Anyone Currently on Jewel?

18 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

To anybody who has this cruise booked from our experience this week ok the weather may have been a little disappointing but we’ve had and are still enjoying a good cruise please don’t cancel we are sure you will enjoy it.

We definitely given the opportunity another year will be coming back.

In fact we have three days land based in our return but wish we’d booked a back to back it certainly would have been no more expensive.

Still I’m sure we’ll enjoy our three days at the end.

Look forward to reading other folks thoughts and experiences of the cruise in the coming weeks.

Norwich Cruiser can you not enquire about a B2B2B and stay on till we're there, the week commencing the 12th?!

You sound like a very funny person and I think we'd get along with similar sense of humour!

3 hours ago, Gingerbint said:

Norwich Cruiser can you not enquire about a B2B2B and stay on till we're there, the week commencing the 12th?!

You sound like a very funny person and I think we'd get along with similar sense of humour!

We’d absolutely love to stay onboard and meet you both but our grandchildren duties are be calling us we were lucky to get a pass out from our daughter for this long.

Next cruises are Anthem from Southampton and Allure from Barcelona so you never know hopefully our paths may cross.

On 1/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Excellent happy friendly crew.

Just curious....Who is the Activity Manager on your sailing?  I keep a list of Activity Managers on Cruise Critic and would love to know who currently is onboard to update my list.  THANKS!

53 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Just visited and been to the top of Burj Khalifa 829.8 metres,

Well worth a visit a great experience highly recommend  

Is the weather better out there today?  Heard there was bad floods yesterday in Dubai, it caused quite a few flight delays 

12 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Just curious....Who is the Activity Manager on your sailing?  I keep a list of Activity Managers on Cruise Critic and would love to know who currently is onboard to update my list.  THANKS!

It's Talita from Brasil. She is a hard working woman whereas her boss , Cruise Director Andrea is a dud

10 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

It's Talita from Brasil. She is a hard working woman whereas her boss , Cruise Director Andrea is a dud

Just her general education could be better. During the morning shows it was always a little embarrassing when she knew nothing about history, art, countries and culture and also did not care. But she is a good dancer..

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

But she is a good dancer..

That's a shame.

I've seen some fantastic Cruise Directors that were very entertaining and 'made' the cruise but could not dance... so I wouldn't say that's a good qualification for a CD to have.

We had to be off the ship by 08.30 this morning and now have a few days in Dubai which apparently had floods yesterday and 75% of the flights were grounded.

The roads were flooded as they do tend to get heavy rain and the roads don’t appear to have any drains or drainage.

To sum up.

We did have an enjoyable cruise albeit the weather could have been better but the next few days are looking good.

MDR food and service was up to the usual standard and we did enjoy our lunch in Chops Grille.

However on reflection the Windjammer offerings were really not up to what we have been used to with a generally poor selection of hot food and no last day lunch time special buffet which has been the norm a shame.

Not to be prejudiced but not sure we’d really want to cruise with a ship quite full with so many Russians again some of whose manners left a lot to be desired they got worse as the cruise progressed and extremely aggressive with it.

Damond lounge was good after day one when they got it sorted and opened up an overflow but they were very strict about taking drinks out not that it mattered as we have the three drinks options anyhow.

They did not mind you taking bottles of water out.

Somehow they managed to make several errors on our bill ( not that it was a lot ) along with many others cruisers and we had three visits to guest services to sort it out.

Excellent stateroom and steward well located on deck eight.

Master Anders Ingerbrigsten Norway

Chief Engineer Georgi Lechev Bulgaria

Hotel Director Antonio Muresu Italy

Cruise Director Andrea Olivieri Italy

Talita Activities Manager ( Very Good )

If you are thinking of booking this cruise we would definitely say give it a go just hope you are blessed with better weather.

Thats all folks!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Reason I'm asking about the onboard drink package price is I've never bought one before as I didn't t really drink enough to make it worthwhile.  I'm also D+ and have lounge access, however, I feel the alcohol prices are getting really high and the package is almost making it worthwhile unfortunately.  I might try it for the final 3 or 4 days (can't remember how many days needs to be left on the cruise to purchase it) and was comparing prices.

My friend boarded today and posted a pic of “boarding day special”. I would hope that is the price including the 18% 😬

We are also D+ and never buy it. Make do with the lounge and the wine we bring on board and the c&a wine! 

Edited by little britain

Thanks for all this info.  I will be on B2B in March.  Did you have to get a Visa for each country.  This morning it looked like visas are required for Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Jordan.  

Can anyone let me know if the ship handles this or do we have to get a visa from each country,

Thanks.

10 hours ago, normannna said:

Reason I'm asking about the onboard drink package price is I've never bought one before as I didn't t really drink enough to make it worthwhile.  I'm also D+ and have lounge access, however, I feel the alcohol prices are getting really high and the package is almost making it worthwhile unfortunately.  I might try it for the final 3 or 4 days (can't remember how many days needs to be left on the cruise to purchase it) and was comparing prices.

I agree, the alcohol prices are getting really high, but for me the package will never be worthwhile as they are priced really high as well !

Just can't seem able to justify upwards of £700+ for a week of drinks. Would rather put it towards another cruise.

Incidentally' the package can be purchased with a minimum of four days remaining.

7 hours ago, suzycruize said:

Thanks for all this info.  I will be on B2B in March.  Did you have to get a Visa for each country.  This morning it looked like visas are required for Bahrain, Qatar, Oman and Jordan.  

Can anyone let me know if the ship handles this or do we have to get a visa from each country,

Thanks.

BAHRAIN - in-transit cruise passengers will get a visa upon arrival to Bahrain and landing card for a stay no longer than 24hrs.

QATAR - in-transit cruise passengers will get a visa waiver upon arrival to Qatar.

OMAN - Cruise ship visitors are exempt from the new visa rules and are granted a free visa on arrival if their visit is for less than 48 hours.

JORDAN - never been there so cannot answer.

The ship will collect passports at check-in and obtain the necessary entry-exit-visa stamps at each port.

You just need to have sufficient blank pages in your passport for all the entry-exit stamps.

Edited by icsys

On 1/13/2020 at 9:57 AM, Norwich Cruiser said:

To sum up.

However on reflection the Windjammer offerings were really not up to what we have been used to with a generally poor selection of hot food and no last day lunch time special buffet which has been the norm a shame  We judged the Windjammer food as excellent compared to our previous cruises on Jewel in 2019. Chef Stacylee and WJ manager Stefan are a perfect team!

Not to be prejudiced but not sure we’d really want to cruise with a ship quite full with so many Russians again some of whose manners left a lot to be desired they got worse as the cruise progressed and extremely aggressive with it. I commented the same and my post was removed. So I will absolutely second this statement. A shame that the "reputation" of the Jewel deliberately run down by RCCL. Hundreds of unruly and non-mannered Russians especially during meal hours in WJ are unacceptable

Excellent stateroom and steward well located on deck eight.

Master Anders Ingerbrigsten Norway (invisible for 5 weeks; never showed up in public except the welcome event.)

Chief Engineer Georgi Lechev Bulgaria (excellent)

Hotel Director Antonio Muresu Italy (the cheapest in the fleet)

Cruise Director Andrea Olivieri Italy (macho gigolo)

Talita Activities Manager ( Very Good ) (excellent and hard working)

If you are thinking of booking this cruise we would definitely say give it a go just hope you are blessed with better weather and much fewer Russians.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, icsys said:

BAHRAIN - in-transit cruise passengers will get a visa upon arrival to Bahrain and landing card for a stay no longer than 24hrs.

QATAR - in-transit cruise passengers will get a visa waiver upon arrival to Qatar.

OMAN - Cruise ship visitors are exempt from the new visa rules and are granted a free visa on arrival if their visit is for less than 48 hours.

JORDAN - never been there so cannot answer.

The ship will collect passports at check-in and obtain the necessary entry-exit-visa stamps at each port.

You just need to have sufficient blank pages in your passport for all the entry-exit stamps.

Every time we were in Oman we were charged a tax on our sea pass cards regardless whether we went ashore or not.

The last time was February 2017 on Vision.

Edited by grapau27

3 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

I honestly couldn’t have told you the name of the chef or windjammer managers name in all honesty it’s something we’ve never bothered with.

Pleased you enjoyed the Windjammer more than we did on this particular cruise it certainly won’t stop us however from frequenting it on future cruises we obviously visited it at the wrong times.