Sky Princess Questions

Denmal

We were on the sky in November on the transatlantic and a few things were not quite finished, wondering if they got done yet

1. TVs programmed on the treadmills in the Gym 

2. Add more chairs to the Sanctuary

3. Elite gift bags being given 

Thanks to anyone who can answer that has been on the Sky in the pas few weeks in the Caribbean 

1 hour ago, Denmal said:

1. TVs programmed on the treadmills in the Gym 

2. Add more chairs to the Sanctuary

3. Elite gift bags being given 

No TV hookup last week on treadmills/bikes

No elite toiletry bags.  We were on for 2 weeks, didn't get the princess tote bag the first week, but did the 2nd.  Saw people with them the first week, so assume some stewards gave them out.

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No TV hookup last week on treadmills/bikes

34 minutes ago, Loverofdogs said:

Are the TVs programmed on the elipiticals?

None of the exercise equipment was set up for TV programming.

Gym staff said an app needed to be developed but checking with a Navigator supervisor he said that was wrong.  The exercise equipment has the TV built into it like on other Princess ships.  He said that techs would be working on a solution to the problem of the equipment & ship’s system being incompatible with each other.  That was a month ago & kywildcatfanone wrote the problem hadn’t been corrected by last week.

Not to sound crotchety, but I can understand not having the Elite toiletries on the first transatlantic cruise since the products are probably originating in the US but am surprised this continued. 

I know it’s a small thing, but if you’re going to offer it as a perk to your highest level travellers, then you should have it. I quite enjoy finding it in the stateroom on embarkation day. It wouldn’t affect my trip in any negative way, but is a small touch that we look forward to. 

Our cabin steward used a washcloth to make a pouch to provide the available upgraded toiletries to us on each turnaround day (7/7/14) of our 28 day cruise in November...lip balm, linen spray, nail file, scrubber.  On the sink counter was a pump container of lotion but that might have been in every cabin next to the pump container of hand soap...no bars of soap.

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our cabin steward used a washcloth to make a pouch to provide the available upgraded toiletries to us on each turnaround day (7/7/14) of our 28 day cruise in November...lip balm, linen spray, nail file, scrubber.  On the sink counter was a pump container of lotion but that might have been in every cabin next to the pump container of hand soap...no bars of soap.

Our cabin steward did the same at the beginning of our 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruise a couple weeks ago.

And, when we were in the Sanctuary we overheard the staff a couple of times discussing the absence of loungers and saying that more were supposed to be coming. There did not seem to be as many loungers as we've noticed in the Sanctuary on other ships, and there definitely were not enough to accommodate all the people who wanted them. There certainly seemed to be space for more, and I hope they will be getting more.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Boarded 12/28 and asked steward that day about the elite toiletry kit. He said that currently they only had 3 items for the kit and he hoped others would arrive that day; if additional, different items showed up, he’d then get us a complete kit. 

Today is 12/31 and so far, no kit. Guessing no more items were shipped. 

On 12/31/2019 at 2:38 PM, gotta cruise again said:

Boarded 12/28 and asked steward that day about the elite toiletry kit. He said that currently they only had 3 items for the kit and he hoped others would arrive that day; if additional, different items showed up, he’d then get us a complete kit. 

Today is 12/31 and so far, no kit. Guessing no more items were shipped. 

Yeah they are being sent out by helicopter.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, gotta cruise again said:

We did also get lip balm, emory board & shower cap on 1/2/20; no bag but they were laid out nicely on the bathroom counter. 

I suppose the helicopter couldn’t make it because the weather was so nice!! lol

But, if the helicopter didn't make it then how did the crew get back onboard, I've heard that they don't sleep on the ship, but, go ashore every night via helicopter. LOL!

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

twodaywonder, the Princess website says the Crown Grill is open at 5:30pm

Well looks like I still have problems using a computer. I looked all I could find was the menu and video.Thank you so very much. Trying to figure out what to do, they are overlapping. In the Theater. It shows the Rock Opera Theater Deck 7, 8:00 - 8:45 then the  Comedian Theater Deck 6, 8:30 - 9:15 Both in the Theater one on deck 6 lower lever  and the other deck 7. Upper level. Confusing for me.

4 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Well looks like I still have problems using a computer. I looked all I could find was the menu and video.Thank you so very much. Trying to figure out what to do, they are overlapping. In the Theater. It shows the Rock Opera Theater Deck 7, 8:00 - 8:45 then the  Comedian Theater Deck 6, 8:30 - 9:15 Both in the Theater one on deck 6 lower lever  and the other deck 7. Upper level. Confusing for me.

I looked at my personalizer for my upcoming cruise.  Under the specialty dining all three restaurants have three dining times. 5:30/7:30/9:30.  However I would stop by the crown grill and see if you can get a time that is more suitable for you; so you don't miss any shows.  

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I looked at my personalizer for my upcoming cruise.  Under the specialty dining all three restaurants have three dining times. 5:30/7:30/9:30.  However I would stop by the crown grill and see if you can get a time that is more suitable for you; so you don't miss any shows.  

As soon as we board we will head to there. We do want 5:30. Thanks again. 

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Those times are not how the restaurant actually books.  Those are simply the available times provided in the Personalizer.  You can book other times on board, on a space-available basis.

Edited by steelers36

On 1/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, CruiseVA said:

But, if the helicopter didn't make it then how did the crew get back onboard, I've heard that they don't sleep on the ship, but, go ashore every night via helicopter. LOL!

According to the comedian, the helicopter was for the "Elite" night excursions.. (We were on the 12/3 3-day and the 12/7 7-day) ***Not Elite, yet***

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I thought the helicopters were only used to pick up the morning newspapers for Ellie and suite passengers.  

Actually they toss them out when they drop the crew off  - LOL!  My comment is based on actual questions that passengers have asked crew according to various interviews with CD's...