. I told her it was too late in the season for us to want to be coming home from Europe. From her deflated sounding response, I don’t think I said anything that many others may have already told them.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:04 PM, Ombud said:

Actually since starting this post I've learned (from Princess) that it's going east not west from Rome. So I got a $15 OBC apology and shifted to the April 2021 TA. That's actually better bc I just fly to Florida (uh, my least favorite port .... will have to arrive a day early) but get off in Barcelona and like missing Gibraltar.  Will have a stop over in Lisbon

My guess is Enchanted Princess is going to be in Australia for Winter 2021-22 doing what Ruby Princess is doing this winter and Regal Princess is doing in 2020-21. I was expecting Regal Princess to go back but now that summer 2021 schedules are out, Regal Princess ends its Alaska season (and current published schedule) with a 4-night one-way from Seattle to Vancouver (via Ketchikan) and the usual reason for a Seattle based ship to move to Vancouver at end of season is so that it can then position down the coast to another U.S. port. So I'm guessing Regal Princess will be in L.A. replacing Royal Princess that is ending the summer 2021 Alaska season by heading to Singapore. But just guessing at this point based on where ships are ending their current published schedule.