Celebrity's Handling of their Millennium Sailing is SHAMEFUL!

BelloMundo

15 minutes ago, modem9 said:

Celebrity has now cancelled all the Millennium Asia cruises through March.  See the announcement on the Celebrity website under the Coronavirus link at the top left of their home page.

Yep, we just received a mail notification for our 28 March cruise.  We get a full cash refund and 25% FCC, which is more than decent. Well done on them for taking care of us!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, modem9 said:

Celebrity has now cancelled all the Millennium Asia cruises through March.  See the announcement on the Celebrity website under the Coronavirus link at the top left of their home page.

March, April, and May - she’s coming back to the West Coast of North America.   

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Good News for the OP.

Harris

Denver, CO

except the whole point the OP kept making was since Celebrity was so ‘shameful’ on how they handled this situation they will never cruise with them again and refused an FCC.....so the 25% FCC is.a waste for them.......I’ll take it!!

Den

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

except the whole point the OP kept making was since Celebrity was so ‘shameful’ on how they handled this situation they will never cruise with them again and refused an FCC.....so the 25% FCC is.a waste for them.......I’ll take it!!

Den

Den,

I'm absolutely certain the OP will not accept any future cruise credit.  They made it clear they will NEVER sail Celebrity again.  It's clear from all of their posts the "principle" is the driving force in all their decisions.  The fact you would even raise this question makes me think you are a jaded, cynical, skeptical person.  For shame!

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

March, April, and May - she’s coming back to the West Coast of North America.   

We were on the Feb 1 sailing and booked b2b for the 15th. This info is more or less exactly what the crew members onboard Millennium told us initially around the 8th Feb, though Celebrity then officially denied the info re cancellations on the roll calls and insisted that the 15th sailing will go ahead.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Den,

I'm absolutely certain the OP will not accept any future cruise credit.  They made it clear they will NEVER sail Celebrity again.  It's clear from all of their posts the "principle" is the driving force in all their decisions.  The fact you would even raise this question makes me think you are a jaded, cynical, skeptical person.  For shame!

Harris

Denver, CO

The way I see it they got what they wanted.  Cynical or not.

It's the apologists who still can't see the irony.

22 minutes ago, Maria63 said:

We were on the Feb 1 sailing and booked b2b for the 15th. This info is more or less exactly what the crew members onboard Millennium told us initially around the 8th Feb, though Celebrity then officially denied the info re cancellations on the roll calls and insisted that the 15th sailing will go ahead.

My exact thoughts when we got our email tonight! Exactly what you were told on board? Even down to where the ship was relocating too! 😏

42 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Den,

Harris

Denver, CO

Just another ‘shameful’ act by Celebrity.....well, a reprehensible Celebrity Cheerleader/Booster/Mouthpiece.....who get insurance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Just another ‘shameful’ act by Celebrity.....well, a reprehensible Celebrity Cheerleader/Booster/Mouthpiece.....who get insurance.

From one insured cheerleader to another:  next cruise I’ll buy you a Kool-Aid.  😂

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 3:59 PM, Fouremco said:

Perhaps a little less melodrama and a lot more thought about the global problems created by this outbreak might help you to understand that Celebrity is operating in a very new and extremely fluid environment with few, if any, precedents to guide them. A quick fix is seldom a good one, so give them time to work it out.

Less than two weeks. A little patience would have gone a long way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I really hope Celebrity offers FCC to those of us booked on 2-1 that flew through HK and were denied boarding because of that. I am open to sailIng Celebrity again - especially if they make some effort to recognize those of us caught in the crossfire date. 

Edited by cindivan

2 minutes ago, cindivan said:

I really hope Celebrity offers FCC to those of us booked on 2-1 that flew through HK and were denied boarding because of that. I am open to sailIng Celebrity again - especially if they make some effort to recognize those of us caught in the crossfire date. 

It would not hurt to give them a call or better yet drop an email to celebrityonetouch.com...

bon voyage

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cindivan said:

What is interesting to find out is that the ship had made a port stop in Hong Kong a few days earlier, and many B2B passengers and crew who were allowed on the Feb 1 cruise went ashore.  It has also been reported that there were many cases of the flu on that cruise (or possibly the prior one.)

22 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

It would not hurt to give them a call or better yet drop an email to celebrityonetouch.com...

bon voyage

Definitely not calling them. Some random salesperson won’t have any clue. 

But I will try to email them. Thanks. We shall see 

I told my TA today I need to give it some time before I can book another adventurous cruise like this. So much time and energy planning and such a disappointing end and treatment of passengers.  

However looking at various cruise line threads and cruises being quarantined/prevented from docking it’s been a tough ride for all lines and passengers at this time. I think the lines that will keep loyal passengers are those that make it right, or make an effort. Which I know is subjective.   It will be interesting to see wheee we are 6-12 months from now. 

Edited by cindivan