Mariner - snacks for a finicky 3 year old

Thank you for this topic! I can relate so much. I have a super picky (and stubborn!) 5 year old who we've been trying to break for over a year now. He does eat pizza, yogurt, and french fries though. 

Can anyone comment on whether yogurt is readily available on Mariner? And would we be able to bring Pediasure and possibly juice on board? (I like the Honest juices as they're no sugar added.)

1 hour ago, Saria213 said:

Thank you for this topic! I can relate so much. I have a super picky (and stubborn!) 5 year old who we've been trying to break for over a year now. He does eat pizza, yogurt, and french fries though. 

Can anyone comment on whether yogurt is readily available on Mariner? And would we be able to bring Pediasure and possibly juice on board? (I like the Honest juices as they're no sugar added.)

Yogurt is available at breakfast.  Not sure about other times, but if you ask they may be able to fetch some.

You are allowed to bring on 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages each no larger than 500ml.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:41 AM, Evilgrin72 said:

Sailing on Mariner this spring and my brother's son, who's almost 4, has entered a phase where he doesn't want to eat almost everything.  He ate all kinds of stuff when he was younger, but now, will throw just about anything you try to feed him on the floor.  Specifically, he'll eat only the following :

Potato chips

Crackers

Cookies

Chocolate Milk

And that's pretty much it.  My sister-in-law is concerned that they may have trouble finding these specific items on board, can anyone who's sailed recently or maybe anyone who's sailed RCL with a toddler with a similar issue let me know of these specific items are available on board and where/when?  Thanks in advance.

My son is 5 and been on two cruises so far. He's a very picky eater, but both cruises made him eat more/different things. All the playing in the pool areas, excursions to beaches (the food they have is all you can choose from) makes a difference. 

He was just plain hungry so he was willing to try foods that he saw my husband, older son and I eating. 

This was on CCL and we aren't cruising RCL until March, but the plan is to bring goldfish, packs of crackers, etc like we've done the last two times. As long as its unopened packages and in your luggage, you're fine.  We let him snack while we were in the room, but in the restaurants and on-shore we made him make do with what was available. 

It's really helped to get him eating new stuff at home. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:01 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Regarding the chips on mariner, we sometimes find them in the solarium café.    

They were a very limited variety, and sometimes only the salt and vinegar is available.  They  also seem to run out very quickly.

Op -I would suggest bringing some packages of his favorite chips or snacks. 

I know that many people tell you the snacks have to be factory sealed, but we have brought Ziploc bags of pretzels, nuts, and some licorice with no problem.  I’m sure that sounds like a strange combination, but that is usually what is left over from our drive to port.   

I never bring fruit on board, I assume it is not allowed and in any case, there is playing on the ship. 

M

Solarium Cafe?

Didn't notice one yet

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Solarium Cafe?

Didn't notice one yet

Yes—I messed up on that one. Got my ships confused. While sitting in the solarium today I  realized there is no cafe. I believe I was thinking of the small cafe on Brilliance. 
SORRY. 

m

Edited by cruisegirl1