Left, Right, Center on a ship!

lulamc

Hello friends!  I'll be cruising on Vista next month and have some others interested in playing Left, Right, Center.  Has anyone played on a ship before?  If so where did you play?  Where on Vista might you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any tips / ideas!

Lynda

6 minutes ago, lulamc said:

Hello friends!  I'll be cruising on Vista next month and have some others interested in playing Left, Right, Center.  Has anyone played on a ship before?  If so where did you play?  Where on Vista might you suggest?

Lynda

Last cruise we played in the piano bar, on the Splendor. Can’t help with the Vista.

1 hour ago, James4me said:

This is all new to me, it’s been a while since we have sailed.  So how is this game played?

3 dice...one with an L, R, C....you start with $3 and roll the dice. Pass accordingly...whoever ends up with the last dollar (or more), wins the pot in the center.

Found this online and thought it would help if you're new to LRC:

Left Right Center is a dice game for three or more players, It is entirely a game of chance. The players make no decisions of any kind, even as to wagering.

Each player begins with three $1 bills. Players take it in turn to roll the six-sided dice, each of which is marked with "L", "C", "R" on one side, and a single dot on the three remaining sides. For each "L" or "R" thrown, the player must pass one dollar to the player to his left or right, respectively. A "C" indicates a dollar to the center (pot). A dot has no effect.
If a player has fewer than three dollars left (including zero) he is still in the game but his number of dollars is the number of dice he rolls on his turn, rather than rolling all three. The winner is the last player with dollars left. He does not roll the dice, and wins the center pot.

Note that since no player is ever "out" (even when they have no dollars), the number of players does not change.

This game is really a lot of fun!

On 2/5/2020 at 2:05 PM, lulamc said:

Lynda

We were just on the NCL Bliss.  We did sign-ups on the roll call and had about 25 people interested in playing.  The person that organized the meet and greet contacted the cruise line and they reserved a conference room for us for three of the sea days from 1 PM - 3 PM.

It was a lot of fun; a very good way to spend a couple of hours.

Mike