Cabin difference

Not a username2

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

All veranda cabins are the same size on S class ships. I would not pay anything to "up grade" to a concierge cabin. You get a bottle of cheap bubbly, MDR lunch on embarkation day and 2 points more per night. That's it.

It's M class, I would be more interested in room location with CC, if there is any benefit to that?

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To me it would not be worth $130 pp for a 7 night cruise.   About all you get is embarkation lunch in MDR and extra points per night.   Also remember the $130 may just be the minimum bid.

Could I be guaranteed a better cabin location? To me that would be worth the money.

Aqua gives you Persian Garden Access and Blu for dining, that has some real value.  I wouldn't put that value at $400.00, but many people would.  Concierge Class benefits to me have no real value.  And, if you do a Move-Up offer, you do not get the Captain's Club points for the higher category cabin, but instead get olny those for the cabin you originally booked.

Harris

Denver, CO

On "S" class, veranda and Concierge cabins are the same.  

On "M" class veranda cabins are listed as 170 Sq. Ft.  / veranda  33 Sq. Ft.   Concierge cabins are 191 Sq. Ft. / veranda 41 Sq Ft. .  

For us the difference is worth the extra bucks.

• Like 1

Just now, Not a username2 said:

Could I be guaranteed a better cabin location? To me that would be worth the money.

No.  Any Move-Up can be any cabin within the category.  If you're happy with your current cabin, you could easily get something less desirable, especially if you go to Aqua Class, which has a lot of cabins under the pool deck. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, omeinv said:

No.  Any Move-Up can be any cabin within the category.  If you're happy with your current cabin, you could easily get something less desirable, especially if you go to Aqua Class, which has a lot of cabins under the pool deck. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Are CC cabins all good cabin locations though? Any obstructed cabins in CC?

On the M class, the C1 Concierge, which are Aft facing are great because they have huge balconies.  Otherwise, I don't think any have particularly bad locations. Before I put a Move-Up bid in, I'd look at the current price to do a paid upgrade.  If you do that you get to select your cabin, and you get the additional Captain's Club points.

You can use the "sticky" at the top of the Celebrity forum here, and and the site www.cruisedeckplans.com to help in cabin selection. 

Feel free to use the link in my signature if I can help with specifics.

Harris

Denver, CO

2 minutes ago, omeinv said:

On the M class, the C1 Concierge, which are Aft facing are great because they have huge balconies.  Otherwise, I don't think any have particularly bad locations. Before I put a Move-Up bid in, I'd look at the current price to do a paid upgrade.  If you do that you get to select your cabin, and you get the additional Captain's Club points.

You can use the "sticky" at the top of the Celebrity forum here, and and the site www.cruisedeckplans.com to help in cabin selection. 

Feel free to use the link in my signature if I can help with specifics.

Harris

Denver, CO

Fantastic info, thank you!

We’ve gone with C SR’s on M-Class a number of times. More room, larger veranda and more than a few C SRs have extended verandas. from my knowledge, there are no ‘bad’ location C Class SRs (obstructed views and so on). 

My very biased/subjective opinion is I’d go with it. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

To me it would not be worth $130 pp for a 7 night cruise.   About all you get is embarkation lunch in MDR and extra points per night.   Also remember the $130 may just be the minimum bid.

I agree that it is not worth the cost.  However if you do get the move up cabin, I don't think you get the additional points when you change cabin categories through the move up process.

2 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Are CC cabins all good cabin locations though? Any obstructed cabins in CC?

No obstructed , but from looking at the ships a lot of the aqua cabins have a pole going thru the Sid of the balcony.  We book concierge because of extra points and we usually get it cheaper than a regular balcony, embarkation lunch is nice,

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

We’ve gone with C SR’s on M-Class a number of times. More room, larger veranda and more than a few C SRs have extended verandas. from my knowledge, there are no ‘bad’ location C Class SRs (obstructed views and so on). 

My very biased/subjective opinion is I’d go with it. 

Den

1 minute ago, Perky1 said:

No obstructed , but from looking at the ships a lot of the aqua cabins have a pole going thru the Sid of the balcony.  We book concierge because of extra points and we usually get it cheaper than a regular balcony, embarkation lunch is nice,

Fantastic, this is what I'm most enquiring about. If I've got the best chance to have a good cabin location then I think it's worth it.

The CC cabins in M class are bigger. I liked that.

The C2 locations are very good, if you’re not into “afts”.

I thought the embarkation day lunch would be a nice perk, until I’ve discovered 1) that the menu is very limited and 2) the hours are even more limited — 11.30-13.00.

The extra points also will not “help” me, since I don’t cruise much and I’m already elite 😁

One thing we appreciated when we were able to get CC cabins for very minimal increases was the cooked to order room service breakfast. In a regular balcony, you can get coffee, tea, pastries and fruit, but in CC and Aqua (and, I assume, suites) you can also get cooked to order hot items like eggs, meats, and more. We appreciated having a hot breakfast on our balcony before showering and heading out for the day. We always got our meal at the beginning of the requested delivery window. 

The extra points helped, as well. Our next cruises will be B2B2B2B for 50 days, and we will be most grateful for four bags of laundry each. Now that we have that benefit, we are unlikely to seek points unless it's a terrific deal, as the distance to the next level is significant.

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The CC cabins in M class are bigger. I liked that.

The C2 locations are very good, if you’re not into “afts”.

I thought the embarkation day lunch would be a nice perk, until I’ve discovered 1) that the menu is very limited and 2) the hours are even more limited — 11.30-13.00.

The extra points also will not “help” me, since I don’t cruise much and I’m already elite 😁

Yes, embarkation for me is 8 pm, so we'll miss out on that, although it's always nice having a bigger cabin and location.

By the way...Not the famous poker player are you?

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

One thing we appreciated when we were able to get CC cabins for very minimal increases was the cooked to order room service breakfast. In a regular balcony, you can get coffee, tea, pastries and fruit, but in CC and Aqua (and, I assume, suites) you can also get cooked to order hot items like eggs, meats, and more. We appreciated having a hot breakfast on our balcony before showering and heading out for the day. We always got our meal at the beginning of the requested delivery window. 

The extra points helped, as well. Our next cruises will be B2B2B2B for 50 days, and we will be most grateful for four bags of laundry each. Now that we have that benefit, we are unlikely to seek points unless it's a terrific deal, as the distance to the next level is significant.

Wow that's a huge bonus! I thought veranda cabins were able hot breakfast. 

Really... for $20 more a day pp, I'd get guaranteed better cabin location, bigger room AND hot breakfast delivered... Think I've made the decision!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Wow that's a huge bonus! I thought veranda cabins were able hot breakfast. 

Really... for $20 more a day pp, I'd get guaranteed better cabin location, bigger room AND hot breakfast delivered... Think I've made the decision!

Hubby just clarified for me that regular verandas do have an egg sandwich on the menu (think Egg McMuffin) and you can get cooked to order breakfast for $7 extra per person. So at $14 for hot breakfast, the extra $6 for the points could be worth it.

Edit: Oops, you're talking $260 total over 7 days, not $20 per day, total. Either way, I think yo've got good information for making your decision.

Enjoy!

Edited by MamaFej