2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

My kids you to sing a song about it’s the song that never ends goes on and on my friend, over and over, feel the same every time I see, what time can I fly out etc.

A nice notice on the top of the page with the facts.

Stay the night if you’re international flight is before 1:00 PM, have a leisurely breakfast and exit off the ship.

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We can't be rebel greenies, we're cruisers. The ocean is blue so we have to be rebel blueys. 🤣

In Australia, a bluey can be many things, a dog, a blue bottle, a fly, a steak, a cheese and now a cruiser. We really are a weird mob aren't we.

• Haha 1

or humping bluey, so just to keep really off track here is letter to a paper from one of my great Uncles Thomas Lacey Lawson, printed in 1896 re Humping Bluey, just for some Aussie education.

Looking for employment is a bit different now!!

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/123784969?searchTerm=woman humping bluey&searchLimits=

3 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

or humping bluey, so just to keep really off track here is letter to a paper from one of my great Uncles Thomas Lacey Lawson, printed in 1896 re Humping Bluey, just for some Aussie education.

Looking for employment is a bit different now!!

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/123784969?searchTerm=woman humping bluey&searchLimits=

That's fantastic! I read the article with interest but am none the wiser as to that particular colloquialism. (Does it actually mean 'looking for work', 'doing it tough', or what???)

Also. Any relation? (Have to ask)

3 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

That's fantastic! I read the article with interest but am none the wiser as to that particular colloquialism. (Does it actually mean 'looking for work', 'doing it tough', or what???)

carrying a swag, a bundle of your belongings.

Usually unemployed and homeless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Humping Bluey - carrying a swag

A great Uncle, originally from the Barossa , South Australia, then Broken Hill. I found this article when doing my ancestory and the conversation of Bluey reminded me of it!!

edited to say, someone answered your question!

Edited by cheznandy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Ok, back on topic,  can anyone tell me how much time I need to get to the airport..........

You need to get there before the plane leaves but after the ship docks, so I need more details, like which airport?

30 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You need to get there before the plane leaves but after the ship docks, so I need more details, like which airport?

Badgery's Creek, is that far from the new port at Botany Bay?