Premade sandwiches, no more baggie???

MogeyMan

6 minutes ago, TAD2005 said:

I bring my own plastic baggies and also my own plastic straws.  And I reuse them.  So the Turtles don't have to worry.

I bring baggies too, but have no desire to pick up a sandwich that has been out in the open and unprotected from people who decided to touch the bread to see how fresh it was or possibly consider it and put it back.  Shades of Oceania - no thank you 😚

1 hour ago, TAD2005 said:

The chips on HAL are paper thin.  How do you pick them up with tongs without ending up with a dish full of potato chip crumbs ?   HAL would probably save more money (and that is the real issue) by putting them out in bags, like before.   Plus, where do you put the chips after you have "tonged" them out of the bowl ?   You need a plate to take back to your cabin.    Maybe bring your own plastic baggies and re-use them.

Fill a small bowl with them, invert another to cover them. Easy to take back to cabin.

On the Volendam, the large bowl they put out was under the "sneeze guard" and had sides two or three inches high, making it difficult to manipulate the tongs effectively.

Edited by Wehwalt

1 hour ago, zonk42 said:

Huh. I must not be picky. I had a premade sandwich on several occasions on Zuiderdam last week and thought they were pretty good. Add some fresh fruit and I’m a happy camper. 😀

Were they wrapped in baggies?

On 12/22/2019 at 11:20 AM, VMax1700 said:

When I was full time working a  sandwich was the usual lunch food.

Now, when I go cruising the last thing I want is a sandwich. 😅

I agree!  

There are so many really good things in the lido for lunch......I can eat a sandwich at home.....but the cannonball burger at the dive in, the salads, the fish n chips, the bread pudding, the pizza, the ice cream, the stir fry....oh my. 

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

I agree!  

There are so many really good things in the lido for lunch......I can eat a sandwich at home.....but the cannonball burger at the dive in, the salads, the fish n chips, the bread pudding, the pizza, the ice cream, the stir fry....oh my. 

Some of us actually like and enjoy a sandwich for lunch - even on vacation (oh, horrors!).  But would I pick an unwrapped, premade one?  Nope.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Throw a couple sandwich baggies in your luggage...take with you to get your sandwich  for later!

As usual your advice is misguided.  The issue is the sandwiches are sitting out uncovered.  Putting them in a baggie after they've been sitting out and people have been coughing over them or touching them is not the answer.

• Like 2