Cabin Room Trips and Tricks

I bring an aromatherapy diffuser for the bathroom with essential oils. I bought one that has a light. It serves as an air freshener and a night light.

I also bring a shower curtain and hang it with the magnetic hooks from the ceiling. This way when sharing a room with our kids we don’t disturb them with our lights at night if we stay up. It also makes getting ready in the mornings faster since I can close it and change behind it. 

We also bring small portable fans to keep the air moving and white noise. 

• Like 1

I'd like a battery-operated light to use in the cabin's bathroom on our future cruises. What have you tried and like? I think I read some of you have battery-operated tea lights. Do they have switches? Do you leave them on 24 hours or just turn them on before you go to bed? Anything else I should take into consideration? I'm buying travel supplies now while I'm thinking about it. Thank you!

Another thought on those luggage tags with the metal straps... In addition to using them as we board the ship, we also use them when we put the luggage outside the room the last night to be taken off the ship. Works out very well. 

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Those over the beds on Celebrity are useless. You have to stand on a wobbly  bed. Not my idea of convenient.

I love those storage cabinets. I also love the new Royal wraparound the bed cabinets

The storage should be kept as out of the way as possible to provide as much space as possible

22 minutes ago, Cruiser_M said:

I'd like a battery-operated light to use in the cabin's bathroom on our future cruises. What have you tried and like? I think I read some of you have battery-operated tea lights. Do they have switches? Do you leave them on 24 hours or just turn them on before you go to bed? Anything else I should take into consideration? I'm buying travel supplies now while I'm thinking about it. Thank you!

Another thought on those luggage tags with the metal straps... In addition to using them as we board the ship, we also use them when we put the luggage outside the room the last night to be taken off the ship. Works out very well. 

Yes the tea lights have switches on them and we turn them on and off as needed

1 hour ago, Cruiser_M said:

I have wireless rechargeable night lights at home and just take 1-2 with me. It has 3 modes: off, on, auto (lights up when detects motion). It has 2 brightness settings. They're magnetic too!

https://amzn.to/39rrQNV

Edited by gmros
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t think my requests are out of line. 

And if I had a tiara, it would be plastic, so no polishing required. 

I wouldn't suggest for a moment that your requests are out of line, and I am sure you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't ask for your week long servant to do them for you

You'll have to excuse me, I need to go to get some milk and eggs from the store. It takes soooo long waiting for them to gift wrap them for me

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I wouldn't suggest for a moment that your requests are out of line, and I am sure you don't either, otherwise you wouldn't ask for your week long servant to do them for you

You'll have to excuse me, I need to go to get some milk and eggs from the store. It takes soooo long waiting for them to gift wrap them for me

At 83 and disabled, I’m very fortunate to be able to cruise. The pillows enable me to sleep, as does the sheet and blanket instead of a heavy duvet. 

Somehow I get the feeling you are calling me a diva. I do not have servants at home, nor would I ever  consider a steward a servant. 

I’m sorry you think  that I believe I’m entitle to extra care, but I’ll just have to live with it. 

Edited by jagsfan
Typo
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Is this really what makes you happy, putting people down?

• Like 6

The first thing I do is empty out the drawers! The hair dryer, extraneous brochures, and whatever else is in there that I won't use go up on top of the hutch over the desk. 

I use magnets for all the paper that makes its way into the cabin, to keep it off the limited surface space, and for jackets and the like, that start out in the closet but never seem to get back there. With enough hooks on the wall, we don't end up with a heap of stuff draped over the back of the chair.

I think I'll be getting one of those neoprene bottle holders. They look useful!

• Like 1

I think the most useful thing that is "extra" for us is the RCCL luggage tags you can find on amazon that have the thin cable to attach them to the suitcase. Reuseable and super handy.

Based on the comments for towel holders, I searched amazon quick and found something called Towel Bandit which is essentially a big rubber band to hold down your towel. Since they are small and flexible, they would take up less space than the bulky clothespin types.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruiser_M said:

I'd like a battery-operated light to use in the cabin's bathroom on our future cruises.  

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack)

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack) at AMAZON. 

I love these since I don't have to lug extra batteries to change when my old light would begin to dim. The charge lasts for days and it's an easy recharge with the USB cable. It has low and high light settings along with an on/off switch or the option of a motion sensor. 

39 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack)

AUVON Rechargeable Motion Sensor Night Light, Warm White LED Stick-On Closet Light with Dusk to Dawn Sensor, Adjustable Brightness for Wall, Stairs, Cabinet, Hallway (2 Pack) at AMAZON. 

I love these since I don't have to lug extra batteries to change when my old light would begin to dim. The charge lasts for days and it's an easy recharge with the USB cable. It has low and high light settings along with an on/off switch or the option of a motion sensor. 

These look perfect. Thank you.

To facilitate drying bathing suits and water shirts, I bring four plastic hangers and several plastic clip-type clothespins. This way I can hang the hangers on the clothesline in the shower and keep them from sliding around/keep them separated using the clips. Instead of just one or two things, I can hang four things in the shower to dry.

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

I have the exact same ones! I have 6 of them at home 🙂

48 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

To facilitate drying bathing suits and water shirts, I bring four plastic hangers and several plastic clip-type clothespins. This way I can hang the hangers on the clothesline in the shower and keep them from sliding around/keep them separated using the clips. Instead of just one or two things, I can hang four things in the shower to dry.

Doesn't the clothesline stretch?

Lots of great ideas here!  I also have found brining a small fan with me helps to add a little cool breeze & noise.  

OPOLAR Mini Portable Battery Operated Travel Fan with 3-13 Battery Life, Rechargeable & USB powered Handheld Fan for Desk Beach Camping, 3 Speeds, Strong Airflow, Internal Blue Light& Side Flash Light
by OPOLAR
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZYUL6A/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_oxHqEbXMMFWEJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CntPAcruiser said:

I just use my magnet hooks on the ceiling by the air vent and the cruise line's hangers.  Less to pack, and if someone wants to take a shower, you don't have to move everything! 

• Like 1

I take a picture of the daily newsletter showing where we are and the date. I know all the pictures I take after that are from that port/sea day and the date. Repeat every day.  I also have a see through mesh zipper bag I put our wallets, keys, money in and put it in the safe. It keeps everything together and nothing gets left behind by hiding in the safe. A UV toothbrush holder will keep your toothbrush germ free. 

• Like 4