Suite guarantee

lizinindy

26 minutes ago, lizinindy said:

Moby Jones--how do you STAY on the UK site? I go to the UK celebrity site but as soon as I look up my cruise, it reverts back to prices in US dollars and the web address doesn't have the UK in it anymore.

Sorry I missed this. You'll need to change your ip address by masking so the website can't tell you're in the US. As ECCruise obviously does this from there he can tell you how he does it. :)

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question - I have not been on X for a couple years (tried a few other lines), but I do have Elite status with X. I have booked a suite guarantee on an Alaska sailing (Eclipse) in July 2020. When I've gone to do mock bookings, the site tells me that there are only 4 SS remaining, 7 CS and 2 RS. In the past when I have booked a suite guarantee, I was advised right after booking of my suite number- even though the cruise was a few months away...wonder when I'll hear this time? - I know, we never know!

My question is, this "Move UP" thing is new to me - is there any possibility that someone who has booked a "Suite Guarantee" can partake in the program? Does Captain's Club status play any role in selection if offered the chance to bid (even if they don't say it does)? 

I will be happy with any suite on the Eclipse, I'm just happy it's not Reflection. That was our last cruise on X, and we were in an RS. I remember during that sailing that we often had to wait for a table in Luminae as there are so many more suites on Reflection than the other S-Class ships...at least that shouldn't be an issue on Eclipse.

Thanks,

Shawn

15 minutes ago, KW Cruisers said:

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question - I have not been on X for a couple years (tried a few other lines), but I do have Elite status with X. I have booked a suite guarantee on an Alaska sailing (Eclipse) in July 2020. When I've gone to do mock bookings, the site tells me that there are only 4 SS remaining, 7 CS and 2 RS. In the past when I have booked a suite guarantee, I was advised right after booking of my suite number- even though the cruise was a few months away...wonder when I'll hear this time? - I know, we never know!

My question is, this "Move UP" thing is new to me - is there any possibility that someone who has booked a "Suite Guarantee" can partake in the program? Does Captain's Club status play any role in selection if offered the chance to bid (even if they don't say it does)? 

I will be happy with any suite on the Eclipse, I'm just happy it's not Reflection. That was our last cruise on X, and we were in an RS. I remember during that sailing that we often had to wait for a table in Luminae as there are so many more suites on Reflection than the other S-Class ships...at least that shouldn't be an issue on Eclipse.

Thanks,

Shawn

First, if you booked a suite guarantee you might not get a Move Up offer.  Forget what shows available for a July 2020 sailing.  Lots of those may be group booking holds, people who have double and triple booked, etc.  If you have a suite guarantee you will get that.

I think the Reflection issue may be cruise and dining time specific.  We just got off Reflection a little over a month ago and never waited even 30 seconds for a table (almost always with a choice of locations) the entire time.  This was around 7:00-7:15 every night for 14 nights.

7 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

No it is not that bad. Some people are more sensitive than others to sound. It seemed to be only in the morning. I know my mother would have a horrible time. The sound of the gas furnace kicking on in the morning at home will wake her up. I dont just want say all is great, when I dont know the person. As I said about 2133 or 2131. It was real bad for me. Our last cruise with friends on Eclipse they had no problems in the same suite. Maybe when we cruised their was a bearing issue. My intent was to give someone options ahead of time to bring with them.

As to Reflection. It is a different S Class ship. I have never had any problems being under the pool deck, others have. If I remember right 2152 is a old AquaSuite great suites with a shower wall in the tub. If I had my choice I would want 2154 as 2152 is right across from the electric sliding door, but I dont think you would hear the door from inside your suite.

only 2157/2159 available right now on the hump.   2152 WAS listed as an Aqua suite on an early X deck version and I wondered where that came from.  Any other 'different' suite attributes or concerns under the pool deck?  Noise from the band above when out on balcony?  Appreciate any comments.

Edited by oceangoer2

3 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

only 2157/2159 available right now on the hump.   2152 WAS listed as an Aqua suite on an early X deck version and I wondered where that came from.  Any other 'different' suite attributes or concerns under the pool deck?  Noise from the band above when out on balcony?  Appreciate any comments.

We had booked Reflection 2154 last summer for a Eastern Med cruise. We changed to Eclipse Western cruise out of Barcelona to cruise with friends. We have cruised in 2131 on Reflection. It was also a old AquaSuite. I did not like 2131 as it was to far forward on the port side. All was great except the last sea day returning to Florida. Waves were to high. To much bouncing for my liking. I dont really get sea sick, but I got a feeling of what it is like. The only thing I noticed different was the shower wall in the tub. Like the shower wall in Aqua, but in the tub. The photos are from March 2016 a old AquaSuite on Reflection. Reflection is the only Celebrity ship that had AquaSuites.

room.jpg

shower.jpg

Edited by bigbenboys
added words

11 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We had booked Reflection 2154 last summer for a Eastern Med cruise. We changed to Eclipse Western cruise out of Barcelona to cruise with friends. We have cruised in 2131 on Reflection. It was also a old AquaSuite. I did not like 2131 as it was to far forward on the port side. All was great except the last sea day returning to Florida. Waves were to high. To much bouncing for my liking. I dont really get sea sick, but I got a feeling of what it is like. The only thing I noticed different was the shower wall in the tub. Like the shower wall in Aqua, but in the tub. The photos are from March 2016 a old AquaSuite on Reflection. Reflection is the only Celebrity ship that had AquaSuites.

room.jpg

shower.jpg

Thanks for the pics....this S1 doesn't seem as large as the corner Silhouette S1 #8349 on our last cruise.  Perhaps it's longer where the corner suites are wider?  Also the closet is in a different place and the shower head is on a wand instead of the ceiling, etc.  Was there a light in the closet when you opened it?  Many differences I think.

NCHPcruiser—you don’t have to wait for a move-up offer. Go to “overview” after doing a search for Move-up on the website search area. That’s where you put in your last name and your reservation number and it will either bring up all the move-up offers available or it will tell you you’re too far out from your cruise yet.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:52 AM, oceangoer2 said:

Is it really that bad you need ear plugs?  we're booked in S1- 2152 Reflection next cruise, on the hump, under the start of the pool area (I think).  I've checked the Solstice link where cabin descriptions have mentioned 'very quiet' and 'seldom hear from above'.  Made a mistake maybe??

We have stayed on the Reflection hump multiple times.  We love it.  Not a mistake.  

On 12/26/2019 at 7:37 AM, mafig said:

I have a question about Edge guarantees.  If it shows no S3 availability, starts at S2, does that mean there still could be a chance we'd end up with a S3?

Yes.    Depending on when they assign your room.   I was on one Guarantee and at 10 days still had not been assigned a room.   I won a move up to a Royal so worked out well for me.

On 12/26/2019 at 1:02 PM, ECCruise said:

First, if you booked a suite guarantee you might not get a Move Up offer.  Forget what shows available for a July 2020 sailing.  Lots of those may be group booking holds, people who have double and triple booked, etc.  If you have a suite guarantee you will get that.

I think the Reflection issue may be cruise and dining time specific.  We just got off Reflection a little over a month ago and never waited even 30 seconds for a table (almost always with a choice of locations) the entire time.  This was around 7:00-7:15 every night for 14 nights.

I booked a Suite Guarantee and got a move up offer.   I won an upgrade to a Royal.

I understand that the gating factor is if your Travel Agent participates, I understand that the Big Box Chain doesn't.   Also and most important is you have to be signed up for accepting promotions.

You can still bid usually even if not invited by clicking on the hamburger button top left and choose Celebrity Move-Up and it will take you to the bidding location.      I had one that would not work so I clicked on the button to contact move up.   I gave them my reservation number and the next day I got an invite.

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I booked a Suite Guarantee and got a move up offer.   I won an upgrade to a Royal.

I understand that the gating factor is if your Travel Agent participates, I understand that the Big Box Chain doesn't.   Also and most important is you have to be signed up for accepting promotions.

You can still bid usually even if not invited by clicking on the hamburger button top left and choose Celebrity Move-Up and it will take you to the bidding location.      I had one that would not work so I clicked on the button to contact move up.   I gave them my reservation number and the next day I got an invite.

I am trying to understand how this works.  You won an upgrade by bidding on an RS at a much higher price than your original suite guarantee?  Or a similar price?  How late in the process?  Just prior to boarding? Thanks!

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the info Jim. So did you bid on the Move UP before you were assigned a suite with your suite guarantee?

Shawn

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I am trying to understand how this works.  You won an upgrade by bidding on an RS at a much higher price than your original suite guarantee?  Or a similar price?  How late in the process?  Just prior to boarding? Thanks!

When I received the Move-Up offer they had CS and RS's open for bidding.    I believe that I bid a little over the minimum offer.   I believe the Minimum was $500 pp and I bid $555.    The price of the Royal was about 4X the price of the Suite Guarantee -  approximately  $2,200 for Suite Guarantee and Royal was $8,200.  

So I ended up paying $3,300 total vs $16,400 if I had booked an upgrade.   

Hope this explains how it worked for me.     I'm sure it must be unusual to win the good of an upgrade.

I bid at 30 days prior to the cruise and was notified at 7 days prior to cruise. I still did not have a room assignment but would have been happy with a Sky Suite under the Suite Guarantee.

image.png.bff24157fd494c5df837221c97bd28d4.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, KW Cruisers said:

Thanks for the info Jim. So did you bid on the Move UP before you were assigned a suite with your suite guarantee?

Shawn

Yes I bid on the Move Up at 30 days and even when I won at 7 days I had not been assigned a cabin.   They told me cabins can be assigned as late as when you show up at the piers on a guarantee.  

On 12/25/2019 at 9:03 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Once you have a cabin assigned you can call your agent or celebrity and change to any room in the same classification (at least that is true for U.S. Bookings).   I have done it a number of times.  

Also as you get past final payment keep checking and if rates decrease in a classification above yours you can upgrade as long as the price is $1 more than your existing reservation.  

2 hours ago, brockmom said:

Does it have to be a booking made directly with celebrity ? This wouldn’t include a booking with an agent Would it ?

thanks !

I made my reservation with a travel agent and got the email. Not all agencies participate - the big box one in particular does not - so if your agency is one that does not, you will not get the offer or, I assume, be able to access it on your manage booking screen either.

4 hours ago, brockmom said:

Does it have to be a booking made directly with celebrity ? This wouldn’t include a booking with an agent Would it ?

thanks !

My reservation was made on board and then transferred to an agent.  

We were in 2131 on the Equinox a couple of years ago and heard noise a couple of times, but not bad.  I've got on two more cruises - on on Eclipse and one on Solstice.  

I don't understand why cruiselines (not just X) put the high end rooms directly under the buffet.

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I received the Move-Up offer they had CS and RS's open for bidding.    I believe that I bid a little over the minimum offer.   I believe the Minimum was $500 pp and I bid $555.    The price of the Royal was about 4X the price of the Suite Guarantee -  approximately  $2,200 for Suite Guarantee and Royal was $8,200.  

So I ended up paying $3,300 total vs $16,400 if I had booked an upgrade.   

Hope this explains how it worked for me.     I'm sure it must be unusual to win the good of an upgrade.

I bid at 30 days prior to the cruise and was notified at 7 days prior to cruise. I still did not have a room assignment but would have been happy with a Sky Suite under the Suite Guarantee.

image.png.bff24157fd494c5df837221c97bd28d4.png

Jim- Thanks for the explanation and it seems like a great deal for you!  It is nice to see it work out once in a while!

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Jim- Thanks for the explanation and it seems like a great deal for you!  It is nice to see it work out once in a while!

To help put things in perspective.   I have bid on 4 other cruises and did not win an upgrade.   I guess it depends on how other passengers bid.   The one I won was a relatively short cruise and I believe most passengers booked smaller more economical cruises.