Sailing with non-enhanced driver's license?

Qchell

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

And even if you live in one of the issuing states you only have an EDL is you specifically request one and provide the documentation that goes along with it (and the extra fee, at least in Vermont's case). 

Way to confusing for public

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's why I enjoyed my time hanging out in the Havana  area  during  the day and at the Alchemy  Bar at night.  No cheapskates at either place. 

My bad. I did not know you were prohibited from removing tips if you were in Havana cabins or ordered form the Alchemy Bar. Is there a box to check on the reservation stating you are not a cheapskate? 

As stated before, how much money a person throws around in one place has nothing to do with how much of a cheapskate they might be. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

And it's not $110. My son just applied for his first passport (since he's joining us on our trip to Germany this year) and the total with all of the fees was $162.

A quick Google search provided me with a 110.00 application  fee (which is the same as a renewal passport) and a 35.00 execution fee which totals 145.  Maybe the 162 had a expedited fee of 17 added. 

Anyway, enjoy your trip to Deutscheland.

6 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

My bad. I did not know you were prohibited from removing tips if you were in Havana cabins or ordered form the Alchemy Bar. Is there a box to check on the reservation stating you are not a cheapskate? 

As stated before, how much money a person throws around in one place has nothing to do with how much of a cheapskate they might be. 

So...I must have hit some sort of nerve in one of my earlier posts.  Do you remove your grats and take money from the pockets of cabin stewards and waiters or do you smuggle booze and take it from the pockets of bartenders?

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

A quick Google search provided me with a 110.00 application  fee (which is the same as a renewal passport) and a 35.00 execution fee which totals 145.  Maybe the 162 had a expedited fee of 17 added. 

Anyway, enjoy your trip to Deutscheland.

Thank you. He had to buy a money order and pay for the photo but the fact remains a first time passport is more than $110 and for a family it can add up quickly. Some would look at $850 for a 4 day cruise and figure it was worth it and that's fine, it's their money. I didn't see it as a wise investment at all, especially with such an uncertain travel future.  

3 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I didn't see it as a wise investment at all, especially with such an uncertain travel future.  

A family of 7 certainly constitutes uncertain travel future, whereas a family of two can consider vacations on a more certain level and having a passport simplifies things.  I used to do the drivers license/birth certificate thing many years ago till my first and only time across the pond to Italy forced me to buy one and I have renewed it since.

48 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

... the fact remains a first time passport is more than $110 and for a family it can add up quickly. 

Yup... was thinking at one time of getting the kids passports... but $110 for the passport + $35 for the agent fee + $10 photo cost is $155 a piece.  There are 5 of us.  That $775 was more than I wanted to spend... so just the Mrs. and I got our passports.  The kids have since bought their own passports as adults, on their onw dime. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So...I must have hit some sort of nerve in one of my earlier posts.  Do you remove your grats and take money from the pockets of cabin stewards and waiters or do you smuggle booze and take it from the pockets of bartenders?

Do hope you enjoyed your trip to the land of most ridiculous conclusions.