half moon cay

esimon

Chairs are free, but they only go so far down the beach. Nothing stops you from dragging chairs from the standard area down the beach. Don't recall seeing umbrellas for rent. They do have clamshells for rent, but those would be in the "crowded area", and can't be moved.

no umbrellas.  I have seen some people bring their own, but they aren't very sturdy.  Half Moon Cay is so beautiful,  that the one time we did rent a clamshell, we didn't use it much.  HMC got eliminated from our upcoming cruise FEb 5th, so I am jealous!

41 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Don't tell anybody but if you are early on the beach there are a few hammocks (or at least there were last year) far down the beach.  

(We've managed to enjoy those on several HMC stops)

Won't tell a soul!! 

On 1/5/2020 at 9:22 AM, esimon said:

Interested in the cost of renting chairs and umbrellas down the beach - away from the mass  of chairs?    Any info would be great - don't want a clam shell.  Just umbrella

No umbrellas but they do rent Manta sun shelters for about $12. You could take it to wherever you like on the beach. An internet search will show you lots of examples. They are a little tent with a floor that is supposed to work for 2 people. I have not tried them nor have I seen many people using them. 

On a hot day,  those clam  shells  can get uncomforably warm as lttle  breeze enters.  We  'visited friends to chat a few times but never  took one for ourselves.  I did not like siting in them.  They were not a place a could be  comfortable and relax.

Are there any shady places to sit without renting something?  We will be there in early February.  We've signed up for the early walking tour but then did not have any plans after that.  We are not sunbathers or snorkelers.

3 hours ago, comcox said:

Are there any shady places to sit without renting something?  We will be there in early February.  We've signed up for the early walking tour but then did not have any plans after that.  We are not sunbathers or snorkelers.

There is shaded areas, along something of a tree line at the "back" of the beach. But it is not the smoothest area...roots, sloped, pine needles from the trees. Some of the hammocks mentioned above are located in the tree areas.

6 hours ago, comcox said:

You can always sit in the covered areas by the BBQ....picnic benches but it IS a seat!