prices of cruise companies lowest to highest

AliceSprings

5 minutes ago, CPT Trips said:

Unfortunately that site’s comparison does not include Grand Circle Travel and Vantage.

Well, I am sure there other niche lines that are not included but, for the OP, I think there is enough information for them to help answer their questions 🙄

21 hours ago, AliceSprings said:

What is the cheapest river cruise line and which is the highest.  

I would love to see a chart lowest to highest, and 2 star to 5 star.

Thanks

Are you looking at European river cruise lines? Asia? The Nile? Could you be more specific? What time of year are you planning on going? While the reference above includes a number of river cruise lines, it doesn't include all of them. In addition, different lines offer discounts throughout the year, so what may be higher priced today could be lower priced 6 months from now. As far as 2 star to 5 star, that can be very subjective.

There are stickies at the top of this forum you can read to familiarize yourself with the various lines.

Robin

Pricing and what that includes also varies depending on where you are.

Your profile doesn't show your location but @AliceSprings suggests Australia. The same cruises booked in Australia, UK and USA include different things. For instance UK prices include travel by air or rail. With Viking gratuities are included while fellow cruisers from the USA on the last two trips didn't have included gratuities.

What I've done in past is drawn up a simple chart with columns of what I wanted and then have a row for competing cruise companies with a tick or cross whether they were included and what extras they offered.

For cruises of different lengths I divided cost by number of days to get per diem cost.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have already done Scenic Budapest to Amsterdam.  

I was disappointed with the food on the ship given that I paid a heap for the cruise that they advertise as "luxury", well the food wasn't luxury!

Now just looking at France and Portugal with another good line with better food 🙂

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I have found the food on AMA and UNIWORLD delicious:classic_smile:.....just my opinion.

We also found the food on Uniworld very good. Same with Viking & Gate 1. Although we have never been on a cruise (ocean or river) where we found the food quality commensurate with a Michelin star restaurant (nor would we expect it to be) - food on all of our river cruises was good to very good.

• Like 1

You’re right. At first I just looked at a few of the rivers, but scrolling lower, now I see it.
And Grand Circle by comparison to the others , has complimentary wine with dinner, some included excursions , and  twin beds. We paid $120-$150 pp/ nt without air for Christmas markets cruises. 

On 2/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, AliceSprings said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I have already done Scenic Budapest to Amsterdam.  

I was disappointed with the food on the ship given that I paid a heap for the cruise that they advertise as "luxury", well the food wasn't luxury!

Now just looking at France and Portugal with another good line with better food 🙂

We did the same cruise on Scenic. We thought the food was excellent. We especially liked the idea that every evening there was one or two dishes representative of the area we were in. Not sure what the interpretation of "luxury" is? Especially with food.  For sure there were no lobsters or dishes of caviar but, everything we had was very well prepared and very tasty. For us, the service and food was delicious every evening. 🙂

• Like 1

Been on a Vantage river cruise 2 times now and took another Vantage mega-yacht tour of the Black Sea. (They were the only line that didn't cancel immediately following Russia's annexation of the Crimea in Ukraine). Vantage only serves the free wine and beer at dinner, but we aren't big drinkers anyway. My husband and I have found their food to be very tasty, even better than that on some of our favorite ocean cruise ships. In our experience, they fall in the middle price-wise, but will offer great deals (including free air) if you wait to book until close to departure time.