Secrets and Splurge worthy options on Horizon?

Derbie

2 hours ago, beshears said:

Question.  So is the Pasta Bar the same thing as Cucina Del  Capitano?  I understand you can eat at Cucina Del Capitano for lunch free.  If you have eaten here for there free, was it worth going to?  I know paying for the "whole" meal is worth it, but I wanted to know if the lunch is just pasta, or what?

Yes, for lunch it's called The Captain's Pasta Bar and is located in Cucina del Capitano. I haven't had it yet, but we'll be on Horizon in March and thanks to a bunch of pictures a user posted last year, we're really looking forward to trying it.

Here's the menu: https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/pasta-bella-menu.pdf

It's kind of a build-your-own pasta. Pick the pasta, sauce, & any extra toppings.

4 hours ago, beshears said:

Question.  So is the Pasta Bar the same thing as Cucina Del  Capitano?  I understand you can eat at Cucina Del Capitano for lunch free.  If you have eaten here for there free, was it worth going to?  I know paying for the "whole" meal is worth it, but I wanted to know if the lunch is just pasta, or what?

I think it is worth it considering there is no upcharge and the food is pretty good.  But the food isn’t as good as eating dinner there, which has a $15 upcharge   I have never seen it get too crowded at lunch, but that likely varies from cruise to cruise. 

6 hours ago, amydresh said:

We will be sailing a year from now...on the Dream there was a "private deck" up front that was unknown to most cruisers so we were the only ones out there.  Does The Horizon have a deck like that?

Yes. There is even a really cool one in the spa area with padded chairs.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, Organized Chaos said:

The Skybox.

How is the line at Pig & Anchor BBQ for lunch? If it's long, does it move fast? That's the nice thing about Guy's Burgers. They have two lines and both move pretty fast.

Thanks!  We went on a Port day before disembarking, no line at all.  so I think we got there around 11:00-11:30.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, amydresh said:

We will be sailing a year from now...on the Dream there was a "private deck" up front that was unknown to most cruisers so we were the only ones out there.  Does The Horizon have a deck like that?

CC won't let us post a link to the site, but if you do a search for Carnival secret decks, it should be the first search result (cruisin .me). Scroll down and look for a drop-down menu to view a map of how to get to them on Horizon. They're on decks 6, 7, 9 (accessed from 10), 10, 11, & 14.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos, I'm not saying this is the deck, but we have a deck (window room) right in front of our room on the end.  They call our room the secret room, because we can walk right out our door to the deck.  Also, the stairs going down to deck 5 on the Horizon is there also. Thanks for letting me know about the Captain's Pasta Bar for lunch as well.

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

The "secret" deck off the spa on deck 14 is really nice. Small intimate area with nice padded couch like seating.  Some of the other secret decks don't have seating or only a hard bench.

Would the sister ship vista have this same thing?

Jiji kitchen was good I reserved two nights for my trip glad I did the first night and last night.

We booked JiJi ahead of time I suggest doing that. 

But I did see someone get a large bucket of crabs and seafood I'm thinking the seafood shack it looked delicious we didn't try it but next time I probably will.

Secret deck I would say near the pixel gallery which is near bars not many people used the outdoor chairs in the area everyone is usually in the typical spot serenity or lido deck area .