M27 closure

AndyMichelle

It's that time of year again.... 

For anyone joining Oceana on Sunday, the M27 will be closed junction 3-4 from Friday night until Monday morning. 

Saying that, the last 2 stages have finished early, so may not be an issue. 

Trains are a bit of an issue as well at the moment. 

Hopefully all will be OK, but just wanted to make you aware. 

Andy 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Omega1 said:

Thanks - we’re embarking Oceana on Sunday. P&O have been very good at keeping us informed.

Oh that's good. 

In fairness, it hasn't been a major problem on the previous occasions, but the set diversions are long. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Omega1 said:

Thanks - we’re embarking Oceana on Sunday. P&O have been very good at keeping us informed.

Us too! See you on board. 

Andy, we are staying at the PI at the airport (strange I know, but very cheap). Looking at Google maps etc I think we will avoid any issues - as a local,  do you think we will be ok? 

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Us too! See you on board. 

Andy, we are staying at the PI at the airport (strange I know, but very cheap). Looking at Google maps etc I think we will avoid any issues - as a local,  do you think we will be ok? 

Yeah, you will be fine, straight down Thomas Lewis Way. You might hit a bit of traffic on the roundabout that crosses the M27 as I believe all the westbound traffic gets diverted to there but I cant see it being too problematic for you. 

Just allow a bit of extra time as I'm sure you will. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

10 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah, you will be fine, straight down Thomas Lewis Way. You might hit a bit of traffic on the roundabout that crosses the M27 as I believe all the westbound traffic gets diverted to there but I cant see it being too problematic for you. 

Just allow a bit of extra time as I'm sure you will. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

Thanks Andy. We plan to spin the buffet breakfast out until 11 or so, and then, by the time Mrs W has sorted her hair out,  be on  our way by 11:30 or so. I'm hoping to order my first pint on board by 13:00, and singing Sweet Chariot by 14:30!

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks Andy. We plan to spin the buffet breakfast out until 11 or so, and then, by the time Mrs W has sorted her hair out,  be on  our way by 11:30 or so. I'm hoping to order my first pint on board by 13:00, and singing Sweet Chariot by 14:30!

Haha, we too are staying at the airport Premier Inn! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Excellent, enjoy. 

SWING LOW, SWEET CHARIOT.... 

Andy 

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Have a great time. 

Look out for a lady with nicely coiffured hair (after breakfast) and a chap with a pint and an England shirt... 

Andy 

You are Wowzz and I claim my £5! (That dates me!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Omega1 said:

You are Wowzz and I claim my £5! (That dates me!)

I (just about) remember that. However, like our blessed Queen, I carry no money on my personage - you will need to track down Mrs W. And Good Luck getting any cash out of her!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Yep, you have lost me.. 

I must be far too young... 😊

Enjoy the cruise. 

Andy 

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s popular tabloids would show a partial photo of one of their employees who would wander round a named seaside resort. Readers who recognised him and challenged him with the correct phrase won a fiver! Here endeth the history lesson. Told you I was old.😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Omega1 said:

Back in the 50s, 60s, 70s popular tabloids would show a partial photo of one of their employees who would wander round a named seaside resort. Readers who recognised him and challenged him with the correct phrase won a fiver! Here endeth the history lesson. Told you I was old.😂😂

Chalkie White was the bloke!  (Had to Google it - I remembered the phrase, not the bloke)

In today's world, you would need to be careful who you asked !

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Can I just say... I love the humour Mr and Mrs Wowzz.  We banter like that a lot.. it's fun.   I think myself and Lady Wowzz would be on the same wavelength.  Thanks

oops... off topic!!!

Thank you. I would pass your comments on to Mrs W, but she is in her "does my bum look big in this ? " packing phase, and anything I say may be used against me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Chalkie White was the bloke!  (Had to Google it - I remembered the phrase, not the bloke)

In today's world, you would need to be careful who you asked !

Yes, I didn’t like to mention the name in case it wasn’t PC these days!🙄

16 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's that time of year again.... 

For anyone joining Oceana on Sunday, the M27 will be closed junction 3-4 from Friday night until Monday morning. 

Saying that, the last 2 stages have finished early, so may not be an issue. 

Trains are a bit of an issue as well at the moment. 

Hopefully all will be OK, but just wanted to make you aware. 

Andy 

Regarding the trains, a travel bulletin that I just heard on the radio said that there's a rail replacement bus service running between Basingstoke and Southampton. It's clearly too much to hope for some degree of co-ordination between the scheduling of major road and rail engineering work. 😞

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

Regarding the trains, a travel bulletin that I just heard on the radio said that there's a rail replacement bus service running between Basingstoke and Southampton. It's clearly too much to hope for some degree of co-ordination between the scheduling of major road and rail engineering work. 😞

I do agree about the lack of coordination in many instances, but i think this is due to a train derailment which occurred a day or two ago.  From the article below - it looks like it might last until Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-51298752

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jh1809 said:

There was an incident with a derailed train, so I'm not sure the rail problems were planned. 

Andy 

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Do you know if there are any closures planned for the weekend 22/23rd February, we are planning to drive down on the Saturday, sailing on Sunday.

No closures showing then. 

You will be fine travelling the day before anyway, despite the ongoing roadworks. 

Safe journey and have a great time, 

Andy 

Am currently in Mrs W's bad books. Breezed into the PI at the airport, only to find out that I had mixed up our bookings - we are staying at the airport in April. So a quick drive to the city centre PI. I blame the pressure of being the tour organiser - Mrs W blames it on sheer idiocy!

• Like 3