HELP CHOOSING SHIP, Majesty or Rhapsody

• Clarea changed the title to HELP CHOOSING SHIP, Majesty or Rhapsody
12 minutes ago, Bleueyes44 said:

Is the Park Cafe similar to Cafe Promenade ?

In some ways.

Park Cafe has more options for breakfast, including a bagel bar.  Lunch includes salads made to order, paninis, wraps, and a hot roast beef sandwich.  Late night snacks include pizza slices.

Nice thing about Cafe Promenade is that it's open almost 24 hours.  Park Cafe is not open 24 hours, maybe 1am or 2am on Rhapsody.

For late night food, Majesty has Sorrento's, which serves pizza.  

Majesty has Johnny Rockets.  Rhapsody does not.

If you are Diamond or above, this will interest you.  (if you are not, it won't):  Rhapsody has a Diamond Lounge.  Majesty has no C&A lounge.

Rhapsody's oceanview and interior cabins are small.  Majesty's are smaller.  Neither will have a refrigerator in those cabins.

Majesty has no balcony cabins.  In order to get a balcony, you must book a Junior Suite or higher.

Majesty has the best Schooner Bar in the fleet.

• Like 1

I did the westbound TA on Rhapsody in November. We were in an Ultra Spacious oceanview on deck 3 and we did have a refrigerator. Cabin steward was awesome. Best diamond concierge, Grecia. There were so many diamond and above that on day 3 they gave us all a coffee card good for 2 free speciality coffees per day in the solarium cafe or dining room. Enjoyed the enclosed solarium but it filled up early. Wifi worked great but the entire system was down for 2 days. The card readers in the slot machines didn't work for 6 out of the 14 nights but they did double the amount of points you earned on the days that they were working. I personally wouldn't do another TA on that size ship but if you can deal with disembarking in Tampa (it was horrible) I would choose Rhapsody over Majesty.

5 minutes ago, Namelocg said:

I did the westbound TA on Rhapsody in November. We were in an Ultra Spacious oceanview on deck 3 and we did have a refrigerator. Cabin steward was awesome. Best diamond concierge, Grecia. There were so many diamond and above that on day 3 they gave us all a coffee card good for 2 free speciality coffees per day in the solarium cafe or dining room. Enjoyed the enclosed solarium but it filled up early. Wifi worked great but the entire system was down for 2 days. The card readers in the slot machines didn't work for 6 out of the 14 nights but they did double the amount of points you earned on the days that they were working. I personally wouldn't do another TA on that size ship but if you can deal with disembarking in Tampa (it was horrible) I would choose Rhapsody over Majesty.

What did you experience that made the disembarkation horrible in Tampa? 

I would hands down choose Rhapsody in terms of ship. I love sailing out of New Orleans and did it when they had larger ships there, but I wouldn't be able to handle 7 nights with several sea days on Majesty. 

Rhapsody will give you the option of specialty dining, more bars and lounges, balcony cabins, a better itinerary (IMO), somewhat more modern design, etc. Rhapsody has a great Solarium which I would miss on Majesty. Like MM said, Rhapsody's cabins are small, but Majesty's are TINY.