Looking for Ovation info

bullsh

This is the first time sailing on quantum class and what I have seen it looks amazing. Just trying to figure a few things out any help is appreciate.

1) what eating  venues are include? ( no extra charge)

2) How is dinner done did not see mdr?

3) will entertainment open on cruise planner or will need to book after we board the ship?

we are on the 9/4 sailing to Alaska.

There's no set time for entertainment (or other items) to open.  Keep checking the Cruise Planner.

There are 4 restaurants that comprise the MDR.  Two are normally assigned to My Time and two and normally assigned to Traditional.  Menus and food are identical, the only difference is decor.

Some of the included food venues we remember:

* Cafe Two70

* Hotdogs inside the Seaplex

* Solarium Bistro

* Of course, the Windjammer

* Sorrentos

We love the Ovation...Happy Sailing!

(The IFly was our favorite.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Some of the included food venues we remember:

* Cafe Two70

* Hotdogs inside the Seaplex

* Solarium Bistro

* Of course, the Windjammer

* Sorrentos

We love the Ovation...Happy Sailing!

(The IFly was our favorite.)

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

There's no set time for entertainment (or other items) to open.  Keep checking the Cruise Planner.

There are 4 restaurants that comprise the MDR.  Two are normally assigned to My Time and two and normally assigned to Traditional.  Menus and food are identical, the only difference is decor.

Thank you 

If you have a beverage package you can get your coffee from Le Patisserie but the food costs extra there. I mention this because its usually not as busy as the coffee bar at the windjammer in the morning. There are also a couple of dinning rooms open for breakfast (no extra charge) which are not as busy as the windjammer. Go to the buffet one as the one with table service (called Silk) was slow and they got orders mixed up.

One of the dinning rooms has a salad bar (no extra charge) at lunch with all sorts of yummy things - chicken, cheeses, hams, antipasto - and also a dessert bar. I think this was American Icon.

Someone already mentioned Solarium Bistro for dinner. You book for this and it is considered specialty dinning but does not cost anything. Food was very good and reasonably healthy - dips, antipasto etc as well as a main that you order from a menu.

Cafe at 270 is mostly free (a few cakes at the coffee bar cost extra) and is open for breakfast and lunch. they do a delicious grilled cheese sandwich called Harvest. It is ham, brie or camembert cheese with slices of granny smith apple on a fruity bread (cranberry maybe?). I enjoyed this with a glass of wine on my balcony.

Lastly I was assigned the Chic dinning room (no extra charge) for the late dinner seating where both the food and service were great. I was a solo and they treated me very well. In fact all the staff on the ship were great.

Don't forget to show up early for the shows if you want better seats.

Happy Cruising!

45 minutes ago, newfielover said:

I have enjoyed the solarium on the Allure and Oasis several times in the Caribbean. What is the solarium like in Alaska? This might sound silly, but what is the temperature like in there? 

It’s warm. Sometimes people open the windows to get pics and see the wildlife better but then they are shut pretty quickly. If you are going to the glacier that’s a day I would suggest dressing warmer for solarium as all of the windows are usually opened. 

2 hours ago, Mike From Syd said:

If you have a beverage package you can get your coffee from Le Patisserie but the food costs extra there. I mention this because its usually not as busy as the coffee bar at the windjammer in the morning. There are also a couple of dinning rooms open for breakfast (no extra charge) which are not as busy as the windjammer. Go to the buffet one as the one with table service (called Silk) was slow and they got orders mixed up.

One of the dinning rooms has a salad bar (no extra charge) at lunch with all sorts of yummy things - chicken, cheeses, hams, antipasto - and also a dessert bar. I think this was American Icon.

Someone already mentioned Solarium Bistro for dinner. You book for this and it is considered specialty dinning but does not cost anything. Food was very good and reasonably healthy - dips, antipasto etc as well as a main that you order from a menu.

Cafe at 270 is mostly free (a few cakes at the coffee bar cost extra) and is open for breakfast and lunch. they do a delicious grilled cheese sandwich called Harvest. It is ham, brie or camembert cheese with slices of granny smith apple on a fruity bread (cranberry maybe?). I enjoyed this with a glass of wine on my balcony.

Lastly I was assigned the Chic dinning room (no extra charge) for the late dinner seating where both the food and service were great. I was a solo and they treated me very well. In fact all the staff on the ship were great.

Don't forget to show up early for the shows if you want better seats.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you 

On 1/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, twangster said:

The only show that will be bookable in the cruise planner will be Pixels in Two70°.  All main theater shows are first come, first seated.

and even then you can walk up 5 minutes before.  Especially the upper level and using the door from the hallway of rooms.

21 hours ago, newfielover said:

I have enjoyed the solarium on the Allure and Oasis several times in the Caribbean. What is the solarium like in Alaska? This might sound silly, but what is the temperature like in there? 

of note, for taking photos you will get a bit of glare from roof glass as well as sides.

Take a few photos and then go outside either on the front wings or outside and up along pool or seaplex.