How to get 3 Captain's Club points?

happy cruzer

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

Not in a million years. That would rubbish the whole integrity and prestige (for want of a better word) of the whole program. You'll find that the captains club staff are very strict about this. 

Agreed. Doesn't matter if you're 1 point from Elite status. You have to complete the cruise before you qualify. Can you imagine if everyone did this; what a mess. 😀

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Your granddaughter can go with you in the DL only if she lives with you (same home address). Unlike Celebrity who allows guest just staying in the same stateroom to go to the evening CC HH. As "blackshirt" pointed out the C&A HH runs 3.5 hours each evening (including the first evening unlike Celebrity) for unlimited drinks and a buffet style set up for snacks (hot and cold) in the DL.  You can get the three C&A HH drinks that are loaded on your Sea Pass card at any bar, dining venues and theater as long as it's within the 3.5 C&A HH time frame. The DL is a dedicated lounge open 24 hours a day for diamond, diamond + and pinnacles. The C&A HH drinks are only in the evening. Like Celebrity you will receive a detailed letter in your cabin outlining all your onboard C&A perks and benefits for diamond. One note on the 24 hours of free internet that "blackshirt" mentioned. The 24 hours of internet is continuous. So once you log on, the clock starts and doesn't stop until the 24 hour period is up. Celebrity's CC internet for elites is a much better perk. 

No she does not live with me so we'll just get drinks in another bar. I won't leave her by herself unless shes doing something onboard with kids her age at that time but unlikely as we probably will be getting ready for dinner or a show. The drinks package for her for a week is $205 Canadian so I was planning on buying some sodas for her and bringing on board.  Would they let her get a soda during the HH if I'm getting a drink?  Seems odd if she cant just because her address is different from mine.

We were in this situation a couple of years ago, lacking only 3 or 4 Captain's Club points for Elite Plus, so we took a six night cruise to be Elite Plus for a Mardi Gras cruise. I'm not sure why I cared so much to move up to Elite Plus. We will  be in our mid-eighties by the time we get to Zenith. 

This is what we learned though. If you do book a short cruise to get your three points, make you sure you book it well enough ahead of your next cruise to get the credit. As I recall, it took at least a couple  weeks for the new status to be posted and credited to us. 

Edited by Silvery Seas Cruiser

On 12/21/2019 at 2:46 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

"The worst problem with being Elite Plus is even thinking about trying another mass-market cruise line as we get no perks at all."

Not exactly.  Other cruiselines will match your status.  I think the worst part of being Elite+ is the vast distance between that and Zenith.

Just curious. Do you know of Princess will match an Elite Plus status or Holland American, per chance?

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

No she does not live with me so we'll just get drinks in another bar. I won't leave her by herself unless shes doing something onboard with kids her age at that time but unlikely as we probably will be getting ready for dinner or a show. The drinks package for her for a week is $205 Canadian so I was planning on buying some sodas for her and bringing on board.  Would they let her get a soda during the HH if I'm getting a drink?  Seems odd if she cant just because her address is different from mine.

I'm just letting you know what the C&A policy is for the DL. We like the policy and have seen DLC enforce it. You can always enjoy your C&A HH drinks that are loaded on your Sea Pass card in one of the bars and lounges with your granddaughter and buy her a soda. 

12 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Just curious. Do you know of Princess will match an Elite Plus status or Holland American, per chance?

Princess and Holland America do not status match at all. None of the Carnival Corp lines recognize each other's points  

The only thing they do is give past passenger rates on their lines but no benefits.

3 minutes ago, helby said:

Princess and Holland America do not status match at all. None of the Carnival Corp lines recognize each other's points  

The only thing they do is give past passenger rates on their lines but no benefits.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Very disappointed in the answer, but glad I won't be wasting time trying to get some consideration from those cruise lines.

13 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I'm elite on celebrity and diamond on royal. Will be taking my granddsughter on a march break cruise on the oasis. Apparently they load 3 drinks per day onto your card which is good from 5 to 7 pm.  Are there any other perks that you get? The 3 drinks must be consumed in the diamond lounge which just happens to be a few cabins away from mine on deck 12.   Can my granddaughter go with me if she wants a soda?

Rotal C Website lists the Diamond Perks... posting on Royal Board may yield better info. The nightly lounge on Oasis was awesome( adults only)...nice location and a full buffet when we sailed her... Nice  lite breakfast as well.