RCI Now Charging For Shows?

When looking into making show reservations for a Symphony cruise I was very surprised to see there appears to be a charge “from $59” for Hairspray! Although over the years we have seen it twice on RCI ships, there was never a charge for this or any other show on board. Additional information mentioned meeting the cast and an included drink. Almost seemed to be a listing for a special enhanced experience that cost extra. Last year the show on the Harmony was free (as usual).  When did charging start? Or am I missing something? 

Thanks for any info!

I’m very glad to hear that! At first I thought that’s what the fee was for Dash and in Hanst experience as they put it. However, I have been unable to find the showtime listings or make a reservation for hairspray without choosing the pay option - ?? I am pretty sure I was doing it right because I was able to pull the times up for both the water and ice shows. Also could not bring up any of the times for the comedy shows. Maybe some website glitch or one of the “now you see it, now you don’t” things that occasionally appear on the RCI website. 
Thanks very much for your reply and if you have any tips to get around this, please advise.

I just tried to book Hairspray (not the enhanced tour version) and this time 
was able to access thr dates/times and book the regular, free performance-only version. Was also able to see the times for the comedy show and book that as well. Assume that it actually was a temporary glitch when I tried before posting my original question. (Think I prefer the old set show schedules! Much simpler.)

Imho, the enhanced version isn’t worth it.  On the Liberty, they sat you in row #1, gave you a free drink (not needed with drink package), and there’s was only a few of the cast to meet, and not always the stars. 

Just a backstage experience. I’m not sure why people get all excited to “meet the cast”. There are actually many opportunities where the cast performs in small venues and you can chat with them for a few minutes.  If I’m not mistaken, the Columbus staff on harmony performed one evening at jazz on four

Enjoy the complementary shows!

M