The haven question

DCLCrazy

My sister will be in the Haven and I will be in a balcony. She is under the impression that I will get to come visit her and be with her at the pool in the Haven but I don’t believe that to be true. Does anybody have any experience with this?

The Concierge's and their helpers along with the butlers know everyone who is in the Haven within a day. I saw a couple trying to beat the system by having their friends spend the day with them in the Haven courtyard. It didn't last long and was embarrassing for both couples when they tried to lie about it

Edited by Laszlo

Any idea where your sister got this impression?  Haven guests pay a premium to have access to all of the associated amenities.  If your sister is in the Haven and you are not, she will have to leave that area to hang out with you, not the other way around...unless you hang out in her room (as others have said).  If you both want the Haven experience, you might consider the 2 bedroom suite or even the aft penthouse, which offers additional sleeping and bathrooms.  

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

The previous comments are all correct - you will not be able to utilize the the majority of the haven amenities in order to keep the amenities available to all Haven guests with some exceptions.  

1.) Depending on the crowd and the concierge, it is common to allow non-haven guests to attend the haven restaurant at a fee ($35). 

2.) Speak with the concierge and again, as long as it does not inhibit other Haven guests experience you may be able to take advantage of the priority boarding / disembarkation.  

3.) You can hang out in her haven suite and use the in-room amenities all you like :).  There are a ton of new movies for free on demand and coffee.  

It really depends on the ship so the best option is to be up front with your concierge when you board.  They've always been super up front with me and understanding.  

3 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Our last cruise had self-identified Haven Police. If a Haven guest sees another guest hanging out there without a Haven colored card.... Look out! You'll be watched like hawk and reported if you make yourself too comfy. I've seen it happen. 🙄😮

really can't blame the Haven guest...... you pay a premium for the perks so why would someone who doesn't pay expect to get the same ones.  No one is entitled to something they didn't earn or purchase. 

5 minutes ago, AlexandNessa said:

Our last cruise had self-identified Haven Police. If a Haven guest sees another guest hanging out there without a Haven colored card.... Look out! You'll be watched like hawk and reported if you make yourself too comfy. I've seen it happen. 🙄😮

I've got no problem with the so called Haven Police.  Folks pay a lot more to be in the Haven and enjoy areas without crowds and if one passenger lets their friends in, pretty soon others will do the same and then you have an overly crowded Haven and devalue the Haven experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NLH Arizona said:

I've got no problem with the so called Haven Police.  Folks pay a lot more to be in the Haven and enjoy areas without crowds and if one passenger lets their friends in, pretty soon others will do the same and then you have an overly crowded Haven and devalue the Haven experience.

Like what happened over the summer when NCL sold access to the Haven restaurant?

Maybe it is time to go back to one class cruising. Yes, nicer and bigger staterooms for those who want them

but no areas off limits. I have been in the Haven 7 times and after our next cruise  I will be going back  to a regular cabin.

There were too many unmet expectations by the way they advertise it plus too many awkward scenarios cruising with non-Haven cruisers.

Edited by Peachypooh

• 2 weeks later...

A non-Haven guest cannot eat in the Haven restaurant.  NCL did not implement the non-guest $35 policy because of the backlash of Haven guests.  We have sailed in the Haven on numerous ships and some guests have asked the Concierge for this for their guests and the answer has always been - so sorry, unless you are a Haven guest, you cannot eat in the restaurant.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:43 PM, Peachypooh said:

Maybe it is time to go back to one class cruising. Yes, nicer and bigger staterooms for those who want them

but no areas off limits. I have been in the Haven 7 times and after our next cruise  I will be going back  to a regular cabin.

There were too many unmet expectations by the way they advertise it plus too many awkward scenarios cruising with non-Haven cruisers.

My opinion is that they shall keep the Haven but I agree with you that there has been too many unmet expectations.

They should either change the way they advertise it or change the Haven so that is what they advertise it to be.

Nicer and bigger staterooms is not important for us. We book suites for the perks. 

Edited by sverigecruiser