Where's the ice cream on Harmony???

2 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

The self serve machines is not ice cream. 

Ice cream can be located in the MDR. Also some ships have scooped ice cream in the Windjammer for dinner. This is not self served.

we have seen ice cream in the Windjammer at lunch on the Harmony..

as Villager70 said, go to the back of the Windjammer to get your hand scooped ice cream.  We got off Harmony today and it was so nice having a dish of real ice cream every day at lunch.  Yesterday,, they had coffee ice cream  plus vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.  Day before, it was pistacho with the other 3.  Plus, there are a couple of small bins of chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, M&M's, nuts and a few other 'toppers' next to the bins of  spoons.

If the set up is similar to Oasis & Allure, the soft ice cream stations should be located at the pool deck by the kiddy pools. Don't listen to the naysayers go and enjoy it is you are at the pool deck,  Just be aware that lots of kids (including adults) that frequent these machines.  If I recall on Oasis/Allure they had 4 with 2 on either side.

45 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If the set up is similar to Oasis & Allure, the soft ice cream stations should be located at the pool deck by the kiddy pools. Don't listen to the naysayers go and enjoy it is you are at the pool deck,  Just be aware that lots of kids (including adults) that frequent these machines.  If I recall on Oasis/Allure they had 4 with 2 on either side.

Symphony soft serve is located near El Loco Fresh, Hsrmony my be in a similar location

Speaking of the soft serve 'ice cream'......you were not allowed to fill your own cone on Harmony last week.  An attendant was at the station the whole time it was open and you put in your order.  No one was allowed to touch the cones or machine.  Big difference from last year on Oasis when everyone lined up and filled their own, including the little brats who put their mouths under the spout.

12 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Already noted in post #2.

Clarification :classic_biggrin: ice cream can be ordered in the MDR at dinner and lunch on sea days only .  No machine in the MDR.

On Anthem for lunch ( only on sea days) they have a chocolate fountain at the salad bar.  We usually order ice cream  from tee waiter and scoop the chocolate syrup from the fountain and when it touches the ice cream it creates a solid chocolate covering.  Simply delicious.

21 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

as Villager70 said, go to the back of the Windjammer to get your hand scooped ice cream.  We got off Harmony today and it was so nice having a dish of real ice cream every day at lunch.  Yesterday,, they had coffee ice cream  plus vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.  Day before, it was pistacho with the other 3.  Plus, there are a couple of small bins of chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, M&M's, nuts and a few other 'toppers' next to the bins of  spoons.

Ooh, coffee, that's good to know, and pistachio too!  Wow!
Don't want to go off topic, will you be posting a review here shortly?

40 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Ooh, coffee, that's good to know, and pistachio too!  Wow!
Don't want to go off topic, will you be posting a review here shortly?

no, I don't  keep notes anymore but I will answer specific questions.  Seems every time I post a review, I get someone coming back at me saying they were on the same cruise and I didn't know what I was talking about.  Everyone's experience is different and people on Cruise Critic are just too critical for me. Sorry.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

no, I don't  keep notes anymore but I will answer specific questions.  Seems every time I post a review, I get someone coming back at me saying they were on the same cruise and I didn't know what I was talking about.  Everyone's experience is different and people on Cruise Critic are just too critical for me. Sorry.

No worries!

Back to the ice cream:  we ordered a scoop of vanilla with our desserts every night in the MDR.  I loved the ice cream on top of my creme brulee and DH had a scoop on his apple pie.  The 3 standard flavors were available every night.  We didn't eat in any specialty restaurants but we did order shakes at Johnny Rockets with our burgers one night. Yum!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We actually like the soft serve (regardless of what it is). Having an attendant there to serve it just might be a good idea.

It's a great idea.  Faster service and a cleaner area.

• Like 1