Classic Beverage pkg/Martini Bar

NC Fred

My wife is a lover of Cosmo's and Lemon Drop Martini's . With the Classic Pkg will they be permitted in the Martini Bar without an up charge.?

I think I read on this forum you can get a  1/2  size premium Martini with the Classic Pkg. Is this true?

Sailing in 2 weeks on the Equinox and would sure like to know prior what is included.

With the Classic package if she wants a martini at the Martini Bar she can pay the difference  between the $9 limit on the Classic package and the cost of the martini + 20% gratuity.  I believe the large martinis are $12 or 13. So a charge of $3.60 or $4.80.

many times it depends on the ship and the Bev Manager

There is a classic Cosmo and the premium one from the Martini Bar.  

You can get the classic at most bars.  They use well vodka, and Triple Sec.  

The Martini Bar uses Premium Vodka and Cointreau.   They are the only place that makes it that way.  My wife likes Cosmos and gets them at the Martini Bar.  We were in the theater and she ordered one.   They served a smaller glass and my wife said it didn’t taste the same and as good.  We asked about it and was told even though we have a premium package the only place you can get the better Cosmo is at the Martini Bar. 

We asked the BT at the Martini bar about it and he told us the difference

The Classic is also the same that they serve at the receptions that serve free drinks and for the Elite HH.

if they don’t have the smaller glasses at the Martini Bar ask them to make it and put it into a Manhattan glass.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Only 1 size martini at the Martini Bar that I am aware of.  Can either just pay the difference, or for about $10 per day (or so) upgrade to the premium package, which gets you other things (my wife likes the inclusion of San Pellegrino water) in addition to the Martini Bar.

I was surprised when on the Reflection this past Sept., they were making smaller martinis at the Martini Bar during Elite Happy Hour.  Also, you can request a specific vodka, rum, etc(. ie Absolut, Barcadi) for your drinks if included on the classic package or as stated, they will just use well liquor.  We usually just pay the difference at the Martini Bar.  Enjoy!

Definitely ship/cruise dependent.  Most of the time,  you can get one of the four "classic package" martini's at the Martini bar....occasionally they need some pleasant nudging.....

However, on some cruises, the bartenders say they can't make it for you and +claim they don't have the right glass.  that, of course, is ridiculous...you can serve a martini in any glass...just don't fill it.  They do, in fact, have the smaller glasses used for the flights....of course they could use that glass...you are on a package....so you get two small flight glasses vs one regular size glass.  You aren't paying for the glass, you are paying for the contents. 

Actually, now that I think about it, the Martini Bar IS one of the bars at which you can get the Captains Club Happy Hour drinks.  A Cosmo is included on that list.  So I think the bartender would be hard pressed to tell you he couldn’t make a Cosmo on the Classic Package.

15 hours ago, NC Fred said:

My wife is a lover of Cosmo's and Lemon Drop Martini's . With the Classic Pkg will they be permitted in the Martini Bar without an up charge.?

I think I read on this forum you can get a  1/2  size premium Martini with the Classic Pkg. Is this true?

Sailing in 2 weeks on the Equinox and would sure like to know prior what is included.

If your wife likes lemon drop she may enjoy a blue moon. Gin based with lemon and blue curacao. Twist of lemon on top.