Cocktails/Drinks/Bar Menu

welwyngirl

We have pre-booked a basic drinks package and I notice this includes drinks up to $9.  Interested to know what the prices are.  Thinking our favourite cocktail,  Cosmopolitans, may be more than this.  Does anyone have a recent menu please?

Thanks in advance.

Lesley

26 minutes ago, stratixman said:

I thought the signature drink package covered drinks up to $11. 

Yes that is correct - up to $11 per drink. If you need more there is the Elite Signature Package that will give you up to $15 per drink, and costs just a little more than the regular Signature Package.

39 minutes ago, stratixman said:

I thought the signature drink package covered drinks up to $11. 

Correct...the price is now $11. If the OP looks around the board there are dozens of threads discussing the drink packages. Some include links to menus, prices, types of alcohol, etc.

58 minutes ago, welwyngirl said:

We have pre-booked a basic drinks package and I notice this includes drinks up to $9.  Interested to know what the prices are.  Thinking our favourite cocktail,  Cosmopolitans, may be more than this.  Does anyone have a recent menu please?

Here is a link to the Bar Menu, courtesy of Roger Jett. But it is a year old, and may not be accurate anymore. 

It doesn't list cocktails by name, but instead lists them by the main alcoholic ingredient. So, since the main alcoholic ingredient of a cosmopolitan is vodka, you choose which vodka you want off the list, and that is the price of any cocktail made with it. At least I think that is how the menu works.

I think you will be able to keep the price of your drinks below the $11 threshold, as long as you don't choose an expensive brand of vodka.

Here is the link: Bar Menu

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom O. said:

Here is a link to the Bar Menu, courtesy of Roger Jett. But it is a year old, and may not be accurate anymore. 

It doesn't list cocktails by name, but instead lists them by the main alcoholic ingredient. So, since the main alcoholic ingredient of a cosmopolitan is vodka, you choose which vodka you want off the list, and that is the price of any cocktail made with it. At least I think that is how the menu works.

I think you will be able to keep the price of your drinks below the $11 threshold, as long as you don't choose an expensive brand of vodka.

The bar menu link above is from three weeks ago 12/21/19.  Each bar will have an added list of special drinks for that specific bar.  Current reports here on CC indicate that you can request any drink that the bartender knows how to make.  Ask for the price beforehand.

Edited by Crew News

2 hours ago, Tom O. said:

Thanks for all the responses.  Good to know we won't be deprived of our favourite drinks.

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

The bar menu link above is from three weeks ago 12/21/19.  Each bar will have an added list of special drinks for that specific bar.  Current reports here on CC indicate that you can request any drink that the bartender knows how to make.  Ask for the price beforehand.

The max price with the SBP is $11, and that is Menu price.  Elite package is $15 per drink max price.  You do not have to figure in the 15% service charge, because it has already been paid when you purchase the package.   If you got the SBP by a HAL promotion, the 15%  service charge has already been paid.

The base price of the SBP remains at $44.95 per day, plus 15% SC.  The Elite package has been reduced to $49.95 per day, plus 15%.  Both prices are online, you must buy them online before your cruise to get those prices.

I have a SBP with an upcoming cruise and understand the $11 price point, 15 drinks max a day.  What I am wondering is how the service charge is managed with each drink.  My understanding is the service charge is included....does that mean you have to buy a drink less than $11 and the drink you purchase plus the service charge equals $11?  Thanks for any info about this! 

38 minutes ago, Bkmat said:

I have a SBP with an upcoming cruise and understand the $11 price point, 15 drinks max a day.  What I am wondering is how the service charge is managed with each drink.  My understanding is the service charge is included....does that mean you have to buy a drink less than $11 and the drink you purchase plus the service charge equals $11?  Thanks for any info about this! 

No, you don't have to buy a drink costing less than $11 in order for the tip to "fit". The $11 drink price is all you need to worry about. Again, there are many threads about this around. 

• 2 weeks later...

As others have said...Signature Package gives you up to $11 per drink ordered.  In December on Nieuw Amsterdam... I ordered double scotch consistently.... that counted as 2 against the 15 daily limit ... as long as I stayed at the $11 or less selections.  As I had the package, I did not have to be concerned with the gratuity.

20191208_183904.jpg

Edited by CruisingAndDiving

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 10:24 AM, welwyngirl said:

We have pre-booked a basic drinks package and I notice this includes drinks up to $9.

I know you've been told by just about everyone that it's actually $11.  I'm just posting to say it's a little disappointing that HAL still has not updated all their correspondence to the accurate cost. 

2 hours ago, saltshell said:

So glad this has been posted. I received the package with my Norway Fjord cruise and was also worried about the service charge tip. Now if I can find a wine I like within my price point. Thanks

Here is the current wine list from which you can choose:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Wine-List.pdf

Hi saltshell.  Wines are not HAL's strong suit.  The Clos du Bois Chardonnay listed for $14/glass or $55/ bottle is $8 per bottle at my local grocery.  Big mark up for a so so wine!  I get the drink package but mainly drink beer or mixed drinks with it.  At home I mostly drink wine.  If you mostly drink wine, I would get the wine package instead. (Or bring some on board with you.......then again if you are in Norway you probably wouldn't want to buy some there $$$$)

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
added