Soft drinks in stateroom

marylovestotravel

9 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

I have heard in the past that you can make a special request for different brands/types of soft drinks. Has anyone ever made a request for Fever Tree ginger beer?

Mia

Fever Tree anything may be a stretch. Though the brand's popularity in the US is growing rapidly (particularly the tonics) it may not yet be able to make "the cut" on what O is willing to acquire. BUT, it never hurts to ask. Just make sure that your request is made at least a month +\- before you cruise.  

BTW, just got confirmation that our fridge (for a 2/3/20 Nautica cruise) will be stocked with Pellegrino and Coke Zero.

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Fever Tree anything may be a stretch. Though the brand's popularity in the US is growing rapidly (particularly the tonics) it may not yet be able to make "the cut" on what O is willing to acquire. BUT, it never hurts to ask. Just make sure that your request is made at least a month +\- before you cruise.  

BTW, just got confirmation that our fridge (for a 2/3/20 Nautica cruise) will be stocked with Pellegrino and Coke Zero.

Love the San Pellegrino orange! I remember travelling with someone who would always ask for Coke Zero. Amazing, most places had it!

Mia

1 hour ago, Queen of DaNile said:

FWIW special requests need to be submitted 60 days prior to sailing. We had a small hold up on a request but the Food and Beverage Director was able to contact their supplier in Tenerife to get what we needed when we arrived there.

Thanks, I'm contacting my travel agent right now!

Mia

13 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

I have heard in the past that you can make a special request for different brands/types of soft drinks. Has anyone ever made a request for Fever Tree ginger beer?

Mia

Because it is such a little know product.... maybe only available  in your local. I would seriously doubt it.,...  You can select popular brands available world wide    

15 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Has anyone ever made a request for Fever Tree ginger beer?

If your cruise leaves from a US port and you cannot get a confirmation from Oceania about Fever Tree, consider bringing some onboard with you.

• Like 3

Thank you to those who participated in this thread.

I didn't know we could make special requests for soft drinks.

Our TA has now requested that Fresca be stocked in our stateroom fridge for our cruise on Sirena in April.

I haven't seen a list of what soft drinks are normally stocked. Since Fresca is a Coke product it may be one of the ones normally available, but it seems obscure enough that it probably isn't.

17 minutes ago, Clutj said:

I am curious as to what other specific drinks people have requested and gotten stocked in their in-room fridges.  I didn't know you could do that.  Thanks in advance.

Caffeine free Diet Coke + Perrier.

4 hours ago, Clutj said:

I am curious as to what other specific drinks people have requested and gotten stocked in their in-room fridges.  I didn't know you could do that.  Thanks in advance.

I usually request Coke Zero and Diet Tonic Water. I think Schweppe’s was provided.

20 minutes ago, Clutj said:

Can you request beers in your fridge if you have the Premium Beverage package that includes them?

I think that's a no, but you can have Room Service or your Butler bring them. If in suites above PH, not including PH, they will have beer in the frig. You can also pick one up and take it with you and stock it yourself. 

3 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

We're boarding from Lima, so don't have that choice. Que sera sera!

Mia

That being the case I would hold out much hope to get Fever Tree in Lima either - but you never know.

Worth a try.

On 1/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Clutj said:

Can you request beers in your fridge if you have the Premium Beverage package that includes them?

Maybe not in advance but not a problem after you board.  We just returned from the Insignia and our Butler saw we weren't soft drink people.  I was bringing Bud Light from the bar and DW was doing Club Soda.  After the second day most of the Coke disappeared from the refrigerator and were replaced by beer and club soda.  After that I never had less than two bottles of beer in the refrigerator.  We had the premium beverage package.  I also had no problem getting more than one bottle (unopened) from Waves to take to the cabin.  

13 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Maybe not in advance but not a problem after you board.  We just returned from the Insignia and our Butler saw we weren't soft drink people.  I was bringing Bud Light from the bar and DW was doing Club Soda.  After the second day most of the Coke disappeared from the refrigerator and were replaced by beer and club soda.  After that I never had less than two bottles of beer in the refrigerator.  We had the premium beverage package.  I also had no problem getting more than one bottle (unopened) from Waves to take to the cabin.  

That is great to hear.  And really shows great service that's totally consistent with the policy around a premium beverage package.  A mini fridge can only hold so many bottles, so cost to O isn't really relevant.  It's touches like that that make one loyal to Oceania.  Wonder whether it is butler (and bartender) initiative or whether Oceania policy addresses it one way or the other...

17 minutes ago, clo said:

Lima is a big city. Wonder why they don't fave Fever Tree.

Well - we don’t exactly live in the middle of nowhere.

That said, when I put in a search for that brand of Ginger Beer there were only 2 supermarkets in the 10 mile radius from us that carry that product.

When the radius was extended to 25 miles it still was only 5 stores where one could buy that product (Only one in reasonable driving distance).

That said, many restaurants/bars in the area do carry the product but it wouldn’t be a place where I could actually buy it.

I don’t know that Lima would be much different as this is not a product of Peru.

But - you never know.

4 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Well - we don’t exactly live in the middle of nowhere.

That said, when I put in a search for that brand of Ginger Beer there were only 2 supermarkets in the 10 mile radius from us that carry that product.

When the radius was extended to 25 miles it still was only 5 stores where one could buy that product (Only one in reasonable driving distance).

That said, many restaurants/bars in the area do carry the product but it wouldn’t be a place where I could actually buy it.

I don’t know that Lima would be much different as this is not a product of Peru.

But - you never know.

I imagine if Oceania would source it from one of their bulk food supplier. 

Mia

21 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

I imagine if Oceania would source it from one of their bulk food supplier. 

Mia

It depends on where they are before your cruise and where they were re-supplied last.

If they had just cruised from Miami to Lima, for example, they might have been re-supplied in Miami and Fever Tree would not be a problem. If, on the other hand, they are coming from Rio or Buenos Aires to Lima, that may be a different story.