Two ships in port at Coco Cay

I was just there last week on the Anthem and another ship was in port too.  I was great, there is so much room, it never felt too crowded.  The pool had a lot of people in it but we were never "bunched" up.  The swim up bar was crowded but it was like going to a bar on land...people are there sitting at the bar (not bad).  Servers everywhere to get you drinks.  Empty chairs could be found.  I had a cabana and I believe they were all sold out.  The lunch venues were excellent, not crowded and plenty of them to choose from.

My kids did the waterpark.  As Clarea said the lines were long, in the morning.  But if you wait until later in the day to do the slides you'll be fine.  My kids did the wave pool early, ate lunch, and back to wave pool.  Slides were no or very minimal waiting later in the afternoon.  My 9 yo did the splash water area (no cost one) and even that wasn't crowded. 

They really did a great job with the island. I was there in 2/2018 when the pier was under construction and I was so impressed.  I love Disney Cruise Line and I must say Perfect Day at Coco Cay was better considering they have options for the entire family.  I would love to go back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

Thanks! I'm just hoping for a spot on the beach. 

If you get off early, you should have no issues getting your pick of what you want.  We got off within the first hour we were allowed to and it seemed empty and the other ship was already there and unloaded before us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nectarologist said:

If you get off early, you should have no issues getting your pick of what you want.  We got off within the first hour we were allowed to and it seemed empty and the other ship was already there and unloaded before us.

Thanks! That is great news!

We were on the symphony over New Years and while the general resort never felt crowded, the waterpark had such long lines our kids were able to go on two rides all day. They were told to come back around 2 when the lines were really long for the tall water slide in the morning. However, around 1pm half day tickets were being sold so the lines never decreased

Granted it was a holiday cruise with tons of kids, but we all felt the money ($89) for admission to the waterpark was pretty much a waste of money due to the long lines. 

Other than that Cococay was beautiful and chairs were plentiful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cindivan said:

We were on the symphony over New Years and while the general resort never felt crowded, the waterpark had such long lines our kids were able to go on two rides all day. They were told to come back around 2 when the lines were really long for the tall water slide in the morning. However, around 1pm half day tickets were being sold so the lines never decreased

Granted it was a holiday cruise with tons of kids, but we all felt the money ($89) for admission to the waterpark was pretty much a waste of money due to the long lines. 

Other than that Cococay was beautiful and chairs were plentiful. 

I'm glad you said this.  We will be on the Harmony over mid winter break and there will be us and the empress.  The water park tickets are now up to 124.99!!!!  There is no way I am paying $250.00 for my daughter and I to go on a couple slides when we have slides on our ship.

17 minutes ago, cindivan said:

They were $60. For reference we paid $89 in the cruise planner and they were selling for $99 on the ship. 

Wow..... we were on one of the first ships  to visit and I booked our full day water park tickets for $37 about a year before sailing on the planner.

I guess Royal have ‘adjusted’ this due to it being so popular.  Even at $99 dollars I’d be tempted though, the wave pool is so much fun!

1 minute ago, Tin can said:

Wow..... we were on one of the first ships  to visit and I booked our full day water park tickets for $37 about a year before sailing on the planner.

I guess Royal have ‘adjusted’ this due to it being so popular.  Even at $99 dollars I’d be tempted though, the wave pool is so much fun!

Holiday sailings are also higher than other times.  My SIL booked her kids last October for $59.

1 minute ago, cindivan said:

Holiday sailings are also higher than other times.  My SIL booked her kids last October for $59.

Good to know, we hope to make another visit to Coco Cay from the UK very soon.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Beautiful picture but I bet it wasn't a beautiful perfect day at CocoCay with up to 1100 people trying to find spots to enjoy the day.

With the openings of Coco Beach Club and South Beach, there should be even more space for folks to spread out.

9 minutes ago, soremekun said:

With the openings of Coco Beach Club and South Beach, there should be even more space for folks to spread out.

I guess we'll have to wait to see what those that actually experienced it have to say. I would imagine very long lines for everything.